Katie Lou echoes Breanna, wants to win 4 titles & other cool recruit stuff | The Boneyard

Katie Lou echoes Breanna, wants to win 4 titles & other cool recruit stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lou on pressure, being a target at UConn, watching the Final Four, and expectations:

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2015/04/uconn-commit-samuelson-i-want-to-win.html

Jim Fuller also spoke with Christ the King's coach Bob Mackey about the incoming class:

"They are going to be incredible assets, (UConn) won't miss a beat," Mackey said. "Those kids know how to play, they know how to space, they know how to see the floor, they are fundamentally sound and they work hard."

Lots more from Mackey in the link:

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2015/04/legendary-coach-dishes-on-uconns.html

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Good Stuff Sluconn thanks for posting.
I especially like this quote from Mackey speaking of The Pheenom
Wow," Mackey said "She has tremendous upside, the kid can flat out run and she can't be guarded. She's a wing, she is a forward, she is a guard, she can play any position she wants. She is not Breanna Stewart but she is in that realm.

Reaction Score
Lou on pressure, being a target at UConn, watching the Final Four, and expectations:

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2015/04/uconn-commit-samuelson-i-want-to-win.html

Jim Fuller also spoke with Christ the King's coach Bob Mackey about the incoming class:

"They are going to be incredible assets, (UConn) won't miss a beat," Mackey said. "Those kids know how to play, they know how to space, they know how to see the floor, they are fundamentally sound and they work hard."

Lots more from Mackey in the link:

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2015/04/legendary-coach-dishes-on-uconns.html

I wonder what kind of odd would I get from Vegas on that prop bet ?

HGN

Reaction Score
If Katie Lou wants to win 4 National Championships , the best thing she can do is start now by helping Stewie win next year....The end of one string of 4 ; and the beginning of her own.

Reaction Score
You want players to be confident, but Lou has no idea yet. Stewie's emotion this year showed how hard three were. Seven? That's like running a marathon up Mt. Everest.

Reaction Score
I am sure she (and any serious player) "wants" to win every game they play in... wants to drafted #1, wants to play in the Olympics, wants to win world and Olympic gold, etc, etc...

I'm curious to hear how many she thinks she will actually win?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I started following the Women Huskies seriously after the 2002 Championship. That's when I joined the Boneyard.

After winning the NC in 2003, Ann Strother stated that she wanted to win Four National Championships. She got two. Stuff happens. ( I think DT had something to do with the those two.)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I started following the Women Huskies seriously after the 2002 Championship. That's when I joined the Boneyard.

After winning the NC in 2003, Ann Strother stated that she wanted to win Four National Championships. She got two. Stuff happens. ( I think DT had something to do with the those two.)

ahem.

"Women Huskies"?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
ahem.

"Women Huskies"?
Yeah, I know. But I have been following the Men's team a lot longer than the Women. I guess I should have written " the women's team." My bad..... lol

P.S. The joke is, Geno said his players say "my bad" when they make a mistake, like that wipes the slate clean. My slate will never be clean...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I don't think she said anything, but Tiffany had the chance to win 156 straight. It's really, really, really hard.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

This a beautiful but puzzling thing. At other schools you often hear a signed player state "Our goal is to make A (singular) Final Four". Here we have a UCONN player Ann Strother stated that her goal was to win 4 NC. She fell short of the goal and actually "only" won 2, and you are advising caution??? -because stuff happens? Put it out the KLS:"4 NC or Bust"-I got your back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom