Joe Moorhead rumors (and others) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Joe Moorhead rumors (and others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Biz

RE also had more time than both coaches , less expectations upon them and less at stake.
RE also sucked at Maryland. I agree it's a crap shoot when hiring at our level particularly.
All we need to do is look back at the coaches that were in the running for the UConn job when PP was named. Did any of them pan out? I don't think they did.

I am not urging us to hire Edsall. I'm going to let Benedict make this call. But our football program will die if folks don't understand that he did more than a good job here, and that it's more likely that the next hire will produce like P than like Edsall. Everything here is spoiled by Calhoun and Geno.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Hey Dan, understand your viewpoint to getting back to respectable 7 & 5 type but would rather go 9 & 3. "7 & 5 is too close to "6&6", mediocre in the AAC.
After 6 years of futility, getting to 7&5 every year is just okay. Would rather BANG a nine getting to 9&3 or have a ten win season which would be like having a TEN on her knees, if possible..
NO EX GIRLFRIENDS wanted.
LIKE MEETING MY EX WIFE for a cup of coffee....OH GODDDD!
Want 9 & 3 or better in 3 years.... That is just 2 more wins, which is another level. Depends on recruiting to build depth, coaching up AND SCORING POINTS... want an offensive minded coach and a winner.

Of course you would rather go 9-3. I'd rather go 15-0. I'd rather have a threesome with Charlize Theron and Kate Beckinsale. That's besides the point.

The point I'm trying to make is that we need a solid head coach right now; one that can take the pieces we have and turn them into a winning season. Even if he isn't the hottest name. Recruiting responds to success much more than it responds to personality or salesmanship. Going 7-5 a few times will take care of the rest. Getting a "system" coach who needs his own guys to be seniors before he can get to 9-3 would essentially bury us anyways, because we can no longer afford another 2-10 season. There will be no more fans or recruits to show the games to...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
C

Chief00

Zero shot at Fleck.

Also tweeted by (Nathan?) is Moorheads replacement at Fordham Andrew Breiner. Was grad assistant at UConn under Joe while he was here and became Passing Game coordinator at Fordham under Joe.

Orlando would be interesting. I'm not interested in Weist, no P associations please. Schiano....Eh. RE, Golden, other retreads - no.
TJ was brought in by Warde not P.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Are we going to hear who has/will be interviewed or is there just going to be an edict from on high? When we see blue smoke emerging from the chimney of the AD's building, we'll know that a new head coach has been chosen??

C

Chief00

Because he's coached here before, has had success, and feels that experience will make him successful as the head guy. Right now it looks like his stock is only rising and he'll have p5 opportunities next year but you never know. Also, all p5 jobs aren't the same.

Not saying it will happen, but I think that's the argument. If we didn't have a connection to him I'd say no chance.
AAC coaches have great P5 opportunities - Texas comes to mind

Reaction Score
That makes no sense. Fickell and Kiffin accepted jobs and are coaching in CFP games. The PSU bowl game has no bearing on anything.

If he wants the job and has the job there is no reason to delay an announcement other than it's gotten too close to their game whereas it would have been fine 2+ weeks ago.

If he goes he is not telling anyone at PSU until after the bowl - as it should be.

Reaction Score
You guys do know that Edsall blew the recruitment of Dan O...if it wasn't for Lyndon Johnson doubling back to the house he NEVER would have been a Husky. It's a true story...I heard it from the guy who doubled back to the house.
Gentlemen i was in the house at that time part of the decision process Dan committed to RE and waivered once and RE found out and made a phone call . i think to this day Dan is a staunch supporter or HCRE

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gentlemen i was in the house at that time part of the decision process Dan committed to RE and waivered once and RE found out and made a phone call . i think to this day Dan is a staunch supporter or HCRE

Maybe RE can convince DO to hang up the spikes and be his OC.

I kid. Mostly.

Reaction Score
Maybe RE can convince DO to hang up the spikes and be his OC.

I kid. Mostly.

I think you mean QB coach and strength and conditioning coach.

I don't think, to this day, anyone out worked Dan O. Maybe Fincher was a close second.

Reaction Score
I heard my story from the guy who doubled back and was by RE's side from UConn to MD.....Lyndon Johnson now on Ambrose's staff at Towson.

Reaction Score
UConn needs the guy that can bring in the next Teddy Bridgewater, Greg Warde or Blake Bortles and obviously that's not Edsall. Give the Edsall thing a rest. He's a research assistant for a reason. Let him start over in the FCS. UConn doesn't need any washouts from the ACC or B1G. They need a guy that was successful there, not shown the door.

C

Chief00

That makes no sense. Fickell and Kiffin accepted jobs and are coaching in CFP games. The PSU bowl game has no bearing on anything.

If he wants the job and has the job there is no reason to delay an announcement other than it's gotten too close to their game whereas it would have been fine 2+ weeks ago.
We are where we are and it would definitely be a distraction. Imagine if he came out with an announcement and they had a poor offensive showing? You don't think he would get blamed?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Edsall burned every bridge to go fail someplace else. No shot.
It looks like I need to eat crow here. I should have leaned my lesson. I remember thinking when the PP rumors were around, why would we hire that washed-up hack? Because we're UConn.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-5_12-46-2.gif
    upload_2017-1-5_12-46-2.gif
    52 bytes · Views: 32

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online