Just a Reminder about post press conference impressions and posts | The Boneyard

Just a Reminder about post press conference impressions and posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Randy said all the right things today and people are enthusiastic. And I think he is a good choice. But I dug these out from 12/2013 (feel free to recycle) -

The guy is a salesman after all, I for one am happy he has Uconn across his chest, I'll buy whatever his shoveling out.

He is in the right place at the right time.

zach_barnett5:08pm via Tweet Button
Bob Diaco speaks Latin, references Garth Brooks and wins his first press conference at UConn

I love this guy. I am so pumped up to have him as our coach.

In his presser, Diaco was visibly excited and genuinely wants to be here. Even if he may see us as a stepping stone today, that doesn't mean he'll feel the same way 3 years from now. If 3 years from now he bolts for a higher profile P5 HC position, then clearly the team has been winning, is in good shape, and I'd have complete confidence in Warde picking the right guy once again.

This guy is so perfect that if he wasn't ours it would annoy the out of me. Haha

Dude talks about vampires and dumps in Latin quotes all @ the same time. I would pay a good sum to have dinner with him, Ollie, Geno, Cav and Penders!

I get the sense that he'll give us his all for so long as he's here. If we can keep him here for long enough, I think he build some thing special.

Good. He's not going in blindly. He knows he has to rebuild trust with the fan base.

He sounds like the polar opposite of what we've become accustomed to over the last 2 1/2 years. Both philosophically and energy level. Thats got to be worth something. Reminded me of Tom Cruise with his hyper-positive spin and while I think he can get a little ahead of people, I believe he can inspire players and enough fans to buy in. He has credibility enough to expect that. This should be a lot of fun.

Just listened to his introductory news conference. And all I can say is WOW. What enthusiasm, a great communicator and likable. 180 degrees different from what the last two coaches were with the media.

I was on the fence about season tickets again next year. Not any more. Can I buy them now?

I have not played organized ball in over 30 years (crap I am old) but I am ready to go out and play right now...

Reaction Score
I don't give two sheets about winning press conferences but Edsall did a really nice job and did exactly what he had to do. I was a big Applogista, wasn't my first choice here and if he flops I'll rip like I ripped P and Diaco.

This is going to take some time. He won't be able to turn this team around quickly. We will need to have patience here. The roster is a mess. But I trust that he knows how to do this and is a proven competent coach.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
We need more fans than ever right now. Need butts in seats on 8/31 and beyond. Whatever it takes, I'm for it.
I am not a ra ra guy....but I feel a heck of a lot better this moment than I did at 8am on Monday.

Reaction Score
BD is a sweet tallking snake oil salesman. If only he knows how to be a football HC he could have had a great career. Truth is he was incompetent and was 11-26 in 3 seasons.
RE is a proven, real football HC. He came through today a sincere, knowlegeable and passionate about UConn. I just hope that RE will come through for UConn.

Reaction Score
Edsall won the press conference because he showed genuine desire and emotion for being HERE, specifically at UConn, and it was undeniably genuine. Diaco sounded great and said a lot of things that riled people up, but did so more in a used car salesman type of way. Diaco seemed genuine that he was excited to be a head coach, but if he were hired at USF, Temple, Houston, or Cincinnati, I think we'd have seen the same press conference from him. I don't think many walked away and thought, "Wow, I really believe in my heart of hearts that it means a lot to Bob that he's here at UConn and he won't sleep until this program is succeeding because of that commitment." I truly do believe Randy's heart and soul will be in to trying to right this ship that he spent so much of his life building and shaping. How much he can right it, how quickly he can do it, and how far he can take it is certainly up for debate. But you absolutely cannot debate that this job is extraordinarily meaningful to him on a personal level. If Randy were hired today at USF, Temple. Houston, or Cincinnati, we would not have seen the same press conference we did today.

Reaction Score
We need more fans than ever right now. Need butts in seats on 8/31 and beyond. Whatever it takes, I'm for it.
I am not a ra ra guy....but I feel a heck of a lot better this moment than I did at 8am on Monday.

With Edsall back, I'm gonna assume the days of FCS openers being an inexplicable struggle-fest are over.

Reaction Score
With Edsall back, I'm gonna assume the days of FCS openers being an inexplicable struggle-fest are over.
When we get back on track we will basically dominate when we are expected to dominate, and that's a beautiful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom