Joyner Holmes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Joyner Holmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Super athletic is right. This past April, she long jumped 18'9 and triple-jumped over 4o'7 . . .

1. CCMSnB1VIAAMxqd.jpg
Wait.... is it my computer screen or is she wearing orange? It that not the Texas Longhorn symbol? Texas?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Wait.... is it my computer screen or is she wearing orange? It that not the Texas Longhorn symbol? Texas?

I believe that's red but that is a Longhorn logo, as in Cedar Hill Longhorns, her high school team.

Reaction Score
this isnt her last visit tho... so no worries ;)
This is true, but keep in mind many players will schedule a set number of visits but then cancel them after they find a school they love.

Reaction Score
Cox is a much much better player than Sara Hammond IMHO!

How do you know? Cox hasn't played her senior year in high school yet. Hammond was a great compliment for that Louisville team. A true 'banger'. For all of you who watch the player rankings in high school, Hammond was ranked 12th and a UCONN target. Hmmmm...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How do you know? Cox hasn't played her senior year in high school yet. Hammond was a great compliment for that Louisville team. A true 'banger'. For all of you who watch the player rankings in high school, Hammond was ranked 12th and a UCONN target. Hmmmm...
Clue #1 : IMHO indicates that the poster is expressing an opinion which should not prompt a question like "How do you know?"
Clue #2 If Hammond was ranked #12 and Cox is ranked #1 might be an indication that Cox is a better player.
Clue #3 I am just saving you from a well deserved Duke spanking.

Reaction Score
Clue #1 : IMHO indicates that the poster is expressing an opinion which should not prompt a question like "How do you know?"
Clue #2 If Hammond was ranked #12 and Cox is ranked #1 might be an indication that Cox is a better player.

Ahhhh...
Clue #1: I was just asking how you know without her even playing her senior year in HIGH SCHOOL.
Clue #2: Using that convoluted logic, Krystal Forthan (#5) in high school must be a world beater compared to Kiah Stokes (#42)! Or, Temi Fagbenle (#13) would dominate Ally Malott (#40). In case you don't remember, Malott had most UCONN fans suffering thru halftime at the Dayton game.
Clue #3: A Duke spanking sounds like something you might enjoy. Ignorance is bliss.

Last edited by a moderator:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would just add that Cox has been a mainstay on USA national teams for her age bracket. And she's played quite well when on those teams. That's a pretty fair indication of how good she is in comparison to the others in her class. I don't know if Hammond ever made any USA national teams, but even if she did, she was not a star on them, and she's not currently on a WNBA team. Not that WNBA thing means much since Cox is many years removed from going to the WNBA. Buy my point is I agree with you and wanted to add one other snippet...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Although some speculated that Joyner Holmes would visit ND for the Texas game it seemed more likely she'd choose the USC game. One of Holmes' Cedar Hill HS classmates (and friends) is a freshman on USC's football team. She visited USC with him and another Cedar Hill classmate last September.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks for the insight, Cat. I had wondered what the rationale was for her late visit, as she had commented earlier that she wanted to make her decision in September. It seems her plans have changed. As far as I can tell, Notre Dame is only interested in 3 more potential recruits from the class of 2016, and they're all bigs from Texas. Ciera Johnson (Texas, Tenn, A&M, ND, Louisville, tOSU, and Duke) wants to decide early in September, Joyner Holmes (Texas, Tenn, ND) has indicated a late September decision was in the works, and Lauren Cox (Louisville, Baylor, Tenn, ND and UConn) will most likely wait until near signing day. Of course Notre Dame has already received verbal commitments from Erin Boley and Jackie Young. Perhaps a class of three is in the works for the Irish.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
From everything I've heard from people in Texas, Holmes is going to Texas.

Also, I know this is a UConn board, but I've been hearing Baylor or ND for Cox for a long time.

Doesn't meant that either can't, or won't change, just saying what I've been hearing.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

Also, I know this is a UConn board, but I've been hearing Baylor or ND for Cox for a long time.

Doesn't meant that either can't, or won't change, just saying what I've been hearing.
all news is welcomed here... unlike other boards

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Joyner is telling her twitter followers to watch snapchat this weekend. Texas commitment seems imminent.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Joyner is telling her twitter followers to watch snapchat this weekend. Texas commitment seems imminent.
That would be awesome for them! Hope it happens!

Not surprised, but at least if she's coming for the super show, it gives us a puncher's chance (to change her mind). If the chance for glory and the 10 NC's, best coach and program in the game, great fans, and best facilities don't sway her, then bully for Baylor or ND...

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Saw a tweet today that states Joyner will be attending the John Lucas 40/40 Elite Camp on September 5-6. Perhaps that has something to do with her snapchat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom