Josh Carlton (C) commits to UConn! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton (C) commits to UConn!

Reaction Score
Carlton had a lot of great offers, his list was elite. That's one of the major things I look at for recruits I have no frighin clue about, what staffs have put stock in? I'm weary of saying "this is a project for KO", he's had a ton of projects he hasn't developed, in fact he's had blue chip recruits he didn't really develop.

If JC is our best big recruit than we are screwed , but if not this isn't bad. class is a failure if they don't secure Richards bamba or Ikey IMO, C is such a glaring need.

well we're officially out on Ikey and Richards hasn't looked good for a month. You might be sorely disappointed. Bamba still seems like a major reach.

Reaction Score
well we're officially out on Ikey and Richards hasn't looked good for a month. You might be sorely disappointed. Bamba still seems like a major reach.
Bamba is a reach why? We were in good shape when I heard word in May/June well before the u18 games in chile. From people on the team. Richards I have no clue.

Reaction Score
Bamba is a reach why? We were in good shape when I heard word in May/June well before the u18 games in chile. From people on the team. Richards I have no clue.

I hope you're right. But I'm of the mind he'll end up at duke.

Reaction Score
Carlton had a lot of great offers, his list was elite. That's one of the major things I look at for recruits I have no frighin clue about, what staffs have put stock in? I'm weary of saying "this is a project for KO", he's had a ton of projects he hasn't developed, in fact he's had blue chip recruits he didn't really develop.

If JC is our best big recruit than we are screwed , but if not this isn't bad. class is a failure if they don't secure Richards bamba or Ikey IMO, C is such a glaring need

This is absurd

Reaction Score

If JC is our best big recruit than we are screwed , but if not this isn't bad. class is a failure if they don't secure Richards bamba or Ikey IMO, C is such a glaring need.

Center is a need, but you're a little over zealous in calling the class a failure if we don't get one ranked higher. If I'm not mistaken, Emeka would have had a relatively similar ranking / grade.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Up your lithium dosage, Francis.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't think the class would be a "failure" by any means if we don't get another big, but I do think we need another one, whether it be a 5 star or a 4 star

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe I haven't been on this board as often as I should but my first reaction was "Who??" This one came out of left field to me. Enoch 2.0?

Reaction Score
Pardon the hyperbole, the class would be better suited with a legit 4/5 star big. One who could step in and start
I would hope that next year, a junior Enoch and sophomore Durham looks pretty scary. Both are very talented offensively and have the length so scare people away from attacking the rim.

UConn recently won a championship with an unknown freshman center in Brimah, Deandre Daniels, sophomore Phil Nolan, and Tyler Olander. I think Enoch/Durham/Diarra/Carlton doesn't look any worse than that.

Reaction Score
I would hope that next year, a junior Enoch and sophomore Durham looks pretty scary. Both are very talented offensively and have the length so scare people away from attacking the rim.
me too, its just we have no clue about durham. Enoch is entering his sophomore year where hell likely play a small role in a 5-10 mpg situation, so him entering his junior as our lone center seems daunting. Diarra,enoch, and durham is a solid trio, but could be only better if it were capped off with a supreme talent at the 5.

Reaction Score
me too, its just we have no clue about durham. Enoch is entering his sophomore year where hell likely play a small role in a 5-10 mpg situation, so him entering his junior as our lone center seems daunting. Diarra,enoch, and durham is a solid trio, but could be only better if it were capped off with a supreme talent at the 5.
I would be shocked if Enoch doesn't get close to 20 mpg. He's most likely the first big off the bench, and we all know how foul prone Brimah is.

Reaction Score
Oh crap... For some reason I was thinking this was Tyler Polley, so I was little more excited than I should be. Hopefully this doesn't hurt our chances with him. As for Carlton, if they say he has good hands and can rebound, that's all we need!

Reaction Score
Pardon the hyperbole, the class would be better suited with a legit 4/5 star big. One who could step in and start

Assuming Durham progresses normally, I'd imagine he starts at the 5 as a soph.

I'm actually not overly concerned with the big situation - you figure at least one of Enoch/Diarra becomes a player, which, combined with Larrier/Durham hopefully being able to play up a position, should be enough. The glaring need is at the wing position with Purvis graduating, which is why Diallo has been made a top priority. Get him, it's an A+ class IMO.

Reaction Score
Hope he is taller than 6-8. why do people think his commitment has implications with Harvey. Just becaus they play for the same private school?

Reaction Score
Assuming Durham progresses normally, I'd imagine he starts at the 5 as a soph.

I'm actually not overly concerned with the big situation - you figure at least one of Enoch/Diarra becomes a player, which, combined with Larrier/Durham hopefully being able to play up a position, should be enough. The glaring need is at the wing position with Purvis graduating, which is why Diallo has been made a top priority. Get him, it's an A+ class IMO.

start at the 5 as a sophomore? I just have to see durham play to purport him as starter caliber guy on a top 25 team, i mean the guy is coming off two knee surgeries that snatched him out of the natl attention. Perhaps when he was a youngster playing in Team Usa mincamps back in 2013,but for now i'm focusing in on the center spot as a major need for 2017.

Reaction Score

I was about to say, wow, your sense of this team is entirely different than mine, and then I read your final sentence, and I was OK with the realization that we live on entirely different planets.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
'Underrated passer' for a center is honestly something I was happy to read. I've felt like our center spot has been a black hole with Brimah and others down there. Meaning, when the pass went in, it was never kicked out... rather, there was always isolation followed by an (often ugly) shot. If we have a C who can REALLY pass and create an inside-out game, it will help out our guards.

Kid seems to have picked up a few rather decent offers of late. In KO I trust... I bet this kid will be a late riser and a nice long-term piece down low, which we BADLY needed. For 2017 and beyond, we only had Enoch/Diarra, and they're better suited at PF.

Reaction Score
This team will have quite some depth for years to come. After this season:
PG: Gilbert, MAL
SG: Adams, Vital, Diallo (hopefully)
SF: Jackson, Larrier
PF: Durham, Diarra, Polley (possibly)
C: Enoch, Carlton

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics