Jeremy Lamb article | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Article from the Charlotte paper on Jeremy Lamb. Mostly a positive article and hopefully Jeremy means what he says when he talks about what it takes to be a consistent player at the NBA level. I always thought his game would translate well to the NBA and he has done well in flashes. It's getting close to now or never for him to show some level of consistency.

Reaction Score
I always liked Lamb and wished the best for him. Sounds like he may have been a bit immature and undisciplined, but may be finally growing up now. Let's hope so. We need all the husky alum in the league we can get

Reaction Score
Article from the Charlotte paper on Jeremy Lamb. Mostly a positive article and hopefully Jeremy means what he says when he talks about what it takes to be a consistent player at the NBA level. I always thought his game would translate well to the NBA and he has done well in flashes. It's getting close to now or never for him to show some level of consistency.

Nice read. Thanks.

Hopefully, it clicks for him this season.

PWS

Reaction Score

The big problem is He is not a good defensive player, so he has no margin of error if he is not scoring.

Reaction Score
The big problem is He is not a good defensive player, so he has no margin of error if he is not scoring.
He actually didn't rate badly on defense this past year. In the past he would bite too much and let his man get by him, but he was better this year. He has great versatility on defense and is quick enough to guard multiple positions, he just needs to put in more effort

Reaction Score
:p:p
They play defense in the NBA? Who would have thunk it. :D

Reaction Score
Its a myth spread by people who don't actually watch the NBA.
Well said. The players in the NBA are so skilled offensively that sometimes it just looks like they're not playing defense. But they are. I get to sit courtside near the basket a lot and I watch guys like LeBron James and Kobe Bryant and wonder how the heck you ever stop them from scoring.

Reaction Score
I think that's a myth that they don't play defense in the NBA. Or maybe I'm just spoiled because I watch the Celtics a lot and they definitely play hard on the defensive end.
Just breaking chops

Reaction Score
Its a myth spread by people who don't actually watch the NBA.
This. With his length youd figure hed be a nightmare in the passing lanes. Defense is all about effort and i have no doubt if he puts in the effort he could be a good defensive player.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Saw a Charlotte report today that had him sitting out of practice this week because he stepped on a basketball and sprained his ankle.

Reaction Score
Any posters who followed the 'nba discussion' thread here last season pretty much know whats going on, its simple; clifford isn't a fan of lambs poor body language and inconsistent effort. Lamb isn't a 'bad defender' ( look at what opposing teams give up with him on the floor, he usually elevates the teams defense) but he makes egregious and obvious errors, ones that usually irk old school style coachs like a clifford or thibs or van gundy. I probably sound like a homer, but lamb was really good last season for a somewhat injury marred season... i was perplexed by the belinelli acquisition to say the least. Its very bizarre that a coach would say 'he isn't preparing well for games' when said player posts some of the best +/-s on the team and best rpms for sg's period.

give a listen to nate duncans podcast with a charlotte writer previewing the hornets season, think it dropped last week. good stuff covering lamb and whether kemba can make another leap. LINK

C

Chief00

I think that's a myth that they don't play defense in the NBA. Or maybe I'm just spoiled because I watch the Celtics a lot and they definitely play hard on the defensive end.
I agree they play defense in the NBA. Sometimes guys are just so skilled offensively - they make it look easy.

The thing I remember most about playing against pros is how efficient they can be - little wasted motion - and they make it appear easy. What you need to do is take them away from their sweet spots and moves but then they control their destiny - if they are going to sink the shot.

Reaction Score
I agree they play defense in the NBA. Sometimes guys are just so skilled offensively - they make it look easy.

The thing I remember most about playing against pros is how efficient they can be - little wasted motion - and they make it appear easy. What you need to do is take them away from their sweet spots and moves but then they control their destiny - if they are going to sink the shot.
i'd love to bash you here but i actually agree, 'making it look easy' is one of the thing i look for when i watch games in person or even tape. effortless leaping and precise cutting stick out too me, and also guys who have 'shake' with the ball.

Reaction Score
This. With his length youd figure hed be a nightmare in the passing lanes. Defense is all about effort and i have no doubt if he puts in the effort he could be a good defensive player.

Effort is a big part, but I'd hesitate to it's ALL about effort. At the NBA level it's also mental... Making the right calls on screens to your teammate, even remembering what the calls are (they have different words each quarter sometimes for the angle of the ball screen, etc.), whether there will be a roll or pop. There was a really good article on Drummond a couple years ago about how he was having trouble adjusting to this.

Communication is HUGE. and they have to remember which players to step out on, who to go under screens with, what are their shooting spots to deny, etc. NBA level defense is incredibly complex.

Now, if his coach is saying his effort isn't there it's certainly possible. In my mind it is probably a combination of factors. But Lamb is also the kind of guy that is just more laid back. Even in his time at Uconn, it was like he didn't really care. Maybe it's his smooth athleticism instead of explosive, or his demeanor. But at the same time he would stuff a dunk in that Columbia players face..

Sorryy... being a homer, I want the guy to succeed.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I always liked Lamb and wished the best for him. Sounds like he may have been a bit immature and undisciplined, but may be finally growing up now. Let's hope so. We need all the husky alum in the league we can get
When are try outs open to the public?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I just assumed he was talking about a time he played pick up ball with some prostitutes.
I was thinking people with prosthetic limbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom