Jason Sylva to JUCO? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jason Sylva to JUCO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No, by the way, he probably does not have the right attitude. If he had the right attitude he most likely would have done what he needed to do in school to be in a position where he could help us next fall.

Attitude in life is measured by deeds. Not tweets.

football aside, @ 17/18 years old it's also learning that all actions have consequences and you either learn from them and move on or death spiral. It remains to be seen which path he ultimately takes.

Reaction Score
"No, by the way, he probably does not have the right attitude. If he had the right attitude he most likely would have done what he needed to do in school to be in a position where he could help us next fall.

Attitude in life is measured by deeds. Not by it's tweets."

Hopefully he will get his affairs in order. At least we have another MLB that can help us this fall. Jonathan "Hicks" the husky.

Reaction Score
i still don't understand how he goes from thinking he's graduating to needing two years in prep school. how can a kid be that confused about how many credits he needs?

Reaction Score
i still don't understand how he goes from thinking he's graduating to needing two years in prep school. how can a kid be that confused about how many credits he needs?

What's really odd about all of this is that just a few months ago he was intimating that he would be a Jan enrollee. Just an odd story.

Reaction Score

In HS, I think it mostly assumed that you take your classes and pass them, and move onto the next year. I know I never worried about how many credits I had in HS. That was the major difference between HS and college for me. Students tend to rely on advisors to help fill out their schedule and what classes to take in college, HS is much more scripted as far as what is to be taken each year. I agree it is a weird story, but why didn't someone help the kid get all the credits he needed?

Reaction Score
In HS, I think it mostly assumed that you take your classes and pass them, and move onto the next year. I know I never worried about how many credits I had in HS. That was the major difference between HS and college for me. Students tend to rely on advisors to help fill out their schedule and what classes to take in college, HS is much more scripted as far as what is to be taken each year. I agree it is a weird story, but why didn't someone help the kid get all the credits he needed?

The weird part is that it's Tabor. Elite Prep Schools drag kids, kicking and screaming, to academic performance. For 40 - 50K a year, that's what parents expect. A friend who went to Choate once told me that it was almost impossible to flunk-out. He did, however, manage to get kicked out.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
jason is going to deans spring game and has said he is commiting today to dean.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
just talked to sylva seeing if he had a update at all. he said he still is unsure of what year 13 or 14 he would be recruit class wise. he won't know until the credits issue he had is sorted out i guess. i hope he stays commited to uconn and i told him we all will be rooting for dean this year. a lot to look forward to for him and us on the recruit trail!

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I'm going to guess it might have something to do with the mid year transfer. He probably lost the whole year somehow. Remember this is the NCAA we're talking about, not a rational institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom