Josh Carlton C | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton C

Reaction Score
We offered Josh Carlton today. A 6-9 center from DeMatha. I did a quick search and see his weight listed at 200 and 235. I'm guessing he is somewhere in the middle! Not much high major interest. Other offers are like K State, Penn State, ODU, St Joes.

Reaction Score
Tis the season for risers & fallers within the AAU season upon us. Ollie & staff are out in full force. I can see lots of offers over the next couple of months. Those playing well can certainly garner an offer from UConn. I'm not worried about our staff evaluating talented players. We just need to rope in a few of the talented ones! ;)

Reaction Score

“As of right now, I think I am going to visit ECU on September 9, Clemson on September 18, and UConn on September 27,”

Is this the new Jeremy Lamb face? Nice picture dude

Reaction Score
"While he doesn’t have much of a face-up jumper at this time, it was his unbelievable hands, touch, and rebounding prowess...."

Sounds good to me, great hands are so important for a big man and of course rebounding - like to hear this. Also in the article it said his visit to UConn was planned for the 27th of September, does the fact it's been moved way up tell us anything maybe?

Reaction Score
Maybe they know they aren't in good shape with either. It's a game right?

Reaction Score
This is option E, and that is no hyperbole. Killings was in good position with him at Temple, trying to transfer that momentum to us.

Stealing recruits from ECU. Woof. Unfortunately this is the writing on the wall with Richards and Bamba, Uyaelunmo etc.

Reaction Score
This is option E, and that is no hyperbole. Killings was in good position with him at Temple, trying to transfer that momentum to us.

Stealing recruits from ECU. Woof. Unfortunately this is the writing on the wall with Richards and Bamba, Uyaelunmo etc.

I am sure Killings understands the transition to UConn, and KO needs to approve so the kid has some potential and I'm good with that. He is listed as PF so not necessarily the final big guy either if indeed anything came from the visit.

Reaction Score
Yes and I still think we do. That's just the pessimist in me talking.

Duke is stacked at the 4/5 right now: Giles, Jeter, DeLaurier, Bolden, Obi and Jefferson. Jefferson will be gone. Giles is all but a lock to be a one and done. But there are still 4 pretty studly bigs on duke's roster. Bamba is probably better than all of them, but that could be a deterrent to him.

Just trying to be optimistic as I think Richards looks like more of a stretch at this point.

Reaction Score
Yes and I still think we do. That's just the pessimist in me talking.

You said a couple weeks ago that you think we get one of Bamba or Richards. And you said the other day that UK has led on Richard's for months. You really are that confident on Bamba?

Reaction Score
"While he doesn’t have much of a face-up jumper at this time, it was his unbelievable hands, touch, and rebounding prowess...."

Sounds good to me, great hands are so important for a big man and of course rebounding - like to hear this. Also in the article it said his visit to UConn was planned for the 27th of September, does the fact it's been moved way up tell us anything maybe?

My thought was it was always supposed to be this weekend August 27th and the report was a typo. September 27th is a Tuesday during the school year. So to answer question, no I don't think it implies or tells us anything.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I don't think we get either of Bamba or Richards and think we should have a backup like Obiagu, this kid seems a tier too low. 6'9" and heavy doesn't seem like it fills a need like height and shot blocking.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
You can still get Carlton and another C, you need depth. I have no idea how good he is but are ya'll expecting 5 stars at the end of the bench?
Amen. Landen Lucas -- who kicked our @$$ in March -- was the 250th (or so) ranked player in his senior class. Amida, who's been one of the best defensive centers in the country for three years, was somewhere around there. Phil Nolan, who started in a national championship game that his team won, was around 130.

Carlton is generally rated higher than all of them. Good size, good hands, rebounds, blocks a few shots. I don't care if he comes in and sits for his entire freshman year -- he has the potential to provide adequate depth and cover of the type that allows Ollie to swing-and-miss on a bunch of 5-star targets without said misses proving to be fatal to the program.

Bear in mind that Enoch will be a junior and Durham a sophomore when this kid arrives, so it's not like he'll be filling a short-term need. He's a long-term play that gives the staff a ton of recruiting flexibility (good enough potential to develop, but not so good that he'd scare away any big recruits) down the road.

This is Ollie thinking as a GM/program manager and not just a coach.

Reaction Score
Amen. Landen Lucas -- who kicked our @$$ in March -- was the 250th (or so) ranked player in his senior class. Amida, who's been one of the best defensive centers in the country for three years, was somewhere around there. Phil Nolan, who started in a national championship game that his team won, was around 130.

Carlton is generally rated higher than all of them. Good size, good hands, rebounds, blocks a few shots. I don't care if he comes in and sits for his entire freshman year -- he has the potential to provide adequate depth and cover of the type that allows Ollie to swing-and-miss on a bunch of 5-star targets without said misses proving to be fatal to the program.

Bear in mind that Enoch will be a junior and Durham a sophomore when this kid arrives, so it's not like he'll be filling a short-term need. He's a long-term play that gives the staff a ton of recruiting flexibility (good enough potential to develop, but not so good that he'd scare away any big recruits) down the road.

Agree 100% with this. Carlton could play 4 or 5 too I would think. We still have 5 spots open. He doesn't preclude us from getting a top tier center as well.

Reaction Score

Where are you seeing Carlton ranked ahead of all of them. I have no problem with the staff recruiting him and he might be really good. There is just very little information out there on him other than he's ranked around 250. I remember Phil being ranked right at 100 and despite starting a National title game he played to his level coming out of high school. Love the guy but he didn't play above his ranking, Emeka would have been a better example.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom