Jordan Bowden | The Boneyard

Jordan Bowden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
247 article states that uconn staff was watching him
247sports.com/Bolt/Marquette-UConn-involved-with-2016-guard-43582028

Reaction Score
Not allowed to link to that site for whatever reason, but you can just google url.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
3-star player who flew under the radar because he didn't play AAU ball. He's from Tennessee and is playing postgrad at something called 22 Foot Academy. According to an article from Scout last month 1) he's a shooter, and 2) his recruitment is wide open.

Marquette and LSU are the other "name" teams who are involved at this point as far as I can tell.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
His teammate at 22 Foot is former Vermont Academy/Putnam Science Academy player Sedee Keita.

Reaction Score
Is that one dunk the extent of his mix tape? Kid seems like an underachiever. Can't even put together a proper reel of dunks.

Reaction Score
Highlight reel as usual I get it but who is this kid. Looks like a player would seem to have all the tools?

And why 2016? Though our staff was through and we were full? Rodney is gone I'm guessing?

Reaction Score
Highlight reel as usual I get it but who is this kid. Looks like a player would seem to have all the tools?

And why 2016? Though our staff was through and we were full? Rodney is gone I'm guessing?
My guess: We really need to recruit some shooters. The only recruit we have coming in known as a great shooter is Jackson. Even if Purvis isn't gone, we bring in an under the radar guard who can really shoot, and he's a three star kid who probably isn't going to scare off Diallo (or make him think we're recruiting over him).

I think it's a great move if we can get him. We may not NEED him next year (if Purvis stays) but we do need a solid shooter or two going forward to go with the other players we have (and expect to get) in the 16 and 17 classes, and he seems to really fit the bill, and he also looks like he brings some other really nice skills to the table as well.

Reaction Score
My guess: We really need to recruit some shooters. The only recruit we have coming in known as a great shooter is Jackson. Even if Purvis isn't gone, we bring in an under the radar guard who can really shoot, and he's a three star kid who probably isn't going to scare off Diallo (or make him think we're recruiting over him).

I think it's a great move if we can get him. We may not NEED him next year (if Purvis stays) but we do need a solid shooter or two going forward to go with the other players we have (and expect to get) in the 16 and 17 classes, and he seems to really fit the bill, and he also looks like he brings some other really nice skills to the table as well.

Yeah never enough shooters 33 agree.

Reaction Score
I would say we also need a third/fourth ball handler for next year and this guy may fit that bill along with some shooting ability. Assuming Purv leaves we'll really only have Jalen, Alterique, DHam (hopefully) capable of handling the ball.

Reaction Score
This guy can also be a great developmental player for us. He's likely to stay 4 years, but his potential seems sky high as a 6'5" player with his offensive skill set. If we get this guy in '16, it could very well be a move for a guy who will play more in '18 & '19 as a seasoned upperclassman. If our coaches want him, I would gladly accept this guy.

Reaction Score
I would say we also need a third/fourth ball handler for next year and this guy may fit that bill along with some shooting ability. Assuming Purv leaves we'll really only have Jalen, Alterique, DHam (hopefully) capable of handling the ball.
Cassell too. Doubt a kid who hasn't even played AAU would be better as a freshman than Cassell is next year.

Reaction Score

a high riser, something we don't really have... plenty of perimeter kids in the backcourt, but no beasts that would dunk on anybody... We haven't had a guy like that since Doug Wrenn

Reaction Score
Does anyone feel like Cassell's days as a Husky are up? I mean who knows he may be on time to graduate and be a grad transfer next season somewhere else, no?
Almost forgot about that possibility. If he is planning to do this, it would make sense to add a bench role SG since we have 2 PGs who will demand a lot of PT and will have another one coming in 2017. We'll see.

Reaction Score
a high riser, something we don't really have... plenty of perimeter kids in the backcourt, but no beasts that would dunk on anybody... We haven't had a guy like that since Doug Wrenn

And we didn't even have Doug Wrenn LOL

Reaction Score
for a couple of games we did...
Doug Wrenn is the owner of one of my favorite UCONN highlights. Dunk on GTown in Big East tournament. Kinda swung around in a circle while hanging on the rim. In the process kicked Lee Scruggs of Gtown in the face. Frankly, in today's game Wrenn probably get's a Flagrant 2 for that play. It very well could have been on purpose, but it was totally bad a** and I think the refs just missed the kick.

**Edit** Found that game in the husky game archive. Per usual, my memory is not great. I could not see the kick to the face as I remember it.

Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Doug Wrenn is the owner of one of my favorite UCONN highlights. Dunk on GTown in Big East tournament. Kinda swung around in a circle while hanging on the rim. In the process kicked Lee Scruggs of Gtown in the face. Frankly, in today's game Wrenn probably get's a Flagrant 2 for that play. It very well could have been on purpose, but it was totally bad a** and I think the refs just missed the kick.

**Edit** Found that game in the husky game archive. Per usual, my memory is not great. I could not see the kick to the face as I remember it.

When I think of Scruggs...

a_freeman.jpg

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He may not have played AAU but he looks fairly polished offensively. He must be been practicing against someone pretty good. Good 3 point shooter. Really finishes well; a couple of times with the left hand. Some nice spin moves and looks to be plenty fast; especially exploding to the hoop. KO has some pretty exciting kids on the radar.

Reaction Score
When I think of Scruggs...

a_freeman.jpg
Despite my suspect memory of the kick to the face, the Wrenn dunk on Scruggs was epic. Right down the middle, in traffic, huge jump stop and jam. Scruggs apparently couldn't play D.

Reaction Score

Wrenn may have been the most athletic player we have had here. Ridiculous hops and he was pretty skilled too. It's too bad he could not get out of his own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom