Joe D has Benedict on right now | The Boneyard

Joe D has Benedict on right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Go figure this moron can't get this without Benedict sounding like he is talking under water.

Reaction Score
Listening now and I like how DB sounds. Either he is confident that he will get the guy he wants or he already knows who is next in line.

This must be the case. If I were selling this - to a Burton or Shenkman type - I would have the next guy-contract in hand.

Reaction Score
One thing he said, he wanted to give Diaco another year and thought he was gonna. "But at the same time, you're gonna give someone more time, you want to see that things are headed in the right direction".

That's a strong statement right tjere.

Reaction Score
One thing he said, he wanted to give Diaco another year and thought he was gonna. "But at the same time, you're gonna give someone more time, you want to see that things are headed in the right direction".

That's a strong statement right tjere.

So then I guess he had to have been dissapointed with either the level of interest in OC or the choice itself, and probably also the lack of other changes among the coaching staff

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So then I guess he had to have been dissapointed with either the level of interest in OC or the choice itself, and probably also the lack of other changes among the coaching staff

I had similar thoughts.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

That's a strong statement right there.
This is my take as well. I think he wanted to give Diaco another year but saw from discussions with Diaco or the inability to attract serious OC candidates that Diaco was a roadblock.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Any sense as to when Benedict knew he had to pull the trigger?

Reaction Score
I believe Benedict-

Was willing to honor the contract but probably had a twinge of being misled by BD and agent.

Reads the papers (Boneyard/Twitter/Reporters) and listens to Donors and those with a historic perspective of the program..

Eyes wide open because of where he came from seeing poor play and empty seats looming.

Did not want to own what he sees coming next year including a possible mid-season firing if he has a better option lined up now.

Somehow came up with the dough.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Joe D just said he heard buyout might be negotiated down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom