Just when I think I'm out | The Boneyard

Just when I think I'm out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I get sucked back in. In FLA visiting my parents. My dad, who is 84 and hadn't missed a game at the Rent until the last two this year due to weather and general disgust, had agreed with me not to re-up this year. He had also agreed that we should go to a few games but scalp.

Lo and behold over a bunch of wings at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight he told me we should re-up. 84 years old, still rocks the buffalo wings, and wants to re-up. How could I say no?? So our crew goes down to two this year but we're baaaaaaack!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Similar story, was planning not to renew but it's a regular outing with Dad, who is an alum and enjoys the gameday experience. Combination of factors, no Dec games, seats relocated where I wanted them, and a dimwitted sense that the games this year will be enjoyable and our time in AAC hell will end relatively soon.

Reaction Score
Skiblets said:
I get sucked back in. In FLA visiting my parents. My dad, who is 84 and hadn't missed a game at the Rent until the last two this year due to weather and general disgust, had agreed with me not to re-up this year. He had also agreed that we should go to a few games but scalp. Lo and behold over a bunch of wings at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight he told me we should re-up. 84 years old, still rocks the buffalo wings, and wants to re-up. How could I say no?? So our crew goes down to two this year but we're baaaaaaack!
Like going out with a trollop. You know she's gonna put out, just gotta wait her out a bit. Sure as rain is wet, you're back. See you at the tailgate!

Reaction Score
Glad to see you renewed. It's all about getting away and good food, good drinks ,family and friends. The game is secondary in my book.

Reaction Score
Re-upped two days ago. Since I am looking forward to the Spring game I thought it would carry over to the season. Here's to warm Fall days watching the Huskies on the road to recovery!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I get sucked back in. In FLA visiting my parents. My dad, who is 84 and hadn't missed a game at the Rent until the last two this year due to weather and general disgust, had agreed with me not to re-up this year. He had also agreed that we should go to a few games but scalp.

Lo and behold over a bunch of wings at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight he told me we should re-up. 84 years old, still rocks the buffalo wings, and wants to re-up. How could I say no?? So our crew goes down to two this year but we're baaaaaaack!

Unless this is him, you're Dad is my 2nd favorite 84yo man in the world!

hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score

Me too! Misery loves company. I figure, at a minimum this is what my two tickets cost me over and above normal tailgating.

The price of 2 seat donations------------------------------------------ $800.00
The price of 2 chairbacks at the 50 yd line ---------------------------$480.00
The price of Extra Jack Daniels to drown tears after a "L"-----------$40.00
The price of my co-pay for Zanax after 4 losing seasons--------------$25.00
The price of Dinner at Ruth Chris for swearing at the wife---------$150.00
The price of MarriageCounseling due to above ---------------------$1,500.00
TOTAL----------------------------------------------------------------------$2,915.00

uconn going to a bowl game this year - priceless!

image.jpg
image.jpg

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Me too! Misery loves company. I figure, at a minimum this is what my two tickets cost me over and above normal tailgating.

The price of 2 seat donations------------------------------------------ $800.00
The price of 2 chairbacks at the 50 yd line ---------------------------$480.00
The price of Extra Jack Daniels to drown tears after a "L"-----------$40.00
The price of my co-pay for Zanax after 4 losing seasons--------------$25.00
The price of Dinner at Ruth Chris for swearing at the wife---------$150.00
The price of MarriageCounseling due to above ---------------------$1,500.00
TOTAL----------------------------------------------------------------------$2,915.00

uconn going to a bowl game this year - priceless!

View attachment 8622 View attachment 8623

Don't worry. I'll counsel your marriage for $995... #protecttherent

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't worry. I'll counsel your marriage for $995... #protecttherent

The first (and last) counseling session:

Uh, huh so Carl can't remember your anniversary but he can list the every UConn player in the NFL? What? He ignores you whenever UConn is mentioned on Sports Center? Oh, every conversation ends up being about UConn football? Well that might be a bit of an exaggeration. Uh, huh. After a loss he becomes surly and withdrawn? Yes, yes, I know that was pretty much every weekend last year.

Well Carl how do you feel about that? Yeah, I think we have to give a Diaco a chance as well. Am I still predicting an undefeated season this year? You know I am! Ha ha . Yeah well we've got to see what Verducci does. Gotta shore up OL first. Yeah, Cespedes is a big kid. Think he'll start? Damn right, punch 'em in the mouth! Ha Ha. What? I don't man, I don't think Davis is the answer next year. You have to red shirt the kid.. give him time to develop....

What Mrs. Carl? Yeah, yeah I know you are still here. Hey be a sweetheart and get us a couple of beers....

Reaction Score
The first (and last) counseling session:

Uh, huh so Carl can't remember your anniversary but he can list the every UConn player in the NFL? What? He ignores you whenever UConn is mentioned on Sports Center? Oh, every conversation ends up being about UConn football? Well that might be a bit of an exaggeration. Uh, huh. After a loss he becomes surly and withdrawn? Yes, yes, I know that was pretty much every weekend last year.

Well Carl how do you feel about that? Yeah, I think we have to give a Diaco a chance as well. Am I still predicting an undefeated season this year? You know I am! Ha ha . Yeah well we've got to see what Verducci does. Gotta shore up OL first. Yeah, Cespedes is a big kid. Think he'll start? Damn right, punch 'em in the mouth! Ha Ha. What? I don't man, I don't think Davis is the answer next year. You have to red shirt the kid.. give him time to develop....

What Mrs. Carl? Yeah, yeah I know you are still here. Hey be a sweetheart and get us a couple of beers....

LOL! UCONN winning will do wonders for my marriage and alcohol and drug habit. Please Bobby D, help save my marriage, mind and liver!

Reaction Score

Still on the fence, have such a godawful taste in my mouth from the past few years. I feel like a chump if we do renew, yet feel like a chump if we don't.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Still on the fence, have such a godawful taste in my mouth from the past few years. I feel like a chump if we do renew, yet feel like a chump if we don't.
But... you renew and you are a TAILGATING chump... 6 times you will hoist a few and have hope.

hope we win, hope we are not embarrassed, hope that UConn Dairy Bar is available and the lines aren't long. I'll be hoping that the grill holds up another year. And that we figure out a good way to hold down the tents in high winds.

I am wondering why they have extended the season ticket license location. Is it in the hope that there will be better marketing conditions next year based upon on product and game day experience this year? Are they afraid that if they 'restack' (my term) will the lower demand cause issues when the higher point holders come back and have to sit higher? That is, if the team starts to win...

Reaction Score
I am wondering why they have extended the season ticket license location.

It's because no one wants another helping of a sandwich, never mind three helpings.

I see my season ticket partner today at the SMU game, so we'll talk turkey about renewal. If we do, I'll be the chump enjoying the tailgating (as you mention) and the coeds in the warm early Fall weather.

Reaction Score
Don't give up John, we are on the cusp! :) Whatever that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom