Katie Samuelson Wins Naismith Award | The Boneyard

Katie Samuelson Wins Naismith Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
WOW............Geez. Is KLS racking up or what ? Actually , I was thinking that Naphessa would get this. Primarily since Katie Lou had gotten everything else.

Is there anything else left now other than MVP of the McDonalds Game in April ?

Heck , she may get that too.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
The weeping and wailing is starting in Orangeland.

I mean I hate that y'all got yet another great one but no weeping and wailing over here in VolLand. Makes things tougher but gotta keep on trucking. I'm excited for our Te'a to see if she can live up to her hype. Think she may be an upgrade from Massengale. We shall see. Congrats to Katie tho!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I mean I hate that y'all got yet another great one but no weeping and wailing over here in VolLand. Makes things tougher but gotta keep on trucking. I'm excited for our Te'a to see if she can live up to her hype. Think she may be an upgrade from Massengale. We shall see. Congrats to Katie tho!

For you guys, I hope she is an upgrade too. The bar isn't all that high.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
For you guys, I hope she is an upgrade too. The bar isn't all that high.

Agreed. Mass can be awesome one game then a total no-show the next. She pretty much stayed on the bus the whole SEC Tourney. I'm not putting her down tho cuz she has saved us on many occasions with her streaky shooting...but also killed us too. Can't win without her. If Te'a competes every game, then upgrade indeed.

Reaction Score
The weeping and wailing is starting in Orangeland.
Why would we weep and wail?!? I haven't seen one post in VolNation or the Summit where someone was weeping and wailing!!!! Unnecessary comment... I'll take that!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Press Release: http://www.naismithtrophy.com/press...rs-of-the-year-presented-by-hilton-worldwide/

Katie is the 7th UConn Recruit to win the Naismith POY Award

Tamika Williams
Diana Taurasi
Ann Strother
Maya Moore (2)
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis
Breanna Stewart
and Now Katie Lou Samuelson

What's common amongst the previous 6 Winners they all won National Championships while at UConn. They actually all won 2 or More National Championships.

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
Agreed. Mass can be awesome one game then a total no-show the next. She pretty much stayed on the bus the whole SEC Tourney. I'm not putting her down tho cuz she has saved us on many occasions with her streaky shooting...but also killed us too. Can't win without her. If Te'a competes every game, then upgrade indeed.
The good thing is you guys add DeShields and Te'a.... Its going to be a vast upgrade in play no matter if Te'a is better than Mass or not. And If Russell is healthy , who knows.
You guys may take down the Gamecocks and reclaim your superiority in thr SEC.

Reaction Score
The good thing is you guys add DeShields and Te'a.... Its going to be a vast upgrade in play no matter if Te'a is better than Mass or not. And If Russell is healthy , who knows.
You guys may take down the Gamecocks and reclaim your superiority in thr SEC.

Russell being healthy will be the key to their success next year in my opinion. There aren't that many alternatives if she can't go. They would still do well in the regular season but having her healthy will be paramount in next year's NCAAT if Tennessee wants to make a serious run for a NC. IMO.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Congrats to KLS. Can't wait to see her in a UCONN uniform.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mater Dei has a Dominant Sports Program in most sports and that helped Katie. Also I'm sure Katie's accomplishments with Team USA had an impact on the voters.

Reaction Score
It's going to be another long post season waiting for this next class to arrive. Two great classes in a row and we will still have the outstanding 2012 class. It sure looks like a another fun season ahead, that is if anyone will play us.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
WOW..Geez. Is KLS racking up or what ? Actually , I was thinking that Naphessa would get this. Primarily since Katie Lou had gotten everything else.

Is there anything else left now other than MVP of the McDonalds Game in April ?

Heck , she may get that too.

Yes. I think, actually, I know, she wants to lead her team to a California State Championship. It starts tomorrow night against a solid team. Both of Lou's sisters, Bonnie and Karlie got CIF sectional, (with Edison HS), which Mater Dei lost by a point this past Saturday. A state championship, in the Open Division is just as hard, if not harder.

Lou can do it.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I still like Napheesa's game better than Lou's, she always seems to be in the right position to score, rebound, or assist. She may be a Gabby upgrade, if that's possible.

KLS and Napheesa - two great tastes that will (very likely) taste great together - so to speak.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Why would we weep and wail?!? I haven't seen one post in VolNation or the Summit where someone was weeping and wailing!!!! Unnecessary comment... I'll take that!

They haven't caught up with us speedy internet folk ... I thought they would. I guess I forgot the sage advise of my old coach: Never overestimate the intelligence of your opponent.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Lou!

I thought that Napheesa and Asia Durr were the primary competition. I don't see Cooper at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom