Jones lacking burst and athleticsm | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jones lacking burst and athleticsm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I still believe strongly it's not the negativity that keeps people away. It's the amount of posters who either intentionally, or ignorantly, misrepresent what someone else wrote, and then chide them for it.

A guy says that the athleticism shown in the combine may not translate to the field (and points out an example of where that has happened before) and is then mocked for saying the player isn't athletic.

Why would anyone want to join this band of misfits where they will routinely be ridiculed for things they didn't say if it so happens that a few people don't like him/her?

That guy has publically stated he doesn't follow the program anymore.

But he still trolls the boneyard. Weird.

Reaction Score
That guy has publically stated he doesn't follow the program anymore.

But he still trolls the boneyard. Weird.

You've already accused him of saying something he didn't say in this thread, so why would this latest accusation be any different? I'm sure that you're taking him out of context.

Reaction Score
You've already accused him of saying something he didn't say in this thread, so why would this latest accusation be any different? I'm sure that you're taking him out of context.

Ahh you know SDHusky. Some of us exploit success, while he doubles down on failure. He supported Pasqualoni to the bitter end as well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Threads like this remind me that using the Ignore button sparingly makes this forum so much more enjoyable.

Although it took me a while to figure out that I started reading this in mid-conversation.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Thats not what Diaco said - that is what you said...

"I think he (byron jones) will be one of the best players in the country," Huskies coach Bob Diaco said last summer.
Whoops, somehow missed that part. My bad.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Stop with the inferior competition please. Jones would have been even better if the guys up front got to the quarterback more often. I maintain that if BJ was on a team like Alabama, Oregon or Ohio State he would have excelled even more.
I didn't mean inferior competition, I meant different competition. To me it's easier to tell a skilled QB or RB regardless of who they are playing than it is a CB. I don't need to see Flacco play against the same defense as Rodgers to confidently say Rodgers is a better quarterback - it's just easier for me to evaluate their passing ability. But to compare a top 15 corner with a top 5 corner and realistically be able to tell the two apart, I would probably need to see them play against the same people and base it on results.

And my shortcomings as a talent evaluator aside, I think Jones would have done just fine playing any competition in the country.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
How will this combine help us win games next season?
To me, it's a continuation of the promise that that Coach Balis's methods in strength and conditioning had an effect in 2014 and will be amplified in 2015. It's ain't nuttin' concrete, but there is hope. And as Red's friend, Andy D. tells us, "In here is where [hope] makes the most sense."

Reaction Score
I didn't mean inferior competition, I meant different competition. To me it's easier to tell a skilled QB or RB regardless of who they are playing than it is a CB. I don't need to see Flacco play against the same defense as Rodgers to confidently say Rodgers is a better quarterback - it's just easier for me to evaluate their passing ability. But to compare a top 15 corner with a top 5 corner and realistically be able to tell the two apart, I would probably need to see them play against the same people and base it on results.

And my shortcomings as a talent evaluator aside, I think Jones would have done just fine playing any competition in the country.

Met's remember, football is a team sport where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. Great players are made even greater with great players surrounding them. These coaches have eye for body types, hip movement, hands and burst (which has been used a number of times in this thread) They can teach guys a lot but in the end, they can't teach God given talent and size. NFL scouts are going to be very eager to see how fast and strong BJ is. Where he is selected in the NFL draft will be interesting to see. His draft position will tell us how much potential the NFL sees. Judging from his smarts and good guy reputation, I am thinking Byron Jones is going to be jumping all the way to the bank! Who knows, maybe they will be calling UCONN, Cornerback U!

Reaction Score
To me, it's a continuation of the promise that that Coach Balis's methods in strength and conditioning had an effect in 2014 and will be amplified in 2015. It's ain't nuttin' concrete, but there is hope. And as Red's friend, Andy D. tells us, "In here is where [hope] makes the most sense."

He could jump like that well before Balis showed up. Glad Balis was able to sustain that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom