Josh Carlton (C) commits to UConn! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton (C) commits to UConn!

Reaction Score
start at the 5 as a sophomore? I just have to see durham play to purport him as starter caliber guy on a top 25 team, i mean the guy is coming off two knee surgeries that snatched him out of the natl attention. Perhaps when he was a youngster playing in Team Usa mincamps back in 2013,but for now i'm focusing in on the center spot as a major need for 2017.

Well, yeah...it's impossible for anybody to know whether he'll be the same after the two surgeries. My point is that, since recruiting is by definition fickle, it is as likely that we are getting somebody in Durham who is the 5th ranked guy in the country masquerading as a four star as it is he's the next Omar Calhoun. The injury is cause for caution, but it also made it impossible to accurately gauge him as a prospect. I don't think it's an accident that he's ranked where he is because people are hedging against the possibility that he blows up.

The guy you can pencil in at center 14 months in advance doesn't exist in college basketball in 2016, so we're all dealing with some level of uncertainty here.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Big deal - he's not a 5*
Wow people on this board blow my mind
Does anyone think KO went after him because he was an under the radar stiff?
Bigs are not an easy to come by product and one that comes in with hands to grab a rebound and has been cited by many people in the know as an above average passer - I'll take them anyday
Good thing he chose UConn over Central, UHart, UNH and Sacred Heart
Look at the programs who offered and wanted him.........................................................
I think I trust KO over all the "experts" who live here
WELCOME JOSH

Reaction Score
My God...we're bringing in "a fine clog down low". WTF is that?
images (4).jpg

Reaction Score
Regardless of rankings, this kid has a good list of schools offering him. Considerably better than Matador, for what it's worth. And the fact that KO prioritized him means something to me.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The fact that somebody used "passing" as a quality characteristic of Carlton's game should immediately disqualify any and all Selvie comparisons. I'm not sure he attempted a single pass in his time at Storrs.

Some guys don't need to pass. iiiiiiiiiiiit's Johnnie Time!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
knowing how to use your body (carving out space, creating angles, protecting the ball) are both more of instinctual things

As a former interior player, I'd completely disagree with that. Learning to create space, utilize angles and position, and to protect the ball are all very coachable skills. My coach and my mentors didn't make me into Moses Malone, but they sure as hell taught me how to use my lower frame to gain and maintain position and to create space for shooting angles that worked for me. Unfortunately, they couldn't make my hands any bigger, and my carreer went kind of straight to rec league after HS.

Speaking of hand size -- I once shook hands with Dr. J. I felt like an 8 year old shaking hands with an adult. The span of his hand was easily 1.5 ties that of mine.

Reaction Score
Should be a solid contributor at a thin spot in the roster, but we could still use a splashier signing at the center position.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Regardless of rankings, this kid has a good list of schools offering him. Considerably better than Matador, for what it's worth. And the fact that KO prioritized him means something to me.
Who's Matador?

Reaction Score
Hoop is a hole. He clogs it up. Nobody will ever score on us again. He clogs up the paint too. But hopefully not the offense.

That is an ugly duck_king clog. You have no taste.
Ugly clog is an oxymoron, please tell me you don't wear clogs. No self-respecting man wears clogs, crocs or sandals.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Josh Carlton had a more impressive list of offers than Ike Obiagu. I don't care where the recruiting gurus rank him. The coaches (you know, the real experts) obviously see a valuable player.

On top of that, he's characterized as a plus rebounder with good hands and at least some ability to pass. I'm failing to see the down side here?

On a side note, I had the chance to meet Christian Vital at Moe's earlier this month. Definitely a cool guy who just oozes confidence, and has a presence about him. Looking forward to seeing what he can do on the court!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Josh Carlton had a more impressive list of offers than Ike Obiagu. I don't care where the recruiting gurus rank him. The coaches (you know, the real experts) obviously see a valuable player.

On top of that, he's characterized as a plus rebounder with good hands and at least some ability to pass. I'm failing to see the down side here?

On a side note, I had the chance to meet Christian Vital at Moe's earlier this month. Definitely a cool guy who just oozes confidence, and has a presence about him. Looking forward to seeing what he can do on the court!
Great post. Recruit seems to address a few chronic problems the frontcourt has demonstrated in the past few years. Adds depth and potential. Good catch by KO and staff.
Ditto Vital.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I talked to Vital about a week ago. Really sincere, respectful kid. But he's got that certain edge about him that really fires you up. Ollie is doing a wonderful job on the recruiting trail.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom