joyner to Texas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

joyner to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Thanks for the love...we love y'all too!

If it makes you feel better, i was rooting for you guys to get Holmes (I feel like Tenn landing Holmes would have been better for SC's chances of landing McCoy).. plus i think Holmes is the best player in this class..

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
If Texas can coach those kids, they will be a HUGE problem.

Texas has a huge roster of 16 with 1 redshirt and 4 seniors.

"HUGE"
seems to be a popular adjective lately, as shown on the quoted posts and elsewhere on the board. It's an amazing word. In our currently often overheated political climate, it is the single word that such vastly different philosophers as Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are in lock-step 100% agreement. Both the Donald and the Bern pronounce it "YOOGE" - sort of like Professor 'Enry 'Iggins did.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Texas has a huge roster of 16 with 1 redshirt and 4 seniors. Anyone care to discuss how their large roster plays into recruiting...http://www.texassports.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

Hi from Austin. I ask myself the same question, but only the coaching staff knows. I can tell you that the roster includes one walk-on. So, Texas has 4 scholarships available for 2016, 3 of which are committed. I expect Hattis will return, but that could be one more scholarship to give. I think Ionescu might be a player that Texas has to take if she wants to come. But, I really would have to wonder then how Aston can utilize so many talented guards.

Reaction Score
Out of the 3 commits so far i would only consider Dangerfield as an elite kid. If Geno misses out on Cox it will not be good for the program.

Bent is a 5'6" shooting guard and i just don't see how that helps on the big stage that is expected of UConn. Irwin is just a big body
They don't need a monster class. Getting Dangerfield is already great considering they have KLS, Collier in the 2015 class and Nurse in the 2014 class. Nurse, KLS, Collier (and I'm guessing Tuck will stay) will be formidable after Stewert/Mo graduates in 2016-2017. In 2017-2018, they will have a senior Nurse, junior Samuelson and Collier, and a sophomore Dangerfield. That is EASILY a Top 5 team (probably Top 3 with South Carolina and ND), and thats not including players like Butler, Williams, Boykin and whoever they will get in 2017 (Walker?) that could contribute.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If it makes you feel better, i was rooting for you guys to get Holmes (I feel like Tenn landing Holmes would have been better for SC's chances of landing McCoy).. plus i think Holmes is the best player in this class..

I agree that Holmes is the best player in the class. I've been saying this for about a year now. She is going to be a difference maker at Texas.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
https://twitter.com/jada_underwood
Texas has a huge roster of 16 with 1 redshirt and 4 seniors. Anyone care to discuss how their large roster plays into recruiting...http://www.texassports.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball
Texas is at 15 scholarship players right now. Each of Coach Aston's recruiting classes is getting more talented than the prior one(s). So, if the newcomers are winning position battles and court time, that usually leads to returning players deciding they may want to move to a school where they can see more playing time; unfortunately, injuries and attrition are part of collegiate sports.

I have no doubts that the coaching staff knows exactly how to balance the roster and scholarships. I could see about 2 current players on the roster perhaps moving on after this season due to lack of playing time, and where they stand on the depth chart at their position.

Sara Hattis switched from volleyball to basketball scholarship this past summer; so, although a junior in hoops, she is a senior academically, and may have already decided that if she graduates next Spring that moving on to the next part of her life is best for her.

Most are assuming that Audrey-Anne Goudreau will be part of Texas' 2016 class after one season at a Florida CC/JUCO; we'll see for sure.

Appears Texas is still recruiting 2016 kids Ionescu, Chou, and Ciera Johnson. Signing a true Center like Johnson seems like the biggest need with Imani leaving after this season. But, so far, only Ionescu has publicized an upcoming official visit to Texas. I think Chou is headed to either UCLA or Berkeley; so, not really counting her coming to Texas.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Texas is at 15 scholarship players right now. Each of Coach Aston's recruiting classes is getting more talented than the prior one(s). So, if the newcomers are winning position battles and court time, that usually leads to returning players deciding they may want to move to a school where they can see more playing time; unfortunately, injuries and attrition are part of collegiate sports.

I have no doubts that the coaching staff knows exactly how to balance the roster and scholarships. I could see about 2 current players on the roster perhaps moving on after this season due to lack of playing time, and where they stand on the depth chart at their position.

Sara Hattis switched from volleyball to basketball scholarship this past summer; so, although a junior in hoops, she is a senior academically, and may have already decided that if she graduates next Spring that moving on to the next part of her life is best for her.

Most are assuming that Audrey-Anne Goudreau will be part of Texas' 2016 class after one season at a Florida CC/JUCO; we'll see for sure.

Appears Texas is still recruiting 2016 kids Ionescu, Chou, and Ciera Johnson. Signing a true Center like Johnson seems like the biggest need with Imani leaving after this season. But, so far, only Ionescu has publicized an upcoming official visit to Texas. I think Chou is headed to either UCLA or Berkeley; so, not really counting her coming to Texas.

Glad to see UT get Holmes. We need all of the top talent we can get in the Big 12, whether it's at Baylor or UT...just not OU.

Reaction Score
"HUGE" seems to be a popular adjective lately, as shown on the quoted posts and elsewhere on the board. It's an amazing word. In our currently often overheated political climate, it is the single word that such vastly different philosophers as Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are in lock-step 100% agreement. Both the Donald and the Bern pronounce it "YOOGE" - sort of like Professor 'Enry 'Iggins did.:rolleyes:

You want to talk "huge" then try this HUGE

Reaction Score
Glad to see UT get Holmes. We need all of the top talent we can get in the Big 12, whether it's at Baylor or UT...just not OU.
Cause Baylor sure as heck isnt playing the "top talent" outside the Big 12.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Out of the 3 commits so far i would only consider Dangerfield as an elite kid. If Geno misses out on Cox it will not be good for the program.

Bent is a 5'6" shooting guard and i just don't see how that helps on the big stage that is expected of UConn. Irwin is just a big body
You must not follow recruiting much. Or you would know after great classes, UCONN usually has a "down" year in recruiting. After TASSK, only Johnson was brought on board. After DT's 5 member class, only A Valley was brought on board. After EDD/Hayes/Doty class, only Faris was brought on board. After Stewart's class, only Chong was brought on board.

So, after this very good Samuelson/Collier/Boykin class, to bring on Dangerfield/Irwin/Bent, is actually quite a bit ahead of other "After" recruiting years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom