JO Christian Field | The Boneyard

JO Christian Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything about possible upgrades to the field? Adding lights/making real bleachers? Possibly adding a real concessions area? We're hosting some really good teams now (UCF, Houston, ECU, Tulane, etc) and it would only make sense in the facilities arms race that college athletics has become to upgrade the stadium into something a little nicer. I do love the hill in left field by Hilltop dorms, have watched plenty of games (with some friends and some beers) there and plan on being there next Tuesday for the home opener against BC if the weather holds up.

Thanks!

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything about possible upgrades to the field? Adding lights/making real bleachers? Possibly adding a real concessions area? We're hosting some really good teams now (UCF, Houston, ECU, Tulane, etc) and it would only make sense in the facilities arms race that college athletics has become to upgrade the stadium into something a little nicer. I do love the hill in left field by Hilltop dorms, have watched plenty of games (with some friends and some beers) there and plan on being there next Tuesday for the home opener against BC if the weather holds up.

Thanks!

There has been drawings/renderings... it's in line I believe (soccer, softball, hockey)

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2012/02/athletics-establishes-stadium-enhancement-funds/

Reaction Score
Old news without specifics, but of more immediate importance has the 7 or whatever feet of snow been removed? Is the team practicing on the field? Thanks for local insight - tough to tell from Laos (currently typically humid, 3o degrees C / 88 or so F).

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Old news without specifics, but of more immediate importance has the 7 or whatever feet of snow been removed? Is the team practicing on the field? Thanks for local insight - tough to tell from Laos (currently typically humid, 3o degrees C / 88 or so F).
It's supposed to be upper 40s to mid 50s with some sun this next week so good chance the foot or so that's left melts by April.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think I remember reading that they wanted to have them all done (baseball/softball/soccer/hockey) by 2018 or something like that. I know soccer got a pretty huge donation from a former player to help things along. I think it's technically one big fund (as alluded to in the article above) so hopefully they're on track for all 4 fields.

Edit: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/soccer-donation-news.65965/

Looks like the school is announcing a gift for the new soccer facility on Monday.

After the $3M donated by a former student in 2012, I think they're already at $5M prior to whatever happens Monday.

Exciting news.
jacobscourant3:39pm via Twitter Web Client
Former UConn soccer player Tony Rizza to make biggest gift in UConn athletics history of $8 million for new soccer stadium.

jacobscourant3:42pm via Twitter Web Client
Rizza, originally from Newington, is a highly successful investment manager.

Reaction Score
I think I remember reading that they wanted to have them all done (baseball/softball/soccer/hockey) by 2018 or something like that. I know soccer got a pretty huge donation from a former player to help things along. I think it's technically one big fund (as alluded to in the article above) so hopefully they're on track for all 4 fields.

Edit: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/soccer-donation-news.65965/

If someone donates to UConn sports, they can earmark their contribution to the "enhancement fund" for each particular playing venue. I make a relatively small donation every year, and I split mine between the soccer and baseball fields. God knows what I'll do when these facilities actually built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom