Katie-Lou Samuelson Highlight Video | The Boneyard

Katie-Lou Samuelson Highlight Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Katie Lou has a very nice shot. Can't wait till she gets here.

Reaction Score

While highlights can sometimes be misleading, I definitely liked what I saw. Two things struck me. I liked her demeanor on the court. She seems cool, intense and even keeled. I also liked her drive from the right side where she showed a real willingness to make body contact. Wow, do we have something to look forward to. Did I just end a sentence with a preposition? LOL grammar lovers.

Reaction Score
While highlights can sometimes be misleading, I definitely liked what I saw. Two things struck me. I liked her demeanor on the court. She seems cool, intense and even keeled. I also liked her drive from the right side where she showed a real willingness to make body contact. Wow, do we have something to look forward to. Did I just end a sentence with a preposition? LOL grammar lovers.
The body contact she initiated on her drive was my favorite play of the whole video. Great foul shooters should try to get to the line. Looking forward to seeing her in UCONN blue.

45 TO GO

Reaction Score
Is Ann Strother a reasonable comp for KLS, at least as far as modeling her game as a tall, perimeter-oriented player?

(Note: no offense, but I hope she ends up better than Ann.)

Reaction Score
KLS has a lot of tools - made the contact drive from the right, pulled up for the short jumper on the left and made the layup at full speed (I sometimes think it is 60/40 against making a layup in WBB). When she gets to UConn and is taught by Geno and crew how to effectively move without the ball, the sky's the limit may not be high enough. If she could only shoot the three! ;)

Reaction Score
Personally, I don't think there could ever be a prettier shot than Kalena's. Nope, never.

Reaction Score
Personally, I don't think there could ever be a prettier shot than Kalena's. Nope, never.

That may be so, but Katie Lou's isn't bad either and she has very quick release.

Reaction Score
That may be so, but Katie Lou's isn't bad either and she has very quick release.
Her release is quick, but she has this little hitch when she catches the ball that prevents her release from being even faster. Because of her size, I doubt it's much of an issue at the high school level, but it's something that she could improve upon in college.

If we're talking about the best releases in wcbb, I think Maya has the best one I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Is Ann Strother a reasonable comp for KLS, at least as far as modeling her game as a tall, perimeter-oriented player?

(Note: no offense, but I hope she ends up better than Ann.)
From what I've seen, I think she'll be a better shooter than Strother with a quicker release, which makes a big difference. She also has the capacity to put on more muscle and be more of an inside-outside threat.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing KLS on the floor with KML and Stewie in the paint. Classic inside/outside game. Can we get season tickets yet? I can't wait!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
The KLS video displayed one hell of a basketball player. This only thing that I noticed which will need some work is strength. She looks a bit thin for WCBB, especially when she is being double and triple teamed. When Geno and the coaches get her into the weight room, she will be unstoppable.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The KLS video displayed one hell of a basketball player. This only thing that I noticed which will need some work is strength. She looks a bit thin for WCBB, especially when she is being double and triple teamed. When Geno and the coaches get her into the weight room, she will be unstoppable.

She was coming off an illness which caused her to lose 10-15 lbs. She definitely needs work in the weight room (which she'll get at UConn), but she's not normally as thin as she looked in those highlights.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing KLS on the floor with KML and Stewie in the paint. Classic inside/outside game. Can we get season tickets yet? I can't wait!!!!!!!

Kaleena graduates before Katie Lou's freshman year...

Reaction Score
Quibbling... I admit... I think she's going to be very good...
But the first thing I think Geno is going to do is to get her working on her left hand.
Whenever I've seen her play or watched her highlights, everything's righty.
Even in this vid, the one drive she made to the left, she shot with her right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA