Jasudowich to BC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jasudowich to BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And you're really so egotistical that you think I need to read every other thread in the Forum to see if you might have said something on a topic before responding? Get over yourself. Even I'm not that egotistical.

Well, I thought I'd give you a chance to avoid personal conflict over a football discussion. Got what I expected.

Reaction Score
But because there are things that Edsall does better than P, I think the improvement we make in recruiting (in terms of how our classes are ranked) will need to be far more pronounced than they have to date in order for us to succeed. And that is true whether Esall or someone else was our prior coach. It's about what this coach needs to do.

I don't think it's fair to say there are things which Edsall does better than Pasqualoni at this point. Maybe next year we can make that point, but right now? Edsall's first two years in the Big East were 3-8 and 2-9 and they didn't make him a bad coach.

We need more time before we can say the difference between Edsall and Pasqualoni is significant, whether it's recruiting or otherwise.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I don't think it's fair to say there are things which Edsall does better than Pasqualoni at this point. Maybe next year we can make that point, but right now? Edsall's first two years in the Big East were 3-8 and 2-9 and they didn't make him a bad coach.

We need more time before we can say the difference between Edsall and Pasqualoni is significant, whether it's recruiting or otherwise.

It's perfectly fair to say that you can't compare them to date based solely on their careers at UConn. I was obviously looking at what I thought P did at Syracuse as well.

But enough. My post was not about Edsall. You can think Esdall would have never recruited another Connecticut kid ever, and it doesn't change the fact that it's a problem that BC is falling apart as a program and still cleaning our clock recruiting our state.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
bl, i pull my info from rivals first, then 247, then scout/espn/courant and local newspapers to where kids live. i use a huge mix becuase its hard to get the latest offers and info without doing so. for example rivals has nothing on noel and prob myers also. you are right, rennick temple offer was pre temple upgrade but my point was at least he had another offer unlike the kids the years before. myers has a temple offer and will get one soon from ruty i think. noel has temple and ruty offers(247 for example) and my source has told me bc is just a matter of the mail service taking its time. caseys offers were listed in a newspaper article after he committed for example. his bc offer was originally on rivals then taken away(wonder who did that).

i know your thoughts on recruiting and while i think its more of a uptick then you its all good. but i do honestly think your undervaluing what were doing in ct right now. the kids brought in years ago were no service listed kids with no mac offers. lately there have been more ct kids than ever going to camps and that kind of stuff. that results in more kids with offers and them being widely known by schools. PP is a player in that. anyway to the top kids leaving, i'm upset about it no doubt but i think i didn't factor nbe vs acc enough into my judgement. i expect there to be 10+bcs kkids this year so there is plenty to go. i think we have great shots with kids like fisher, coggins, huff and beckford. i have no clue about jva recrit wise right now. and also dont buy into bc landing all three of these kids. if its December and all of them are still there then i'll be surprised. 2 of 3 would be a good year for them on the 3 ct kids.

casey isn't/wasn't a bloop in the trend, hes the beginning of a new trend in which we land kid with other legit offers. noel has other offers. myers has other offers. coggins has a bc offer and is just foaming at the mouth for a uconn one etc...it may take time to land big ct hauls overall on a year like this with so many ct kids, but the trend is developing. thats my stance.

Reaction Score
But enough. My post was not about Edsall. You can think Esdall would have never recruited another Connecticut kid ever, and it doesn't change the fact that it's a problem that BC is falling apart as a program and still cleaning our clock recruiting our state.

Sure, and Notre Dame has been mediocre for quite a few years now, but football culture isn't erased overnight. Same with Miami.

Truth is, BC just has a more traditional football culture than us and it's probably going to take more than a couple of years and a BCS trip to start beating them. They may be "falling apart" but we we never really together. They've been a Top 25 team before. They've been in big bowl games. They've had big time NFL QB's go there.

These things take time.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Sean had offers from Miami and Northwestern.

really? says who? i have never seen that but would love to.....i just checked all the usual things i do on him and i dug up that he had 3 mac level offers that aren't listed everywhere. rivals has buffalo...i did not see him with legit offers from bcs school anywhere. i would love to have a delayed party over the fact that we beat miami out for a recruit. please give me good news.

Reaction Score
bl, i pull my info from rivals first, then 247, then scout/espn/courant and local newspapers to where kids live. i use a huge mix becuase its hard to get the latest offers and info without doing so. for example rivals has nothing on noel and prob myers also. you are right, rennick temple offer was pre temple upgrade but my point was at least he had another offer unlike the kids the years before. myers has a temple offer and will get one soon from ruty i think. noel has temple and ruty offers(247 for example) and my source has told me bc is just a matter of the mail service taking its time. caseys offers were listed in a newspaper article after he committed for example. his bc offer was originally on rivals then taken away(wonder who did that).

i know your thoughts on recruiting and while i think its more of a uptick then you its all good. but i do honestly think your undervaluing what were doing in ct right now. the kids brought in years ago were no service listed kids with no mac offers. lately there have been more ct kids than ever going to camps and that kind of stuff. that results in more kids with offers and them being widely known by schools. PP is a player in that. anyway to the top kids leaving, i'm upset about it no doubt but i think i didn't factor nbe vs acc enough into my judgement. i expect there to be 10+bcs kkids this year so there is plenty to go. i think we have great shots with kids like fisher, coggins, huff and beckford. i have no clue about jva recrit wise right now. and also dont buy into bc landing all three of these kids. if its December and all of them are still there then i'll be surprised. 2 of 3 would be a good year for them on the 3 ct kids.

casey isn't/wasn't a bloop in the trend, hes the beginning of a new trend in which we land kid with other legit offers. noel has other offers. myers has other offers. coggins has a bc offer and is just foaming at the mouth for a uconn one etc...it may take time to land big ct hauls overall on a year like this with so many ct kids, but the trend is developing. thats my stance.

Well, I don't know that we're disagreeing about much other than what adjective to use. I admire all the work you do, but I note that one service saying a kid has a second offer and the others saying he doesn't does not automatically mean he has a second offer. But all you can do is decide what methodology you will use and try to stay consistent. There is not a right answer.

I do not at all downplay the spadework being done by P and his team at the moment, and absolutely will be patient to let him harvest it. What I will not do, however, is give him credit for it until I see the harvest come in. that having been said, I still believe there will be a harvest because I believe that P is a better recruiter than Edsall in terms of bringing in a class that the services like, and expect to see results over time. And, I have no problem believing that the conference instability is a negative factor that he will have to overcome. (What I don't expect to see P do is as consistently recruit kids who no one else knows about who become all-league level players, because I didn't see any other coach in the northeast doing that as well as our prior regime did.)

But, having said all that, c'mon and be a little fair. How can you possibly not conclude that this year BC is kicking our butt recruiting CT kids? It is what it is. And it is what it is regardless of anyone' s opinion on Edsall.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
he
Well, I don't know that we're disagreeing about much other than what adjective to use. I admire all the work you do, but I note that one service saying a kid has a second offer and the others saying he doesn't does not automatically mean he has a second offer. But all you can do is decide what methodology you will use and try to stay consistent. There is not a right answer.

I do not at all downplay the spadework being done by P and his team at the moment, and absolutely will be patient to let him harvest it. What I will not do, however, is give him credit for it until I see the harvest come in. that having been said, I still believe there will be a harvest because I believe that P is a better recruiter than Edsall in terms of bringing in a class that the services like, and expect to see results over time. And, I have no problem believing that the conference instability is a negative factor that he will have to overcome. (What I don't expect to see P do is as consistently recruit kids who no one else knows about who become all-league level players, because I didn't see any other coach in the northeast doing that as well as our prior regime did.)

But, having said all that, c'mon and be a little fair. How can you possibly not conclude that this year BC is kicking our butt recruiting CT kids? It is what it is. And it is what it is regardless of anyone' s opinion on Edsall.

i have said bc is doing work in ct this year before but i don't agree with the spazz offerings. i truly think they beat us out for cory jazz based off spaz offerings. he has been a bc lean for a long time with what they told him. he gave uconn a shot camp wise and after seeing enough of both he picked bc. im not sure he is in to uconn yet meanwhile bc will take any verbal and review paperwork later. uconn has gotten strict with grades/scores pre verbals and im getting mad about it. with isaacs its a wild ride. RE was his boy and when he left uconn it took PP time to get any type of communication back, that resulted in him not feeling uconn any more vs others. bc was always second to RE in his recruitment. spaz came in and got a commit. he sold the kid on saving a spot now and see what happens post injury. the kid has had a great comeback from that injury and as result has options now, one of those being MD. MD is a done deal imho. Boyle chose bc over uconn and pitt. tough but his florida offer was not commit able. i think fl has since got one of those kids that was before boyle on there depth chart so unless a psu type needs a qb boyle is probaly there's for good. anyway bc was a safe bet holding a spot in case he gets that dream offer per say. if bc doesn't land 2 of those 3 by the end of this and continues to strike out with new england kids, i think its fair to say they didn't have a great year in region. there are about 10 more kids(holiness, coggins, beckford, basilica, hall, mcdonald, montgomery, bchs wr etc...) that both schools will be in on still from new england, jury is still out...it will be fireworks in nuthill when cory gets that psu offer(or just into another school like md or uva) and isaacs goes south. we may not be winning in keeping ct and new england kids home, but were not losing to bc in anything accept puck.

Reaction Score
I still say that all of this, at least for this year, is overblown, We don't have many schollies (15 -18) and I assume there are kids that we are not recruiting that hard - we have tons of offers out. So we have 12 schollies left maybe we don't want any CT kids on the board? Maybe we wanted Lagow more than Boyle?

PP extends, at least according to services, many more offers than RE. He can't be hot on the trail of every single kid and he has a list of who he really wants and who he has rapport with. We are not privy to any of that. We are arguing, perhaps, about kids that got offered just to see if we could generate interest.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
really? says who? i have never seen that but would love to.....i just checked all the usual things i do on him and i dug up that he had 3 mac level offers that aren't listed everywhere. rivals has buffalo...i did not see him with legit offers from bcs school anywhere. i would love to have a delayed party over the fact that we beat miami out for a recruit. please give me good news.

A rivals pay article (dated January 9th, 2011). GOlden had just taken over for Miami.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
A rivals pay article (dated January 9th, 2011). GOlden had just taken over for Miami.

for real? wow. i'm not a pay guy so i can't see it. how come rivals doesn't list the offers then? why wouldn't they? and how come no one else knows about those offers? i would think this board back in the scout days would have gone nuts over beating miami and northwestern. i don't remember it.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's a big deal what state the recruits come from. It's nice if we keep the in-state players for us fans, but in reality take the best kid they can get. If a kid from Fl wants to play, and go to school at Uconn I'm all 4 it. We have to wait and see if Coach P's incoming recruits are ready to play this year, and if they can how well can they play. For now on paper the kids they recruited look to be bigger, faster then in previous years. But will it translate on the field who knows, time will tell. Think they brought in much better competition for the 1's & 2's, and depth is what Uconn needs.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I don't think it's a big deal what state the recruits come from. It's nice if we keep the in-state players for us fans, but in reality take the best kid they can get. If a kid from Fl wants to play, and go to school at Uconn I'm all 4 it. We have to wait and see if Coach P's incoming recruits are ready to play this year, and if they can how well can they play. For now on paper the kids they recruited look to be bigger, faster then in previous years. But will it translate on the field who knows, time will tell. Think they brought in much better competition for the 1's & 2's, and depth is what Uconn needs.

i always want the best player possible. please don't confuse me for wanting a 3* from ct with no offers vs a 3* with 5 bcs offers from fl. our state puts out good enough players to fit that sometimes. i am big on home grown or region area because that helps build a fan base quicker and a youth following that translates for years to come. big publics hold there states down for the most part in big boy sports. just look at a psu or unc or uva in any sport recruit wise. look at Ind bball or MD lax etc...i want uconn to be on that level. where 7 of the 10 best fball players go to uconn, where we land this year drummond or dunn or iverson. where the top 5 baseball and soccer players all stay home instead of head to acc and sec teams etc....

Reaction Score
Does the staff get credit for reeling Stewart back home? He was once alleged to be a BC commit. I like what i am hearing on the recruiting trail, but i would rather win on the field. As for who is winning - I'll pass on the pundits telling me who is winning the primary and wait until Feb., to see who got what.

Reaction Score
I think shakim Phillips was from bc. So we have pick pocketed them as well

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I love to play the middle, so I will. Guys, BizLaw is right in that we should expect to keep some more of our home-grown talent by now. We are an established program (more established than we were 5 years ago) and by all accounts, Pasqualoni has many many ties with the CT high school community. Also, BC is coming off of some very mediocre football (some would say horrid), and they are coming into CT and poaching some very talented kids.

On the other hand, you're right that we likely wouldn't have acquired people like Cochran, Stewart, Shakim Phillips, and Noel Thomas under Edsall. I think that is fair to say and safe to say. I think that PP has done a good job of recruiting so far, but the expectations have to be higher for keeping the in-state kids, since that is his presumed forte. Does the conference crap weigh in on this? Probably. But the bottom line is that the in-state recruiting has been a little bitter-sweet up to this point.

Reaction Score
I want the new Big East to begin pronto so we can see which conference truly is better on the football field - the NBE or the ACC. I'm sure BC is making it a point to drub it into these recruits heads that are choosing between both schools that BC is playing in a more stable and superior conference, a conference that UConn was hoping to get into recently.

I want that to change ASAP. And you can't do that til you get on the gridiron and start winning OOC games and bowl games against other BCS opponents (esp those from the ACC!).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
for those who live and die by rivals, they have now updated noels page(interesting timing considering this convo).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is certainly an issue with losing so often to BC, but I can't get too upset over Boyle - he can look at the logjam at quarterback and see it might be an opportunity to get to the top of the depth chart faster elsewhere.

Reaction Score
CT recruit tangent: I saw an article suggesting a kid from Windsor verballed to UMess. Was UConn interested? Cole ...?...

Reaction Score
I want the new Big East to begin pronto so we can see which conference truly is better on the football field - the NBE or the ACC. I'm sure BC is making it a point to drub it into these recruits heads that are choosing between both schools that BC is playing in a more stable and superior conference, a conference that UConn was hoping to get into recently.

I want that to change ASAP. And you can't do that til you get on the gridiron and start winning OOC games and bowl games against other BCS opponents (esp those from the ACC!).

It won't matter who is better on the field. What will matter is who is perceived as having a seat at the table with the big boys. That will be the ACC, not the NNBE.

Reaction Score
Given the absence of automatic qualification in the new playoff structure I don't know how you say BCU has an easier road to the postseason... Florida st/Va Tech maybe, its not really a conference thing for the recruit unless he is an SEC/BIG 10 caliber player.

Reaction Score
Nobody in Beantown gives a rat's ass about BCU. Why are we wasting energy talking about them here?

Reaction Score
Nobody in Beantown gives a rat's ass about BCU. Why are we wasting energy talking about them here?

Well its not BCU that i'm really talking about, its this whole concept of Big 5 that people assume is being sold to recruits. The "Big 6" only mattered because they carried automatic qualification status to the best postseason bowls. Since that doesn't exist anymore there should be no reason to think commiting to a school just because their members of a certain conference is all that important (again this applies to all sans SEC). To recruits schools should be able to be sold simply on the merits of the school/facilities/coaches etc. because every team now really has the same chance at getting into the playoff.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
CT recruit tangent: I saw an article suggesting a kid from Windsor verballed to UMess. Was UConn interested? Cole ...?...

Cole Ormsby. thats a good pickup for them. he had 1 good showing not to long ago at some camp but besides that hes seen as low d1 it seems.

hes on that windsor 7-7 team thats pretty good. they have a good group of kids there this fall but none of them are elite talents. i think 3 or 4 will go d1. the one there to keep a eye on is Huff. hes borderline bcs talent. our staff has a good relationship with him. hes a bit small but fast and would be a interesting db to add to the class in the fall/winter if we miss on some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom