Kara Holds Forth on the Sophs | The Boneyard

Kara Holds Forth on the Sophs

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"One of the hardest jumps to make as a player is from role player to featured player," Lawson said "It's very, very difficult. I can remember having to do that between my sophomore and junior year [at Tennessee] and it's not easy. You just have so much more responsibility and not only do you have so much more responsibility, you have more of the outcome of the game depending on your play. So I think what Napheesa and Katie Lou have done is really, really impressive. From a production standpoint, they've made that jump from their freshman to sophomore year, which is not easy to do."

Others chime in too. Got A Problem To Overcome? Geno Teaches His UConn Players To Figure It Out

"Having attended UConn practices and shootarounds, I learned more in those times than I do in five other practices with other teams, combined," Robinson said. "It's the attention to detail and not just one play, but on every drill. It trickles down from the coaching staff to every player, even those who may never touch the floor. … When you talk to Sue [Bird] and Swin [Cash] and those guys, obviously they played on great teams, but they talk about how he would put them in situations where it was almost impossible to succeed. Every day in practice. So he made it possible so that in the games it would be easy."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great article, and really interesting to get Robinson's comments - I had not yet gotten a read on her feelings toward Uconn and they coaches, but she is as impressed as the rest. And good to gets some comments from Kara as well - I respect her insights on the game as much or more than anyone else in the media profession

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom