Kalana Greene fitting in nicely for the Silver Stars... | The Boneyard

Kalana Greene fitting in nicely for the Silver Stars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Played 18 minutes scoring 6 points, grabbing 5 boards, 1 assist and 1 block off the bench for them. She's a smart player - I remember her saying that her injuries forced her to stop relying on sheer athleticism and helped her become a better and smarter player. So glad she's making a mark there...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she's also a vet... who will get picked up anytime she's let go

KG is a favorite Husky of mine

Reaction Score
Maybe San Antonio would be a good place for Kelly Faris . I feel so bad for her because she looks so unhappy on the bench. She doesn't cheer or talk to anyone unlike Chiney who's cheering everyone on and getting right in the huddle. Kelly looks so depressed that I try not to look at her. She never smiles or seems to communicate with her teammates. I guess the WNBA isn't as easy as some think. Glad that Kalana is getting another chance. She certainly has the talent but needs to be aggressive 100% of the time.

Reaction Score
Maybe San Antonio would be a good place for Kelly Faris . I feel so bad for her because she looks so unhappy on the bench. She doesn't cheer or talk to anyone unlike Chiney who's cheering everyone on and getting right in the huddle. Kelly looks so depressed that I try not to look at her. She never smiles or seems to communicate with her teammates. I guess the WNBA isn't as easy as some think. Glad that Kalana is getting another chance. She certainly has the talent but needs to be aggressive 100% of the time.

lanieer- - - Agree! It shows you the type of person Anne Donovan really is! With all their injuries you can't tell me it won't help The Sun to cut Kelly and sign a player that can give them 10-12 minutes of useful minutes to them? Why punish Kelly and her teammates by having a position not used! Is AD proving some point? Kelly could go somewhere she'll be valued for what she CAN do not punished for what she CANNOT do! With only 12 spots on each roster every player has to be bringing something to the table!

As I posted before, the Tulsa Shock and CT Sun have to be benefiting big time with the state of the WNBA with all the stars sitting out and injuries to important players! Do you really think Fred Williams in Tulsa & AD have finally grown BRAINS that they're both 7-1 and in first place in their respective divisions! For all the TALKING SUITS resurrecting Fred & AD as Jesus coming back with brilliant coaching would Tulsa & CT really be where they are now if the League was in it's normal state?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
lanieer- - - Agree! It shows you the type of person Anne Donovan really is! With all their injuries you can't tell me it won't help The Sun to cut Kelly and sign a player that can give them 10-12 minutes of useful minutes to them? Why punish Kelly and her teammates by having a position not used! Is AD proving some point? Kelly could go somewhere she'll be valued for what she CAN do not punished for what she CANNOT do! With only 12 spots on each roster every player has to be bringing something to the table!

As I posted before, the Tulsa Shock and CT Sun have to be benefiting big time with the state of the WNBA with all the stars sitting out and injuries to important players! Do you really think Fred Williams in Tulsa & AD have finally grown BRAINS that they're both 7-1 and in first place in their respective divisions! For all the TALKING SUITS resurrecting Fred & AD as Jesus coming back with brilliant coaching would Tulsa & CT really be where they are now if the League was in it's normal state?
Fred took a team to the WNBA finals before, and the Shock and Sun have certainly been affected this season by injuries. For Connecticut, they are missing Chiney, Allison Hightower, and Kelsey Griffin and have still gone 7-1. Give AD kudos for that. And Tulsa has starter Glory Johnson out on maternity leave for the season, Liz Cambage vacationing again back home in Australia, and starter Sims has been missing since the 3rd game of the season. Without all those players the Shock has still won @Minnesota (who were missing only newcomer Anna Cruz) and @Washington (missing Hartley and Kia Vaughn) and are now 8-1. That's pretty impressive.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Tulsa has benefitted from drafting and having young players that (for the moment) are jelling and injury-free.

If, VIKES!, AD were the incompetent bitter fool that you paint her to be, then Kelly could easily ask for her release. If she has and AD, the bitter incompetent fool, is just being spiteful, then Kelly should suck it up and be the best teammate she can be. If she learned nothing from UConn and their bench players, she should have learned that.

There are no guarantees in the W, and players can move to find the right mix of place and time and coach, but it also may be that, despite what a W coach "says" the reality is played out on the court. You earn it - and if you haven't, maybe the W is not for you.

As for records and the "state of the W" --- you play, you don't make excuses.

Reaction Score
ThisJustin- - - Kelly is a UCONN WBB alumni she will not ASK FOR HER RELEASE, but really doesn't it confuse anyone else that AD is using a valuable roster spot for a player she obviously doesn't want or need? Even if you're a fan of AD, this makes no sense at all with only 12 player spots available! She could add a player she will trust and want to give 5 to 10 minutes a game to!

I will take a giant leap of faith on Anne Donovan's coaching inability!
THE CT SUN WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON! They and Chicago will be the two teams missing the SHOW!
They lost their 1st in 8 games tonight and I believe many more will follow and as the losing snowballs AD will drink the "koolaid"!
She will coach and talk her team into WNBA oblivion!
No bets or whatever! I may even change my mind, but this evening as the loss tonight went on I just got the , "they're going to blow this season away feeling!"

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
don't change you mind... stick to you word, or are you playing it safe with the disclaimer

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
meyers7 said:
When did she ever smile?

when Geno chest-bumped her on the sideline ....even she couldn't keep a straight face after that one :)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
ThisJustin- - - Kelly is a UCONN WBB alumni she will not ASK FOR HER RELEASE, but really doesn't it confuse anyone else that AD is using a valuable roster spot for a player she obviously doesn't want or need? Even if you're a fan of AD, this makes no sense at all with only 12 player spots available! She could add a player she will trust and want to give 5 to 10 minutes a game to!

In the NBA, there is a maximum of 15 players per roster. Players 13-15 rarely play.

The 12th player (and the 11th player, to some extent) on a WNBA roster is there as a practice player and as someone to step in when a player is injured or when there are multiple players in foul trouble. It is not a situation where everyone gets a turn at bat.

This is a professional league, so the best players will play. There is no guarantee of playing time or minutes; professional players need to be ready when called upon, whether in every game or only in a handful of games.

Faris is there because she beat out other players to earn that spot, whether she plays in every game, every other game, or only a few times per season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
when Geno chest-bumped her on the sideline ....even she couldn't keep a straight face after that one :)
Yep, and that was pretty much it for the smiles department. :D

Reaction Score
don't change you mind... stick to you word, or are you playing it safe with the disclaimer

DaddyChoc- - I just threw that in there, I really have no intention of changing THE CT SUN WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2015!

Reaction Score
In the NBA, there is a maximum of 15 players per roster. Players 13-15 rarely play.

The 12th player (and the 11th player, to some extent) on a WNBA roster is there as a practice player and as someone to step in when a player is injured or when there are multiple players in foul trouble. It is not a situation where everyone gets a turn at bat.

This is a professional league, so the best players will play. There is no guarantee of playing time or minutes; professional players need to be ready when called upon, whether in every game or only in a handful of games.

Faris is there because she beat out other players to earn that spot, whether she plays in every game, every other game, or only a few times per season.

CamrnCrz1974- - - I fully understand all that you and others stated above, but it is also fully understood that AD has NO USE FOR KELLY FARIS! Sometimes the 11th and 12th girls in the WNBA are like walk-ons in college, but you usually in the WNBA pick someone that could in certain situations go in and the coach trusts them! With the 11th & 12th girls on other teams they are treated by EVERYONE as if they're part of the team not just given a uniform for show! The CT players are fine in their relationship to Kelly, but the coaching staff gives me a "Leeper, Leeper, unclean" feeling when they deal with Kelly Faris, and I don't understand that! Even though she is limited offensively her hustle, defense, leadership qualities, attacking attitude, has never been questioned before and the staff treats her as if she has NO positive points! WHY! I don't expect her to start or play 25 to 35 minutes a game, I would just like her to be treated like the wonderful human being she is and accentuate her strong points! Kelly, herself won't comment on her situation, she'll grin and bear it, the loyal teammate, but this has got to killing someone that has done BB the right way where-ever she's played and she's confused by the disrespect given her!

Reaction Score

I will take a giant leap of faith on Anne Donovan's coaching inability!
THE CT SUN WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON! They and Chicago will be the two teams missing the SHOW!
They lost their 1st in 8 games tonight and I believe many more will follow and as the losing snowballs AD will drink the "koolaid"!
She will coach and talk her team into WNBA oblivion!
No bets or whatever! I may even change my mind, but this evening as the loss tonight went on I just got the , "they're going to blow this season away feeling!"

Tina Charles asked for her release. Just saying. I think if it's that bad, whether they are UCONN Alum or not, they'll ask for the release. Kelly's problem is, she wasn't MVP last season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc- - I just threw that in there, I really have no intention of changing THE CT SUN WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2015!

what are you willing to put up on this bet ?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

CT went 13-21 in 2014, with Chiney Ogwumike as the team leader and the WNBA Rookie of the Year. This was after a 10-24 campaign in 2013.

The team currently had a record of 7-1 before last night's loss. Last year, after eight games, the team was 2-6. Even if the team does not make the playoffs, the franchise has demonstrated significant improvement, without the 2014 ROY (Ogwumike is missing the year with injury) or any contributions from its 2014 draft pick (Elizabeth Williams). Hard to argue the fact that the team has not only improved, it has done so in a significant way, while facing a season-ending injury to its best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom