John A.: Next up, Baylor and Sims | The Boneyard

John A.: Next up, Baylor and Sims

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“She takes a little while to warm up to,” Auriemma said. “She is not a very outspoken, outgoing kid. She is very quiet in a lot of ways. Her game is not quiet, but she certainly is. So you need to pay attention and try to get to know her. “But what I did notice is that she is a fierce competitor. She is a tough, physical, mentally-strong kid who takes great care of the ball. She played as well as any of the guards to come to that camp. I had never been around her before and I was really impressed with all that she did.”

“She is having an unbelievable year,” Auriemma said. “She might be the best player I’ve seen on film this season; no question, no one even close. And she is good. She makes shots, gets in the lane, makes runners and fouls you out. “In some ways, it’s easier to defend a great post player [like Griner] because someone has to get them the ball. When you have the ball all the time, it’s tougher.”

As a freshman, Stewart played just seven minutes against the Lady Bears and was scoreless with just two shots. Auriemma actually benched her when she totally messed up an in-bounds play during UConn’s 76-70 loss in Hartford. At that point, we could have asked Stewie what day it was, what building it was and she would not have known,” Auriemma said.

LINK

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This may be our biggest challenge this year. I think we have too many horses for them, but if the homecourt refs calls ticky-tack fouls, it could be competitive. I don't want to see her get 30 FTs and go off for 60. :)

Reaction Score
This may be our biggest challenge this year. I think we have too many horses for them, but if the homecourt refs calls ticky-tack fouls, it could be competitive. I don't want to see her get 30 FTs and go off for 60. :)
Yeah, if Dolson gets into foul trouble this game could go south pretty quickly. Everyone focuses on Stewart, but when Stewart's out the team keeps on playing. When Dolson is out the team starts standing around. I'm hoping Moriah doesn't press to impress her local fan base.

Reactions: HGN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22