Jeff Jacobs: Hearty Meal For Hockey Starved State | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: Hearty Meal For Hockey Starved State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
>>This was a seminal moment in a history of a program.

This was the opening response to all those who insisted that big-time college hockey was a lousy idea for UConn. This was the opening response for former school presidents and former athletic directors who made people who called Hockey East "a must" sound foolish. Too costly, they argued, too hard to make it work with Title IX, yada, yada. This, too, was the opening response for some snide BC fans who mocked UConn for being so insolent as to try big-time hockey.

UConn 1. No. 3 Boston 0.<<

Reaction Score
>>UConn 1. No. 3 Boston 0.<<
Jacobs already makes his first colossal error. BC, in no context, is referred to as "Boston." If it's anyone, it's BU, and we don't like being referred to as such. Nonetheless, misreferencing BC and BU is sacrilege in Hockey East.

Not to mention the vast majority of the BC campus, including Conte, is not located in Boston.

Reaction Score
This article confirms something I wrote here about 3 or 4 years ago, and i was roundly denounced for saying it by several people (I'm not going to call them out but there was a whole thread saying i was making it up.) I was told by someone affiliated with BU hockey that Uconn had a standing invitation to join HE, and Malloy confirms it. I heard Bertagna gave UConn the invite to join, and we were discussing all this in the context of BC black balling Uconn in 2011.

So stick it!

Reaction Score
upstater said:
This article confirms something I wrote here about 3 or 4 years ago, and i was roundly denounced for saying it by several people (I'm not going to call them out but there was a whole thread saying i was making it up.) I was told by someone affiliated with BU hockey that Uconn had a standing invitation to join HE, and Malloy confirms it. I heard Bertagna gave UConn the invite to join, and we were discussing all this in the context of BC black balling Uconn in 2011. So stick it!
100% correct, the Huskies had a long standing HE invitation. UCONN just had to say "yes"!

Reaction Score
This article confirms something I wrote here about 3 or 4 years ago, and i was roundly denounced for saying it by several people (I'm not going to call them out but there was a whole thread saying i was making it up.) I was told by someone affiliated with BU hockey that Uconn had a standing invitation to join HE, and Malloy confirms it. I heard Bertagna gave UConn the invite to join, and we were discussing all this in the context of BC black balling Uconn in 2011.

So stick it!
I like the stick it reference! Also glad we got the puck in there!

Reaction Score
Hey zls44 what ever happened to your friend Patman who ridiculed me a few years ago for saying UConn had a standing invitation to HE, and I said this because I had talked to people who were tight with many inside HE.

Reaction Score
Hey zls44 what ever happened to your friend Patman who ridiculed me a few years ago for saying UConn had a standing invitation to HE, and I said this because I had talked to people who were tight with many inside HE.
Excuse Lowell fans, if it doesn't fit with their conspiracy theories of Hockey East, it's not true.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

I still talk to him. FWIW, he referred to UConn's fanbase impact joining HE as a possible "Minnesota-of-the-East" this weekend, so relax.

Reaction Score
I still talk to him. FWIW, he referred to UConn's fanbase impact joining HE as a possible "Minnesota-of-the-East" this weekend, so relax.

Actually I can't relax on this one. I'm usually very relaxed, but that guy called me an out and out liar when the fact is, I have so few sources and have never provided inside scoops on this board other than that one time (because I talked to one of the highest ups in this matter). I didn't want to quote that guy on the record. But Patman was absolutely relentless in his ridicule in calling me a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom