Katie Lou Samuelson | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Katie Lou Samuelson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If anyone transfers it won't be one of the newbies.
My gut feeling that there will be no one asking for transfer this year. Because the current players are all very nice and have good attitude. Hope I am right.

Reaction Score
My gut feeling that there will be no one asking for transfer this year. Because the current players are all very nice and have good attitude. Hope I am right.
I agree. Plus it would be dumb considering a good amount of playing time is about to open up after this season. I like Lou's attitude of starting at the bottom and having to work her way up because she's just a freshman. If only every kid had that attitude to know their place, but to many recruits nowadays it's all about what a program can do for them, and not vice versa.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
This photo array, of KLS, from her HS years(Edison and Mater Dei) was in the OC Register. I am not sure if it was posted here or not in the past.
http://www.ocvarsity.com/sections/article/gallery/?pic=1&id=78127&db=ocvarsity

Anyone know one of the spectators in the 2nd picture?
For those that need a little help....

shea_highlighted.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Being from Prince Georges County Maryland I got to see a lot of De'Janae Boykins. Before she got hurt in her senior year she was a double-double machine with three point range. I was very high on her until I saw her play against Eleanor Roosevelt in the Maryland state regionals. There she was thoroughly outplayed by Kaila Charles who held her to 9 points. Maryland decided to go to Connecticut to sign Kiah Gillespie and got the verbal from Charles for 2016. Boykins may get her form back or maybe not but she will have to work extemely hard to get playing time.
Be careful what you wish for! I'm just gonna store away this post. You do realize that Maryland will be playing UCONN on a regular basis over the next few years which will give Miss Charles and Gillespie ample opportunity to get at The Queen De'Janae Boykins.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Why am I skeptical when a Maryland fan comes on the Boneyard to inform us that a UConn recruit was "thoroughly outplayed" by a Maryland recruit? Let's let wait and see how they actually perform in college before judging the talent of either player. I, for one, am pleased that Boykin is a Husky and believe she will be an important contributor during her career at UConn.
Flowers lost only twice that year, both times to Roosevelt, which was a powerhouse. In the second game--in the post-season--the score was ridiculously one-sided. DJB had a lot of early foul trouble. Maybe she was outplayed, but largely she was ineffective due to limited playing time. She was still named the Maryland Gatorade POY. I think Charles may be a really good one, but I'm unaware of anything suggesting that she's a better player then DJB.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou is built a lot like Breanna just one inch shorter. Katie Lou is the better outside shooter and dribbler. Breanna is the better rebounder, shot blocker, post up player and better defender. Breanna is best in the toughest times. Let's hope Katie Lou is too. Also, Breanna has the ups that Katie Lou never will and neither will most women basketball players.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Katie Lou is built a lot like Breanna just one inch shorter. Katie Lou is the better outside shooter and dribbler. Breanna is the better rebounder, shot blocker, post up player and better defender. Breanna is best in the toughest times. Let's hope Katie Lou is too. Also, Breanna has the ups that Katie Lou never will and neither will most women basketball players.
I think Lou has a slightly larger frame though shorter arms than Stewart which suggests she may be able to add more bulk in the weight room. And she has pretty good ups on her jump shot which is a lot more accurate than Stewarts - she is in KML kind of territory at least through HS. And she is not bad around the basket either. Early days and all, but do not discount the potential.

Reaction Score
Never said she doesn't have potential. She could be an all-time great Husky. What I said was that Katie Lou was a better outside shooter and dribbler and that Breanna is the better rebounder, shot blocker, post up player and better defender. Don't forget, Katie Lou won't be posting up against high school players, and there will be much more athletic players defending the rim when she does post up. When Katie Lou starts dunking the ball with either hand, then you can tell me about her ups, which aren't on the same planet or in the same galaxy as Breanna's. They aren't now and never will be.

Reaction Score
This photo array, of KLS, from her HS years(Edison and Mater Dei) was in the OC Register. I am not sure if it was posted here or not in the past.
http://www.ocvarsity.com/sections/article/gallery/?pic=1&id=78127&db=ocvarsity

Anyone know one of the spectators in the 2nd picture?
Does anybody agree that KLS resembles a young Caroline Kennedy? This may have been mentioned before (and maybe multiple times) but I don't recollect reading about it. In any case, she's going to be an awesome addition to the team, along with her fellow freshmen!

Reaction Score
Never said she doesn't have potential. She could be an all-time great Husky. What I said was that Katie Lou was a better outside shooter and dribbler and that Breanna is the better rebounder, shot blocker, post up player and better defender. Don't forget, Katie Lou won't be posting up against high school players, and there will be much more athletic players defending the rim when she does post up. When Katie Lou starts dunking the ball with either hand, then you can tell me about her ups, which aren't on the same planet or in the same galaxy as Breanna's. They aren't now and never will be.
I don't quite understand where you say Breanna has these outstanding ups and that KLS won't ever compare. That's not what I see out of Breanna because I think it's an illusion based on her unbelievable wing span. I'm a super Breanna fan but I have never felt that she had great hops!

Reaction Score
I don't quite understand where you say Breanna has these outstanding ups and that KLS won't ever compare. That's not what I see out of Breanna because I think it's an illusion based on her unbelievable wing span. I'm a super Breanna fan but I have never felt that she had great hops!

Why doesn't everyone be patient. We'll find out soon enough.

Reaction Score
Buzzyboy, you need to get a pair of glasses because I don't know who you've been watching for the last three years, but you have not been watching Breanna Stewart.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
10,000 views... I added to it because I thought someone was giving away cars in here.

Reaction Score
WELCOME Bill. I always enjoyed your postings in the Hartford Courant Uconn WBB column comments. You are intelligent, insightful, and knowledge able. My first postings in the Boneyard I referred to DavidNNaples as Bill thinking it you. You both know your stuff.
Nice to have a guy who doesn't get nasty, just writes the fact. Welcome.
I thank you for the welcome. I know I can be a little long "winded" but I am always taking the approach that I could actually be read by some common sense, reasonable, and logical people who might have a change of mind given what I present for an argument. I also try to be respectful as long as I can get that in return. In any case I am looking forward to the start of the season, who's the 5th starter, who starts getting minutes early on, etc. Stay healthy and look forward to a great year, maybe the ultimate record setter for Stewie and Mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom