Jeff Jacobs Nails It On Playcalling | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs Nails It On Playcalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
.Maybe Mr. Burton knew more than we gave him credit for. Poor method of delivery of the message on his part but he is probably chuckling to himself right now.
Exactly! We had this exact conversation at our tailgate yesterday.

Reaction Score
That comment is offensive to high school coaches everywhere!

The indirect impact of HCPP and sidekick GD is that teams typically take on the personality of their coach....and I don't see a lot of fire in the belly anywhere. At least not what you typically see from college teams. Looks like an NFL mentality without the NFL talent.

Maybe Mr. Burton knew more than we gave him credit for. Poor method of delivery of the message on his part but he is probably chuckling to himself right now.
This is so true. PP can't help that he's old, and that he has an "old" personality. But it is what it is. I'm seeing no fire out there from this team. And yes, the offense does look like a high school offense.

Reaction Score
I think the offense is lacking 'fire' for sure. Saw a little in Hyppo and Osiecki. But the defense certainly has it. Sio's late-game hit fired me up and I think the other 10 are playing with the same passion. That is one good takeaway from yesterday.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'm all for criticizing our vanilla offense, But the people who are criticizing this play in particular are nuts. We have a punter who played an excellent excellent game yesterday, And the 5 yards meant nothing to him. The only way that play works is if you really fool the defense and the only way to do it is to take the clock down.

Reaction Score
I think the offense is lacking 'fire' for sure. Saw a little in Hyppo and Osiecki. But the defense certainly has it. Sio's late-game hit fired me up and I think the other 10 are playing with the same passion. That is one good takeaway from yesterday.

Agree on the defense....they have Don Brown's personality. But they need to stop listening to everyone telling them how great they are....361 yards for Buffalo. Buffalo is not good.....after watching them against Kent State a couple of weeks ago I started telling UMass alums that UMass would not go winless because they play Buffalo.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Imagine folks will take the usual gratuitous shots at Jacobs but if you disagree with his point you should explain your position as well as he did his.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...-buffalo-column-0930-20120930,0,846968.column

Gratuitous shot: Jacobs is a jackass who lives and dies by being a contrarian. He's basically Greg Doyle for a smaller audience. His most prescient observations can be found in countless posts on this board. In fact, I have noticed a trend that Jacobs’s best columns seem to lag a few days or weeks after the point has been made on this board, and he does read this board.
That said, I agree with the column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc