Just back from the game.... | The Boneyard

Just back from the game....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
.....I have been to every Big East championship game that UConn has won. Have probably seen 100 games there in total, all the way back to 1986. Make no mistake.....that was a home game for UConn. The crowd was awesome. Had the team's back the whole way, and there is NO question in my mind, the crowd played a big hand in winning this game.

Most satisfying win i've seen in a long, long time....for SO many reasons.

Oh, best part......I'm good friends with Cliff Robinson from school. Went to see him at halftime....within 3 rows I saw Cliff, Ben, Emeka, Taliek, Rip, even Nantambu!! An NBA all-star lineup filling two rows of MSG.

Great day to be a Husky.....can't wait for next weekend.

Reaction Score
On the break-out baskets by Giffey and Nolan, you could see the over the top reaction of the crowd! Phenomenal!

Reaction Score
4UConn said:
On the break-out baskets by Giffey and Nolan, you could see the over the top reaction of the crowd! Phenomenal!

Just back from MSG as well. Have to believe that the crowd gave the Huskies extra momentum. It was the most pro-UConn crowd I've ever seen down there.

Huskies cutting down the nets to the tune of "New York, New York" was really sweet.

Reaction Score
Crowd had to help. We played so hard that I think we were a bit gassed trying to hang on. Boat didn't take a moment's rest on either end, Bazz looked tired, DD spent a lot of energy battling for boards, etc. Crowd helped give us the shot of adrenaline at the beginning, and then helped carry us over the finish line.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Loved watching Drummond hanging with the team in the aftermath. Remember, he was their teammate just a couple seasons ago!

Reaction Score
Was great to see the alumni family and to disappoint Magic. I can hear Magic saying 'if only we had Bazz'

Reaction Score
Awesome experience at the Garden. And I don't think I've ever been on a Metro North train with that many happy people before - going to the game and after as well!

Reaction Score
We even got a UConn - Huskies chant going in the main hall of Grand Central station. It was as if a UConn flash mob had suddenly descended upon the iconic terminal, and the earsplitting UConn call to arms seemed to reverberate for minutes. Random bystanders looked up and seemed confused at first, but eventually smiled and went along with it as the chant progressed.

I guess it's true what they say; the UConn Huskies are indisputably New York City's college team of choice.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
.....I have been to every Big East championship game that UConn has won. Have probably seen 100 games there in total, all the way back to 1986. Make no mistake.....that was a home game for UConn. The crowd was awesome. Had the team's back the whole way, and there is NO question in my mind, the crowd played a big hand in winning this game.

Most satisfying win i've seen in a long, long time....for SO many reasons.

Oh, best part.I'm good friends with Cliff Robinson from school. Went to see him at halftime....within 3 rows I saw Cliff, Ben, Emeka, Taliek, Rip, even Nantambu!! An NBA all-star lineup filling two rows of MSG.

Great day to be a Husky.....can't wait for next weekend.
Was Drummond sitting with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32