Joe D has Benedict on right now | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Joe D has Benedict on right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If she wants to play like this, no UConn guests on Mike & Mike for a bit. We can handle a slight decline in pub on that show, but no Geno, no Ollie.

Reaction Score
Mike and Mike don't even like each other. I forgot they existed.

Ehh I don't know about that. Its the most transparent schtick in the world. The big fat brainless ex-athlete and the metropolitan, tennis loving yuppie.

Reaction Score
If she wants to play like this, no UConn guests on Mike & Mike for a bit. We can handle a slight decline in pub on that show, but no Geno, no Ollie.

I don't think that would exactly move the needle when they are go to publicity stop for all the biggest A-listers on their tours through Bristol.

Reaction Score
Ehh I don't know about that. Its the most transparent schtick in the world. The big fat brainless ex-athlete and the metropolitan, tennis loving yuppie.

I've read interviews with them. They both say if the show ended tomorrow that they would probably never talk to eachother again.

Reaction Score
I've read interviews with them. They both say if the show ended tomorrow that they would probably never talk to eachother again.

Well then, you are more tuned in than I am. And good riddance. I read somewhere that Greenberg is in developments to host a 3-4 hr morning show on ESPN so hopefully we can get all get a better product for the morning drive.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Meh, after reading her twitter feed her only point was that "first class" programs don't wait so long to can the coach. Other than that she doesn't seem to have a thought in her head.

I'm astonished she and her other family members have huge twitter followings. Who the cares what these people think about anything?

Reaction Score
Most of the media seems a bit baffled over the timing. Of course most of the non CT media isn't versed in the arcane details of Diaco's buyout.

The recruiting period starts again on 12 Jan. We need to have our man and staff in place a bit before that. Benedict had a whole month to lay a groundwork, and I think did..

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
who cares what she thinks? i wonder what greenburgs mom thinks about UConn athletics.

Reaction Score
Or BD was unhappy with recruiting
I have not opened 1 post on 2017 commits since I was worried that they were all de committing if Dibacle was staying and I didn't want to read the fall out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have not opened 1 post on 2017 commits since I was worried that they were all de committing if Dibacle was staying and I didn't want to read the fall out.

HM said he'd edit the thread title if there was bad news so you don't have to avoid.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Meh, after reading her twitter feed her only point was that "first class" programs don't wait so long to can the coach. Other than that she doesn't seem to have a thought in her head.

I'm astonished she and her other family members have huge twitter followings. Who the cares what these people think about anything?

Well clearly we do since we just had half a thread about her tweet...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They were both (the Golics) cheerleading his hiring then sent their kid to Cincy for his 5th year. I hope that crappy show gets canceled and Mike and Mike have to work for a living.

It's unlistenable garbage. It is however a gold mine for a radio program.

Greeny just got a new deal where I heard some speculation that he will move away from the radio show.

I used to officiate games that Golic coached when his kids were young. Decent enough guy.

This is just a woman who is upset that her friend got fired. She's allowed to have an opinion no matter how dumb it is.

Reaction Score
I'd like to think in some small way the BY savages played a role in putting pressure on the Street. It's the only place you get the unvarnished truth...and insanity

Reaction Score
Really don't like the Edsall talk, did we really forget how he abandoned the team in Arizona after the Fiesta Bowl?

People need to let this go. Not that I'm pining for RE to come back, but that whole deal was mostly Hathaway's fault.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I was one of the first callers in- talked about whoever comes in needs to get a QB in here. Joe D thought Williams got a raw deal(he did) and don't give up on him, but agreed the new coach needs to get a JUCO in at that position. The first caller thought Benedict was dumb and after I hung up I shut it off.

Reaction Score
Wonder who the idiot was that wrote those comments to the Courant?
Maybe it was the salesperson who was supplying Diaco with all the participation trophies he'd been giving out. :D

Reaction Score
People need to let this go. Not that I'm pining for RE to come back, but that whole deal was mostly Hathaway's fault.
Even if it wasn't, the way Edsall left is small potatoes. I don't want Edsall but that really is so overblown on thus board.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Chances are very high that ticket sales are shaping up to be lousy (reports are that DB is slave driving his staff on that score) and those in the know decided that the cost of not firing him were worse than the buy out cost.

Also wouldn't shock me, given the timing, if a hiring isn't announced soon. I'd bet that DB has been champing at the bit to can BD.

I moved out of TICs area a few years ago and don't get Joe D's show. I avoid sports talk shows for the most part. My friends and I have better discussions.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Exactly! She's the wife (?) of a mouth-breathing buffoon talking head on ESPN, and she acts like a teeny bopper on Twitter.

Memo to the Golic family:

Get a life!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members