Jefferson Earns the Respect | The Boneyard

Jefferson Earns the Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great read. Talking about team chemistry, what could better better than this?

Reaction Score
I wish she had the respect of those voting for the Most Outstanding Player last night..... and wish she had respect of announcers, who went on and on about Breanna's quest for 4 NCs.... never been done before, etc..... what about Moriah and Morgan? Not a mention .... We live in a society of starts... but to be totally not acknowledged.....come on

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Bay Area - Breanna very publicly stated as a freshman that her goal at Uconn was to win four NCs - she put it out there. Last night was the first time that I know of that Moriah publicly admitted that that was her goal as well, and I don't believe Morgan has ever acknowledged that as one of her goals. So it has been synonymous with Breanna's career at Uconn in everyones mind. It is similar to Diana being the person that is associated with winning three NCs at Uconn, but she had a teammate that also accomplished that feat that never gets mentioned.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Didn't Maya Moore also highlight a Big East MVP trophy that she thought should have gone to Stephanie Dolson?

I thought that the two-game contributions were very close between Breanna and Moriah, but fame and notoriety can be the tie-breaker.

With AA, Lieberman, and three NCs, Moriah is getting her well-earned and well-deserved
upload_2015-4-8_17-40-3.jpeg

Reaction Score
One of the unspoken benefits of Stewie's statement last night is, Moriah should now be acknowledged in the same breath as Loyd, and Mitchell next year.

Reaction Score
Bay Area - Breanna very publicly stated as a freshman that her goal at Uconn was to win four NCs - she put it out there. Last night was the first time that I know of that Moriah publicly admitted that that was her goal as well, and I don't believe Morgan has ever acknowledged that as one of her goals. So it has been synonymous with Breanna's career at Uconn in everyones mind. It is similar to Diana being the person that is associated with winning three NCs at Uconn, but she had a teammate that also accomplished that feat that never gets mentioned.

Oh ya I know Breanna has been from the get go very vocal about her wish..... but I think journalists should be inclusive when it comes to this magnitude of accomplishment..... and not only because the athlete states their goal.....

Of course, I am a true Husky fan, I just would feel much more comfortable if the coverage was less "all Stewie" and gave credit to accomplishments of others ... particularly when they are doing the same thing (3 straight chmpnshps e.g.)

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Did Skyler Diggins get much air time and ink compared with Peters, Novosel and McBride?
How about Jewell Loyd's mention now compared with Turner, Reimer and Allen?
Are you tired yet about hearing about Stewie's wingspan?
Maybe broadcasters and journalists are simply lazy?
images

Reaction Score
Great article; wasn't aware of their relationship.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Also it's sometimes phrased as a starter for four NC champions, and that at this point only include Stewie as a possibility next year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Carl: "The Huskies couldn’t ask for a better player or person than Jefferson to run the team and lead the charge." Very nice!

With Jewell and Zahui B. heading to the WNBA, that opens 2 AP All-American slots. I think Stewie is a no-brainer, and both Tiffany Mitchell and Nina Davis are likely next year. When Moriah is on the top pf her game, she is as good as anyone in the country--including Stewie--and perhaps the best player ever her size.

Lieberman Awards: Sue 3x, Diana 2x, Renee 1x, Moriah 1x and counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom