Joe Moorhead rumors (and others) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Joe Moorhead rumors (and others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I can't tell you how happy I was to receive the email from Benedict today announcing Diaco's firing. My first thought is that he didn't intend to fire him but Benedict discovered from discussions that there was an unbridgeable gap between them over the direction of the new OC hiring and the new hire's responsibilities. Don't underestimate a return by Edsall. He had unprecedented success at UCONN, had his shot at his 'dream job', failed, and is likely a bit humbler as a result. He could see this as his last job as it should've been before he bailed on us. I'd like to see Skip Holtz get an interview. We need an offensive minded coach who doesn't view us as a stepping stone. That's one thing you could be sure of with Edsall.

Reaction Score
The next hire will be/must be/may be a person with head coaching experience. Some of the potential coaches mentioned don't qualify in that respect.

This hire needs to be attention getting in the recruitment world. Another newbie first timer won't do. Recruiting needs to be majorly improved in many areas, not the least of which are the skilled positions. Guy must have a rep of guru in offense or have name recognition that automatically gets attention. Anything less is another crap shoot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No, they dont have any connection. That is just my suggestion, but I agree. I just don't have the same disdain for a defensive minded coach that many here do. I think a young DC like Orlando, that has worked with high powered OCs, would want to bring that with them. Orlando will be a HC soon, one way or another.

My concern is lack of HC experience with Moorhead or Orlando. Any good head coach knows offense and defense and special teams.

I still prefer Fleck, and think Jim Schwartz would be a statement hire.

Reaction Score
My concern is lack of HC experience with Moorhead or Orlando. Any good head coach knows offense and defense and special teams.

I still prefer Fleck, and think Jim Schwartz would be a statement hire.

Moorhead was HC at Fordham after leaving UConn.

I don't think Fleck's coming. IIRC not only did he decline Cincy, he passed on the opening at Purdue as well.

Reaction Score
Zero shot at Fleck.

Also tweeted by (Nathan?) is Moorheads replacement at Fordham Andrew Breiner. Was grad assistant at UConn under Joe while he was here and became Passing Game coordinator at Fordham under Joe.

Orlando would be interesting. I'm not interested in Weist, no P associations please. Schiano....Eh. RE, Golden, other retreads - no.
Weist had zero to do with P. That was purely let's agree on an OC so d!ckface isn't calling plays anymore, but clearly was. I don't hold that against him at all.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have nothing against Weist (he was a stand-up guy when here) but TJ wasn't the one calling the plays in USF either (Taggart was).

Which is why he is in Oregon.

Reaction Score
OK. I will jump into the speculation from a holistic point of view. If neither Moorhead nor Orlando become the new HC, I am guessing that given AD David Benedict's ties to the SEC, the new HC comes out of the SEC or at least has had experience in the SEC.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Dan Orlovsky ‏@danorlovsky7 2m 2 minutes ago
Man one guy that I would love to see a part of the staff @UConnFootball is @JonathanWholley the guys knows football as good as anyone, has

Dan Orlovsky ‏@danorlovsky7 3m 3 minutes ago
Incredible passion, can recruit and was part of the beginning of @UConnFootball becoming a national program...#musthire

Currently Asst Coach/Co DC/LB @ Fordham

I really like how Dan O has become an active advocate for UConn football. He's obviously near the end of his NFL career. It would be interesting to have him sit in on OC/HC interviews.

Reaction Score
I really like how Dan O has become an active advocate for UConn football. He's obviously near the end of his NFL career. It would be interesting to have him sit in on OC/HC interviews.

If he doesn't get into coaching when he ends his NFL career, it'd be nice to put him on the board or in a position as an advocate.

Reaction Score
OK. I will jump into the speculation from a holistic point of view. If neither Moorhead nor Orlando become the new HC, I am guessing that given AD David Benedict's ties to the SEC, the new HC comes out of the SEC or at least has had experience in the SEC.

Well, one of the hottest young OC's in the land is AU's Lashlee who worked there with DB

Reaction Score
Whooley was on the UConn staff first as a grad-asst, then as a regular assistant at the end. A few old UConn guys on the Fordham staff still. Darrell Perkins and Shane Fogarty on staff there. If Moorhead is the hire.. wouldn't be surprised to see some of his Fordham guys come along for the ride.

Reaction Score
Why would Moorhead want this job seriously

I would think he holds out for a good P5 opportunity like Narduzzi did for example

Whooley was on the UConn staff first as a grad-asst, then as a regular assistant at the end. A few old UConn guys on the Fordham staff still. Darrell Perkins and Shane Fogarty on staff there. If Moorhead is the hire.. wouldn't be surprised to see some of his Fordham guys come along for the ride.

Reaction Score
Why would Moorhead want this job seriously

I would think he holds out for a good P5 opportunity like Narduzzi did for example

You should pay attention.

P5 Jobs are so hard to get. Perfectly wonderful candidates just flailed ... PJ Fleck & Greg Schiano & Les Miles & Lane Kiffin. Moorhead ain't at that stature. Best to prove yourself in FBS.

Reaction Score
Weist had zero to do with P. That was purely let's agree on an OC so d!ckface isn't calling plays anymore, but clearly was. I don't hold that against him at all.
Fair. That said, I don't see him as anything to write home about and would likely be another boring HC hire for us. His credentials amount to three garbage time wins in 2013. No thanks.

Also, someone else brought up Fleck again....HES NOT COMING HERE.

Reaction Score
Pat Forde is the only person saying Moorhead is out of consideration for this job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom