Josh Carlton (C) commits to UConn! | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton (C) commits to UConn!

Reaction Score
He figures to be a real test for Ollie to develop. But anyone who's going to board and play big on D is fine by me.

Really hope this puts us in a better spot with DJ Harvey, though.

A quick refresher on the late rising Carlton (Corey Evans of Hoopseen):
Teenage big men sometimes just get ‘it’ overnight where the senior center looked the best he has ever looked on Saturday in New Jersey.

Just like Huffman, Carlton is another 6-foot-10 big man that is a major bruiser within the paint. While he doesn’t have much of a face-up jumper at this time, it was his unbelievable hands, touch, and rebounding prowess, that all stood out at The Weekend, a quick two day even taken place at Caldwell University.

A massive space eater but someone with improving ball skills and a back to the basket game, the Carolina native, who will suit up at DeMatha for the second straight year alongside top-50 wing DJ Harvey, had it all clicking during his three game stretch. Not only was he the best rebounder in the entire gym but he also displayed great value as a high-low frontcourt piece that is a much underrated passer of the basketball. Throw in his rim protecting services and quality motor in tracking down loose balls and it would seem that the interior producer has taken his game to the next level.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
if I'm right people said he was supposed to rise in the rankings substantially right?

Reaction Score
Seems like a good pickup. Is he rated around top150? We do need to see if we can get an impact big but if not at least one that can hold his own inside like Carlton.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Seems like a good pickup. Is he rated around top150? We do need to see if we can get an impact big but if not at least one that can hold his own inside like Carlton.
He's 235 on 247. An 82 rated, 4* on ESPN. Seems like a 4 year project. I hope this has implications on DJ Harvey.

Reaction Score
Provides good depth hopefully he's not our only center commit this year. An extra big body never hurts

Reaction Score
Welcome aboard Josh!!! We all look forward to you fulfilling your potential while suiting up for our Huskies!!

carlton-dance-fresh-prince-gif-will-smith.gif

Reaction Score
Carlton had a lot of great offers, his list was elite. That's one of the major things I look at for recruits I have no frighin clue about, what staffs have put stock in? I'm weary of saying "this is a project for KO", he's had a ton of projects he hasn't developed, in fact he's had blue chip recruits he didn't really develop.

If JC is our best big recruit than we are screwed , but if not this isn't bad. class is a failure if they don't secure Richards bamba or Ikey IMO, C is such a glaring need.

Reaction Score
People complain that we can't rebound. Now we get a kid that apparently can rebound and we're complaining. Lol.

Exactly. Never seen him play live but he seems perfectly good enough to be a backup Center until he fully develops.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom