junior high refs? | The Boneyard

junior high refs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
uconnfan68 said:
No love for Dee?
I don't think he was saying that the refs were Junior High refs, but rather that the game was being called like a JH game would be.

Reaction Score
I don't think he was saying that the refs were Junior High refs, but rather that the game was being called like a JH game would be.
Well, yeah, he couldn't say exactly what he was thinking... I think I got the drift though.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yeah, if you were ever were at a junior high game and heard a whistle on every other play, you'd know where he was coming from on that remark. Not necessarily saying the reffing was bad, it was just a lot of touch whistles.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
but not today. she did an excellent job
Not from what I saw from Row F. Kiah got whacked in the face - twice - as she tried to put a rebound up for a basket and all the refs called was a turnover on her. Lots of maulings today that didn't get called.

Have to add that when UConn finally figured out that certain things wouldn't get called, they participated in the maulings with great relish.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Not from what I saw from Row F. Kiah got whacked in the face - twice - as she tried to put a rebound up for a basket and all the refs called was a turnover on her. Lots of maulings today that didn't get called.

Have to add that when UConn finally figured out that certain things wouldn't get called, they participated in the maulings with great relish.
I did notice that they were relishing the action today.....
Relish-Today-Ketchup-Tomorrow.jpg

before using tomorrow to catch up on some rest for the Bear biting on Monday.

Reaction Score
Yeah, if you were ever were at a junior high game and heard a whistle on every other play, you'd know where he was coming from on that remark. Not necessarily saying the reffing was bad, it was just a lot of touch whistles.

Well my daughter is playing HS ball this year, but last season she was playing JH and as the scoreboard operator for the last several seasons, I happened to be at literally scores of games. So I think I have quite a bit of experience "knowing" just how often the whistle is blown at that level of play....and fully understood the remark that was made.;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer