JUCO OL TO VISIT UCONN | The Boneyard

JUCO OL TO VISIT UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wonderful. We offering JUCOs without even first meeting or seeing them.

Reaction Score

Not sure I'm following you, it didn't say we offered sight unseen/unmet. Did I miss something? It simply said there was no prior connection which I took as meaning that their was no coach or camp relationship that made the connection.

pj

Reaction Score
We've been searching everywhere for offensive linemen the last few months, it's the single biggest need in this recruiting class. The line was under-recruited for several years and there just aren't many linemen on the roster; plus there is a ton of playing time available for guys who can step in right away. These are good players so it's not like we're reaching on the offers. Let's see if we can reel them in.

Reaction Score

Who cares... he's 6-8 330!

"Besides UConn, Finnin also has offers from Kansas, Iowa State, Toledo, Marshall, Akron, Florida International, Western Kentucky, Eastern Illinois and South Alabama. Increased interest is also coming his way from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State and Nebraska."

Reaction Score
Not sure I'm following you, it didn't say we offered sight unseen/unmet. Did I miss something? It simply said there was no prior connection which I took as meaning that their was no coach or camp relationship that made the connection.

You're right Jerry. I did make a big leap. I'm just so friggin pissed at this staff and I think bringing in JUCO OLmen is a very bad sign.

pj

Reaction Score
Alabama and USC bring in JUCO offensive linemen. Some players are late bloomers or had academic difficulties or family troubles. It happens and doesn't mean they're not good players.

Reaction Score
Alabama and USC bring in JUCO offensive linemen. Some players are late bloomers or had academic difficulties or family troubles. It happens and doesn't mean they're not good players.

That's true pj and I agree, I think it needs to be done to fill needs, which obviously we have the need, and not done like K State did it a while back where the JUCO was more the rule and they ended up paying the price in the long run. But grabbing a couple a year is now big deal to me to fill holes in your lineup or depth chart. Tell me they are looking at some DE's too please!

pj

Reaction Score
I know they're looking at DE's but other than Aaron Hush not sure about JUCO DEs. Kalief Joyner is a prep DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom