jason sylva | The Boneyard

jason sylva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

watch the vid and read description for any question u have about past. i have been going on and on about getting him for 2014 now and worry about paper work later to save ourselves a bad situation and show commitment to him. lets see if we sleep on this or act like a big boy school.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I hope we stick with the kid and the kid sticks with us. A good looking player...

Reaction Score
I want to make sure I follow you HFD. You want P out of here immediately, but at the same time you expect him to be recruiting not for just February but for 2/14?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we should verbal offer him and bryan right now. tell then they can verbal commit based off of the relationship they have already built with the school. both would do so imho. then tell them both can 2014 jan enroll as long as grades and papers are all set. sometime next fall uconn will have to get paperwork and stuff. lets not wait until then to let them back in. do it now! worst case is they dont have the paperwork somehow(i think they will both be fine) and u tell them sorry but blha blha. they can decommit and look elsewhere. kids dc all the time, i dont see why we need to this up on our end to be honest.

plus, if u get those 2 kids on right now u have so many added benefits
-you get the media going for next year, from a rivals recruit list for 2014 to a blog. showing signs of recruiting like a big boy will get u more emdia and more respect from the sites/blogs/writers. its how u push your school higher up the ladder
-hs kids never want to be the 1st commit to a class, it takes a special kid to pull that trigger usually unless were talking blueblood schools. we are not one of those, having 2 kids on board already makes things easier from that perspective. waiting for a old man on here to post that this is bs...
-it hooks up the dean lock for another year for sure. we may have it on lock down anyway, but it allows u to steer kids up there and when they visit have 2 uconn commits in there face the whole time. its working this year with burlingame up there and crew im sure. its a big part of filling and refilling the well.
-next years class is going to be small, if u add 2 commits quick your showing how valueable your spots ina rising program are going to be and it will help kids pull the trigger knowoing the offer is not going to last long most likely. for example this year i have talked a lot about kids dragging offers and its becuase this is a obvious big class so they know they have time. next year i think will be a bit different.

maybe i am to blue colored glasses on this idea, can any one argue with me about why not to have both of them on board right now? we know sylva is a player to get and we also know bryan is becuase he was on campus practicing with us for a month. so its not like we fear either may not pan out at juco and if that was ever the case then we dont have to mail them signing letters if u get the drift. i really can't find negatives to this move and i'm wondering why the staff doesn't do it...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I want to make sure I follow you HFD. You want P out of here immediately, but at the same time you expect him to be recruiting not for just February but for 2/14?

no, i want P gon and i want hank, foley, day and wholley to stay here. and i want those 4 to keep recruiting what they are doing. they are making great progress on the trail. p and d gave them many new connections and better relationships becuase of there past relationships. now these guys are the ones who are taking those new tools and using them to get us to the next level on the trail. i want a new HC and OC, i'm willing to stay inside or i'm looking for a splash. either way i need to see more from the 4 guys i listed here on the trail. i am fully committed as a fan to those 4 right now. i could be argued to include a 5th ast coach in theis group also ut my opinion is 50/50 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom