Josh Carlton C | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton C

Reaction Score
Coming from?

I'm not calling this a commit, we're in his top 5

Uconn / Mich St / Ar St / USC & Xavier

Some analysts have suggested we are the team to beat, just what I've been able to find out, take it for what it's worth

C

Chief00

"While he doesn’t have much of a face-up jumper at this time, it was his unbelievable hands, touch, and rebounding prowess...."

Sounds good to me, great hands are so important for a big man and of course rebounding - like to hear this. Also in the article it said his visit to UConn was planned for the 27th of September, does the fact it's been moved way up tell us anything maybe?
Maybe it's old school but I totally agree good hands are so important to Big Men. I think poor hands has held Brimah back.

Reaction Score
Considering the offers he's picked up recently, starting with UConn, I think this kid's definitely going to rise. How high though is the question

Reaction Score
I know we were already of interest to DJ Harvey before the Carlton visit, but it seemed we were slipping vs NDame, (at least as reported). Now Harvey has set up a Sept visit. I wonder if dialogue with Carlton was a factor and a good sign, (given that they are teammates at Dematha). That would be an interesting dynamic if it played out we got both. Boneyard projections hadn't seen a MAL, Harvey, Carlton, class. Most had MAL. Polley, then shots at 5*s Diallo, Bamba, Harvey has fallen from the teens last yr to 40ish now, but is an excellent player. Carlton is still a mystery player to me, but I doubt that will factor in Ollie's or Carlton's decision.

Reaction Score
Found this looking for highlight videos -- interviews after DeMatha won the Maryland Private School Championship in March. Carlton speaks briefly at 1:37min mark and then his coach sings his praises at 3:10min

Reaction Score
Also a few impact plays from that game, he's #25 and finished with 16 points. Seems to go straight up to the hoop without dribbling, which I like. Also had a couple nice blocks.

D.J. Harvey is #5 in this game too

Reaction Score
I'm not calling this a commit, we're in his top 5

Uconn / Mich St / Ar St / USC & Xavier

Some analysts have suggested we are the team to beat, just what I've been able to find out, take it for what it's worth

Do have any evidence to support this or are you just saying that?

Reaction Score
Update

Snow just posted an article on Carlton's visit. He's going to make trips to GT, Clemson and Xavier. He said he and his parents liked Uconn. "it just felt like home"

Reaction Score
We have our big man. Time to put 110% in Hamidou. Get Hamidou and possibly Polley, call it a day.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Niiiice.

Not a "sexy" pick-up at all, but give me a big with good hands who rebounds and protects the rim, and I'm happy. I don't care if he's never an all-american as long as he eats the glass and owns the paint.

Welcome aboard, Josh!

Reaction Score
Glad to have Carlton aboard, but does this essentially mean we're completely out of the Bamba/Richards race? Hoping Carlton is the next great UConn big but getting a little tired of only recruiting projects at the center positions

Reaction Score
Also, this must mean we are not in great shape for Richards or Bamba. I think if Carlton thought one of them would come here, he wouldn't have committed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom