Juwan Durham update?? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Juwan Durham update??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who cares? Enough of the personal witch hunts. Does this constant attacking of him make you feel like a better person? Should we monitor all your posts too to see how accurate they are a year later? What's your ratio for accuracy?

A poster made a bad prediction (happens all the time)
Someone pointed it out
Poster indignantly declared he never made the prediction
Someone pointed out they had made it

Scandalous

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Someone pointed it out

Scandalous
Summarized this way I'd agree with your sarcasm. Reading many other responses directed at this poster in other threads and the pattern takes on a different meaning.

Reaction Score
Summarized this way I'd agree with your sarcasm. Reading many other responses directed at this poster in other threads and the pattern takes on a different meaning.

Exactly! There are some people here who, once they get into a pissing match with someone, they basically stalk that person forever. They are usually inflammatory. The stalkee is usually a powder keg. After the first explosion, the flame stalks the explosive. Both are to blame but, honestly, the flame is the one that keeps the bad blood flowing. Reminds me a lot of the Calipari-Calhoun relationship of the mid-90s onward. Calhoun was the powder keg, in case that isn't clear. Interestingly, the flamers on here are often squid supporters/apologists.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Someone pointed it out

Scandalous

I find it more interesting that every time Jim Ollie says something dumb (quite frequently) that remarkably Bear JWS seems to come to his rescue and say 'quit it with the bashing'. Then Jim Ollie disappears until his next idiotic off-track comment which derails another thread. I'd be curious to see the ip address of each... especially since BearJWS and JimOllie both have their profiles set so that you can't view their post history. Seems like when Jim catches too much flak for his asinine posts Bear always comes to the rescue within minutes. How sweet.

Reaction Score
I find it more interesting that every time Jim Ollie says something dumb (quite frequently) that remarkably Bear JWS seems to come to his rescue and say 'quit it with the bashing'. Then Jim Ollie disappears until his next idiotic off-track comment which derails another thread. I'd be curious to see the ip address of each... especially since BearJWS and JimOllie both have their profiles set so that you can't view their post history. Seems like when Jim catches too much flak for his asinine posts Bear always comes to the rescue within minutes. How sweet.

I'm a 47 year old man who hates Internet bullies like you. I don't know JimOllie at all, but I do notice you take every opportunity to bully him constantly. I also notice your posts are mostly full of hatred, without any substance. Please do try to form an objective opinion for once, instead of your usual slander...

UChusky916

Reaction Score
I'm a 47 year old man who hates Internet bullies like you. I don't know JimOllie at all, but I do notice you take every opportunity to bully him constantly. I also notice your posts are mostly full of hatred, without any substance. Please do try to form an objective opinion for once, instead of your usual slander...

Hard to have discussions of substance in the offseason, outside of conjecture. When any poster spews garbage, derails threads, and then defends their blatant lies, they deserve to get called out. It just so happens that Jim Ollie does that more than most on this board. It doesn't mean we're personally attacking him. And you're always there to defend his horrific posts.

Anyways... back to Juwan...

Reaction Score
Hard to have discussions of substance in the offseason, outside of conjecture. When any poster spews garbage, derails threads, and then defends their blatant lies, they should get called out... and rightfully so. It just so happens that Jim Ollie does that more than most on this board. And you're always there to defend his horrific posts.

Anyways... back to Juwan...

You constantly attack him without any substance at all. Please do share an informative comment you made. He's excited for our team. All you do is spew negativity post after post. Did he dump you? Stand you up at the prom? Leave you at the alter? Blatant lies, really? I defend him a lot less than you attack him. I'm just tired of your obnoxious posts & the other cronies. Try to post something positive & informative... Just once! Grow up!

Reaction Score
You constantly attack him without any substance at all. Please do share an informative comment you made. He's excited for our team. All you do is spew negativity post after post. Did he dump you? Stand you up at the prom? Leave you at the alter? Blatant lies, really? I defend him a lot less than you attack him. I'm just tired of your obnoxious posts & the other cronies. Try to post something positive & informative... Just once! Grow up!

Don't worry too much about it. I have some of the thickest skin on earth. But yeah, uchusky916, 7774, and bigmccrackern pretty much take every opportunity possible to attack me. Let them be childish

Reaction Score
I've just assumed it's his mom for a while now. The guy is trashing Dham in this thread, yet Bear thinks he's super positive? Riiiiight.

Reaction Score
Don't worry too much about it. I have some of the thickest skin on earth. But yeah, uchusky916, 7774, and bigmccrackern pretty much take every opportunity possible to attack me. Let them be childish

You're good with me! I don't always agree with you (ie. Drummond, ;-), but I agree with your opinion on Gilbert & Durham. They have potential to be very special players for us, both are 5 Star players when healthy & at the top of their game. V. Jackson intrigues me as a floor spreader, maybe not defensively, but he definitely seems like a great team player for what I've seen. I'm not sure why people want to post negative posts for an opinion, especially when their opinions are just spews of hate & nothing to support it. I'm ok with what you post. Nevermind the crazy haters!!! Keep posting! Some of us like open dialog. :)

Reaction Score
I've just assumed it's his mom for a while now. The guy is trashing Dham in this thread, yet Bear thinks he's super positive? Riiiiight.

Where did I trash DHam??? I actually liked DHam & think he's being bashed here on the latest threads. Yeah, I too think he needed an extra year, but I'm not going to railroad him like others. Is your life so miserable to attack someone for forming an opinion? Can you post an objective opinion??? Or is this what you do best? Oops, I already know this is what you do best... My bad.

Reaction Score
Where did I trash DHam??? I actually liked DHam & think he's being bashed here on the latest threads. Yeah, I too think he needed an extra year, but I'm not going to railroad him like others. Is your life so miserable to attack someone for forming an opinion? Can you post an objective opinion??? Or is this what you do best? Oops, I already know this is what you do best... My bad.
JimOllie is trashing Dham.

Reaction Score
JimOllie is trashing Dham.

Is he trashing DHam more than you're trashing him??? He thinks DHam underachieved, big deal. There's a new thread on it, posted today. People are all over the place on it. Yet when JO says his opinion he gets so much hate, yet others, not so much. Some others are basically repeating what he's said in that thread & getting likes for it. Think about it...

UChusky916

Reaction Score

1) I dont attack Jim Ollie without substance. His posts are almost always derailing threads (point proven right now). And yes, he spews blatant lies on this board. Each time he's been 'attacked' posters are only calling him out for his garbage posts in the first place. And, in fact, he invites the criticism by being the first one to resort to name calling in the first place:
  • In the Justin Jackson thread, he said he 'hopes people feel stupid for doubting him' and called everyone 'haters' after Jackson committed to Maryland, which isn't even what he posted he heard from his 'source'.
  • Another instance is @7774 calling Jim Ollie out earlier in this thread for what he posted about Cassell. Jim Ollie dug himself deeper, continued to lie, and called 7774 a 'CLOWN'. @7774 simply quoted his post and proved him wrong after being called a clown.
Jim Ollie reaps what he sows.​

2) I make lots of informative posts, check my history (unfortunately, I can't say the same for you because I can't check your post history since you disabled that).

3) Get off your high horse by trying to defend someone on an internet forum... he's responsible for what he posts. You're not high and mighty by defending him. If people continually gang up on him for crap posts, chances are he's a crappy poster... it's not rocket science.

I like coming to this board for factual and informative discussions about UConn basketball. The simple fact of the matter is that Jim Ollie deteriorates the quality of this message board because of his off-track conjecture (always derailing threads), baseless/opinionated player attacks (on Hamilton/Drummond), and lies (which he's been repeatedly called out for).

You're defending a poster who basically trashes our guys who leave early and claim they 'underachieved' -- in Drummond and Hamilton -- and you're telling me he's 'excited for our team' ?!? I called him out on the Drummond/Hamilton threads because in actually those teams as a whole were disjointed and had nothing to personal performance by those guys. They stuffed stat sheets when here... productivity was far from lacking from those players. So yeah, I call him out for that unfair criticism of our players, and I provided substance in doing so, which is more than you can say for his baseless posts or your 'STOP, BE NICE' posts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jim Ollie's fine, as Bear said don't always agree with him and on occasion says something off the wall. Who doesn't? Anyone who thinks all of their posts are ways informative and of high value to the board are whacked anyway.

Place is a bit out of control as of late actually, a lot of fans/posters who think their don't stink. Attacks rather than disagreements. Get a grip!

Reaction Score
large_031507DERAIL1mjg.jpg

Reaction Score
1) I dont attack Jim Ollie without substance. His posts are almost always derailing threads (point proven right now). And yes, he spews blatant lies on this board. Each time he's been 'attacked' posters are only calling him out for his garbage posts in the first place. And, in fact, he invites the criticism by being the first one to resort to name calling in the first place:
  • In the Justin Jackson thread, he said he 'hopes people feel stupid for doubting him' and called everyone 'haters' after Jackson committed to Maryland, which isn't even what he posted he heard from his 'source'.
  • Another instance is @7774 calling Jim Ollie out earlier in this thread for what he posted about Cassell. Jim Ollie dug himself deeper, continued to lie, and called 7774 a 'CLOWN'. @7774 simply quoted his post and proved him wrong after being called a clown.

2) I make lots of informative posts, check my history (unfortunately, I can't say the same for you because I can't check your post history since you disabled that).

3) Get off your high horse by trying to defend someone on an internet form... he's responsible for what he posts. You're not high and mighty by defending him. If people continually gang up on him for crap posts, chances are he's a crappy poster... it's not rocket science.

I like coming to this board for factual and informative discussions about UConn basketball. The simple fact of the matter is that Jim Ollie deteriorates the quality of this message board because of his off-track conjecture (always derailing threads), baseless, opinionated player attacks (on Hamilton/Drummond), and lies (which he's been repeatedly called out for).

You're defending a poster who basically trashes our guys who leave early and claim they 'underachieved' -- in Drummond and Hamilton -- and you're telling me he's 'excited for our team' ?!? I called him out on the Drummond/Hamilton threads because in actually those teams as a whole were disjointed and had nothing to personal performance by those guys. They stuffed stat sheets when here... productivity was far from lacking from those players. So yeah, I call him out for that unfair criticism of our players, and I provided substance in doing so, which is more to say than his baseless posts.

First off, you're a stalker if you need to check people's prior posts so frequently. I suggest seeking professional help for that. Maybe you need to review all the name calling at him first so you can understand that (I get you like to review posts, but don't limit it to just him).

Second, Yes you routinely do attack JO. I've been reading your bashing too long now (review last week). Think about it... Do you expect to attack him routinely without any attack back by him? It sucks being attacked back, right??? Reread what you just posted above... Obviously people were attacking him based on his replies, including you. He said he talked to Enoch (or maybe it was someone else on te team) & was told playing time might be an issue with J.Jackson. Yet people bashed him that we aren't deep at the 4 when we have Facey, Durham, Diarra there & also others saying Larrier & V.Jackson can play the 4. That's 5 guys. Yet people bashed him that J.Jackson is the answer to all our problems. Where did J.Jackson end up? Maryland, the team with the most potential playing time. I think he had a point there.

PS - You're one of the people who derailed this thread. JO said he thought JD would be an special player for us (or something like that), but you & others attacked him for that. Was there a need for that here? Does that mean you don't think JD will be a special player at UConn? I need this for my record keeping, so I can dig it up 6 months from now, like you do.

Maybe you should spend time defending DHam now on the other thread, with all the other DHam bashers (but don't limit it to JO's posts)? I look forward to your "informative" posts there...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

3) Get off your high horse by trying to defend someone on an internet forum... he's responsible for what he posts. You're not high and mighty by defending him. If people continually gang up on him for crap posts, chances are he's a crappy poster... it's not rocket science.

I like coming to this board for factual and informative discussions about UConn basketball. The simple fact of the matter is that Jim Ollie deteriorates the quality of this message board because of his off-track conjecture (always derailing threads), baseless/opinionated player attacks (on Hamilton/Drummond), and lies (which he's been repeatedly called out for).

You're defending a poster who basically trashes our guys who leave early and claim they 'underachieved' -- in Drummond and Hamilton -- and you're telling me he's 'excited for our team' ?!? I called him out on the Drummond/Hamilton threads because in actually those teams as a whole were disjointed and had nothing to personal performance by those guys. They stuffed stat sheets when here... productivity was far from lacking from those players. So yeah, I call him out for that unfair criticism of our players, and I provided substance in doing so, which is more than you can say for his baseless posts or your 'STOP, BE NICE' posts.

STOP THIS CRAP
Please

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Do yourself a favor - place the named people on your ignored list
I did and made my life on this site much better

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

Wow, talk about "derailing" a thread. So much effort into something so futile.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
First off, you're a stalker if you need to check people's prior posts so frequently. I suggest seeking professional help for that. Maybe you need to review all the name calling at him first so you can understand that (I get you like to review posts, but don't limit it to just him).

Second, Yes you routinely do attack JO. I've been reading your bashing too long now (review last week). Think about it... Do you expect to attack him routinely without any attack back by him? It sucks being attacked back, right??? Reread what you just posted above... Obviously people were attacking him based on his replies, including you. He said he talked to Enoch (or maybe it was someone else on te team) & was told playing time might be an issue with J.Jackson. Yet people bashed him that we aren't deep at the 4 when we have Facey, Durham, Diarra there & also others saying Larrier & V.Jackson can play the 4. That's 5 guys. Yet people bashed him that J.Jackson is the answer to all our problems. Where did J.Jackson end up? Maryland, the team with the most potential playing time. I think he had a point there.

PS - You're one of the people who derailed this thread. JO said he thought JD would be an special player for us (or something like that), but you & others attacked him for that. Was there a need for that here? Does that mean you don't think JD will be a special player at UConn? I need this for my record keeping, so I can dig it up 6 months from now, like you do.

Maybe you should spend time defending DHam now on the other thread, with all the other DHam bashers (but don't limit it to JO's posts)? I look forward to your "informative" posts there...

I think it's weird when people don't make their post history public.

Frankly, most of the (infrequent) times I check on someone's history, it's because they're trolling or lying -- and I've found a high correlation between bad posters and private profiles. There are of course exceptions to this.

Just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69