JoeD and Gresh | The Boneyard

JoeD and Gresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I heard from my father that someone was on WFAN this week ripping on the UConn decision for Edsall 2.0. He wasn't sure who it was, anyone catch it? Was it Gresh filling in?

Reaction Score
I heard from my father that someone was on WFAN this week ripping on the UConn decision for Edsall 2.0. He wasn't sure who it was, anyone catch it? Was it Gresh filling in?
A lot of fans are. The predominant reaction to his hire was are you @#$% kidding me. That sucks.

Reaction Score
Somehow, I don't trust that you're an accurate barometer of the fanbase.
You'd be surprised. Plenty of folks not named TDH, have been WTF'ing this hire. They already had enough of the Edsall playbook: run right, run left, run up the middle, punt. This hire was "just settling", same as the hire of Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
You'd be surprised. Plenty of folks not named TDH, have been WTF'ing this hire. They already had enough of the Edsall playbook: run right, run left, run up the middle, punt. This hire was "just settling", same as the hire of Pasqualoni.
So if the people who paid Diaco's buyout did so only on the condition they hire Randy, do you tell them to go pound sand?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
A lot of fans were excited about the Bob Diaco hire and look how that turned out.

This may come as a surprise, but fans don't always know what is best for a program/team. We can all state our opinions - and that's fine - but at the end of the day, nobody knows how something will turn out until it turns out.

I think 100% of the UConn fanbase is excited about firing Bob Diaco. Getting rid of him was an important step 1 to getting UConn football back on track again. Whoever chipped in to pay off that ridiculous buyout should have a very big say in the next hire. End of story.

Reaction Score
This may come as a surprise, but fans don't always know what is best for a program/team.

HeresyYG.jpg

Reaction Score
Yes, if it's not UConn. Benedict had the option of retaining Diaco for another year or can him and get Edsall back at a decent price. He took the latter. He had nothing to do with it. He's done zero as AD.

So if the people who paid Diaco's buyout did so only on the condition they hire Randy, do you tell them to go pound sand?

Reaction Score
Yes, if it's not UConn. Benedict had the option of retaining Diaco for another year or can him and get Edsall back at a decent price. He took the latter. He had nothing to do with it. He's done zero as AD.
You'd rather have Diaco? .

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It is a bit of a WTF hire, but you need to provide another reasonable, better option before you have a right to be angry about it. I guarantee that I can shoot down any other name you put up.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Randy...eluding to wanting to bring spread offense to UConn...This will be an interesting season

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is a bit of a WTF hire, but you need to provide another reasonable, better option before you have a right to be angry about it. I guarantee that I can shoot down any other name you put up.
You know Subba, the more I think about it the more I don't think it is a WTF hire. It facilitates the end of the Diaco era. The price is right, given our circumstances, and I'm not sure we could do much better, again given our circumstances. He's the best game day coach we've had here in 6 years and his ability to get people to NFL is proven.

I never hated the Edsall hiring, but I'm warming up to it more and more as I think about the pros/cons.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Lol, he's like what 20 or 21? I'm sure he gets out more than vast majority of the old farts on this board.

All while still making the time to go to PAWS-ARF and see this team almost lose to Maine and get their doors blown off by Tulane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom