Jose Iglesias | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Jose Iglesias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is no proof of anyone on the Red Sox from 1984 (Beginning of my fandom) - 1992 were on anything but greenies.:)

I was talking about if they beat someone this year 25....c'mon man don't ruin my point!! LOL

Reaction Score
It will be considered a great trade if the Sox win the World Series. If not, it potentially could be a Jeff Bagwell/Larry Anderson deal.

But remember, Larry Anderson helped an overachieving Sox team win the AL East in 1990, before getting trounced by a juiced up A's team...again.
It will never ever ever be a Bagwell for Andersen trade. Ever. Unless Jose starts hitting 20 jacks to go along with his gold glove.

Reaction Score
Also, again, keep in mind that the Sox are loaded with infield prospects/youth. If they weren't they likely wouldn't have traded Iglesias and would have looked to move someone else in their system for Peavy. You have to look at the whole picture when analyzing the trade.
And Peavy has pitched great since he's come over.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Also, again, keep in mind that the Sox are loaded with infield prospects/youth. If they weren't they likely wouldn't have traded Iglesias and would have looked to move someone else in their system for Peavy. You have to look at the whole picture when analyzing the trade.
And Peavy has pitched great since he's come over.
In all fairness, Bagwell was blocked at third by "All-Star" Scott Cooper and Tim Naehring. Bagwell wasn't moved to 1B until '91 in Houston. It was a smart deal at the time. If Bagwell wasn't implicated for PEDs, he'd be in the HOF.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In all fairness, Bagwell was blocked at third by "All-Star" Scott Cooper and Tim Naehring. Bagwell wasn't moved to 1B until '91 in Houston. It was a smart deal at the time.

No, it wasn't. It was a disaster from day 1.

Husky25

Reaction Score
No, it wasn't. It was a disaster from day 1.
Revisionist history. No one knew Bagwell was going to turn out like he did and the Sox needed bullpen help. Look at similar trade less than a decade later. The Mariners needed bullpen help and gave up a Boras All-American wallowing in AAA and some sinkerballer named Lowe for Heathcliff Slocomb. You win some, you lose some.

Be that is it may. If Peavy helps the Red Sox win the World Series, trading away Iglesias won't matter.

Do you wish the Sox kept Hanley Ramirez and Anibal Sanchez? Personally I would much rather they have the 2007 ring, because that's exactly what Beckett and Lowell delivered.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Revisionist history. No one knew Bagwell was going to turn out like he did and the Sox needed bullpen help.

The Astros knew. He started in the bigs the 1st game of the next season. But really, everyone had Bagwell pegged as a star hitter at the time. The Sox way overpaid for the rental of a 37-year old set-up man.

Reaction Score
In all fairness, Bagwell was blocked at third by "All-Star" Scott Cooper and Tim Naehring. Bagwell wasn't moved to 1B until '91 in Houston. It was a smart deal at the time. If Bagwell wasn't implicated for PEDs, he'd be in the HOF.

Actually Bagwell was blocked at third by Wade Boggs. While you are correct that he was not regarded as the top replacement for Boggs, he was considered excess baggage because of Boggs. Also, he never played a game at third for the Astros. From day one, he was their first base man. He never was considered to be a power hitter (the most hrs he has in the minors was 4) however something miraculous happened when he got to Houston.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Actually Bagwell was blocked at third by Wade Boggs. While you are correct that he was not regarded as the top replacement for Boggs, he was considered excess baggage because of Boggs. Also, he never played a game at third for the Astros. From day one, he was their first base man. He never was considered to be a power hitter (the most hrs he has in the minors was 4) however something miraculous happened when he got to Houston.
He was blocked at third in houston by ken caminiti, so they moved him across the diamond. Boggs was already in the majors. Bagwell was 4th in line behind naehring and cooper, but was lightly regarded as a 3b man.

Reaction Score
It will be considered a great trade if the Sox win the World Series. If not, it potentially could be a Jeff Bagwell/Larry Anderson deal.

But remember, Larry Anderson helped an overachieving Sox team win the AL East in 1990, before getting trounced by a juiced up A's team...again.

This is wrong. That will never be the case.

Reaction Score
I know that I am beating a dead horse here, but Jose Iglesias is hitting .303 with Detroit and .321 overall. I think we need to admit that he can hit major league pitching. The Tigers announced yesterday that he is their shortstop for the playoffs even though Peralta will be eligible.

Reaction Score
I know that I am beating a dead horse here, but Jose Iglesias is hitting .303 with Detroit and .321 overall. I think we need to admit that he can hit major league pitching. The Tigers announced yesterday that he is their shortstop for the playoffs even though Peralta will be eligible.

Need to see more........too many puss hits for me.......great bunter though and can handle it........eventually they'll be playing little league distance and make him burn them.......

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know that I am beating a dead horse here, but Jose Iglesias is hitting .303 with Detroit and .321 overall.

Good for him, but so what? What's the Sox record since the deal? The Sox are in the middle of an all-time regular season and you seems obsessed with the SS on another team.

Reaction Score
Good for him, but so what? What's the Sox record since the deal? The Sox are in the middle of an all-time regular season and you seems obsessed with the SS on another team.

Red Sox FUNG WAH at it's finest............thanks for the confirmation Waq.....;)

Reaction Score
HOW *U*C*K IS THAT FUNG WAH?

Easy if I like a kid in the Yanks farm system and follow him I GIVE A CRAP if he does well.........you guys on the other hand - SEE YA......

Ah why try to explain to a Sox fan, most have only been around since '04........my bad!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Easy if I like a kid in the Yanks farm system and follow him I GIVE A CRAP if he does well.........you guys on the other hand - SEE YA......

Ah why try to explain to a Sox fan, most have only been around since '04........my bad!
Did you notice that Iglesias is not in the Sox farm system? He was traded to bring a usable piece for the stretch run of a season in which the Red Sox have the best record, and were expected to come in 4th or 5th in the division.

That is what the farm system is for. The sign of a good prospect is that they are either 1) developed for the major league club affiliated with their current team, or 2) they are traded to other teams for a player who can said major league team. Iglesias fulfilled his roll.

By the way, How's Eric Duncan doing?

Reaction Score
God you are an obnoxious !!!!!!!

Edit I forgot to put in exclamation points.

Reaction Score
God you are an obnoxious !!!!!!!

Edit I forgot to put in exclamation points.

Wow I know you are now my friend. I'm not at all and I can live with that....taking this thread this serious makes you quite the d**k no doubt :rolleyes:
And a very stupid one at that......;).......oh wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel better​
WTF did I say that was obnoxious or even required a response like that duckkFace? Wow you have issues!​

Reaction Score
If you will recall, this thread (which I started by the way) had to do with whether or not Iglesias could ever hit major league pitching. I argued that he could and I think we are seeing that he can. Mau's point is that just because a player gets traded doesn't mean you can't continue to follow him and hope that he is successful. Your point about the Red Sox record since the deal doesn't mean much because we don't know what their record would have been if they never made the deal in the first place.

I like Peavy a lot and I am glad he is on the team and this season has been an incredible one. He also may be the difference in the post season. But Iglesias is going to be on the highlights reels for seasons to come with his ability to field.

Reaction Score
If you will recall, this thread (which I started by the way) had to do with whether or not Iglesias could ever hit major league pitching. I argued that he could and I think we are seeing that he can. Mau's point is that just because a player gets traded doesn't mean you can't continue to follow him and hope that he is successful. Your point about the Red Sox record since the deal doesn't mean much because we don't know what their record would have been if they never made the deal in the first place.

I like Peavy a lot and I am glad he is on the team and this season has been an incredible one. He also may be the difference in the post season. But Iglesias is going to be on the highlights reels for seasons to come with his ability to field.

And no matter whether he is a puss hitter that bats .250 (more than I thought he would anyway) or a .290/.300 hitter he will make a solid impact for sure with his abilities!!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Red Sox FUNG WAH at it's finest............thanks for the confirmation Waq.....;)

Fung Wah, my anal crevice. I had nothing bad to say about the guy. Besides, it's not called a Fung Wah anymore. It's called a Torre.

Reaction Score
Fung Wah, my anal crevice. I had nothing bad to say about the guy. Besides, it's not called a Fung Wah anymore. It's called a Torre.

You don't care about a guy you rooted for as a Red Sock player a few weeks ago and argued for it's "FUNG WAH"...........or typical Red Sox fan? Your call on that one......;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You don't care about a guy you rooted for as a Red Sock player a few weeks ago and argued for it's "FUNG WAH"...........or typical Red Sox fan? Your call on that one......;)

The guy is now playing for the Sox' biggest rival. I'm not rooting for Anibal Sanchez either.

Reaction Score
The guy is now playing for the Sox' biggest rival. I'm not rooting for Anibal Sanchez either.

Not as if he was a free agent and left, he was traded. While I get "not rooting for him" when you play the Tigers most fans of their teams still follow their ex-players and hope they do well.......just sayin'......so congrats on being like ddmict......lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom