Just Change The Names and This Says It All | The Boneyard

Just Change The Names and This Says It All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ga Tech Fires Defensive Coordinator in Midseason (UConn Fires Offensive Coordinator in Midseason)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not sold that we don't have good players," Johnson (Pasqueloni) said. "I'm very confident in our players' ability. We'll see."

Johnson (Pasqueloni) praised Groh's (DeLeone's) defensive (offensive) knowledge, but said he was never able to pass it on to his players.

"Al (George) is a very smart man. He understands what's inside his head," Johnson (Pasqueloni) said. "The problem is we weren't seeing it on the field. For whatever reason, it wasn't transcending."

That left the head coach with only one option -- make a change.

"It's really disappointing and frustrating," Johnson (Pasqueloni) said. "You never want to do it. But, to me, that's part of being a leader. Sometimes you have to do hard things. I still have a great deal of respect for Al (George). In my mind, he's had a very good career. Maybe he will still coach. I don't know what the future holds. It just wasn't working here."

Reaction Score
Deleone is a package deal with Pasqualoni. I actually don't mind Pasqualoni but the only way to get rid of Deloeone is to dump him too. He shouldve never been allowed to hire GD for the very same reason it was why he was let go from Syracuse. If he were to of hired someone different and the performance was similar we'd at least feel that the situation would be looked at in the offseason in a fair and reasonable way. With this current situation we know basically for a fact that Paul isnt going to fire his good friend. He's going to go down with the ship but the problem is he's taking us with him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
DeLeone is football's George Blaney.

Definitely has a vast background and a ton of knowledge of the sport.

But, shouldn't have any decision making authority during a game.

Reaction Score
The key difference in the Ga Tech-UConn dynamics is Johnson's first loyalty is to his players. PP's first loyalty is to his friend.

Reaction Score
DeLeone is football's George Blaney.

Definitely has a vast background and a ton of knowledge of the sport.

But, shouldn't have any decision making authority during a game.

hmmm... pause for thought.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The key difference in the Ga Tech-UConn dynamics is Johnson's first loyalty is to his players. PP's first loyalty is to his friend.

Very True.

Unfortunately a large part of this difference (unfortunate as it is a built in excuse) is the all of the players at Ga Tech were Johnson recruits while Pasqualoni has very few of his recruits playing major roles yet at UConn.

I remember the talk (at the presser that offically welcomed PP aboard) about how the offensive production wasn't acceptable and the first thing they were going to do was fix it. It appears that the first thing they tried to fix was the one thing that didn't need any repair (the offensive line) and this just made everything else worse.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

And your first loyalty is to the voices in your head. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom