Just a thought... | The Boneyard

Just a thought...

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

Of our 7 losses, 6 were single digit losses. And that 1 double digit loss, we were leading at halftime and ended up getting blown out because shabazz had a shoulder contusion.

Not saying we could be could be 26-0 or 25-1, but we could certainly be 23-3 or 22-4. That Marquette game still really pissed me off, as does the Villanova game.

If everyone stays, we can be so lethal next year. I know it's a very hopeful thought through my navy blue husky goggles, but how cool would it be if these guys stuck around to bring us back to the promised land? The potential is certainly there, and with Shabazz being a senior leader, I see this as potential to be one of the greatest UConn teams to play.

Shabazz has made his way to my top 3 players of all time, but if he stays , I bet he'd make the climb to #1.

I don't want this season to end. I want this year to be Part-1, and next year to be "Part 2- The Team That Did The Impossible"

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Of our 7 losses, 6 were single digit losses. And that 1 double digit loss, we were leading at halftime and ended up getting blown out because shabazz had a shoulder contusion.

Not saying we could be could be 26-0 or 25-1, but we could certainly be 23-3 or 22-4. That Marquette game still really pissed me off, as does the Villanova game.

If everyone stays, we can be so lethal next year. I know it's a very hopeful thought through my navy blue husky goggles, but how cool would it be if these guys stuck around to bring us back to the promised land? The potential is certainly there, and with Shabazz being a senior leader, I see this as potential to be one of the greatest UConn teams to play.

Shabazz has made his way to my top 3 players of all time, but if he stays , I bet he'd make the climb to #1.

I don't want this season to end. I want this year to be Part-1, and next year to be "Part 2- The Team That Did The Impossible"

While I agree mostly, let's not play the what if game without acknowledging that we are 4-1 in overtime games. Which means that we are a few bounces of the ball away from the perspective of a much different season. My take away from that is I will always, always Love Shabazz Napier. And for that matter, hate Junior Cadougan.

Reaction Score
I like the Part 1 and Part 2 idea!

I'm sure if you do a game by game analysis you can make a case for a lot of teams to only have 2 or 3 losses. A bad bounce here, a shot not falling there. But I agree, our losses have been very competitive and we usually have a chance to win it. I would have never thought at the beginning of the year, but this team has been one of my favorites to watch because of their grit and hunger.

Shabazz's decision to stay or go can alter UConn's history for a long time. If he stays, I think we start the year top 10, and a team with leadership and experience can go very far in March. After this year I really believe we'll start off sprinting to begin 2013-2014. However if Shabazz leaves, we may see some hiccups at the start as the team starts to figure out their roles.

One thing is for sure, I have never been more excited for a year than I will be next fall!

Reaction Score
Next season could be great IF Shabazz returns and one of the freshman big men is a solid contributor. Gotta cure the rebounding deficit to be a legit contender.

Reaction Score
Yes, it all pretty much hangs on Bazz. If he returns and the Brimah can play center at least 20mpg then UConn is in a good shape to take it all next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom