Jason Sylva to JUCO? | The Boneyard

Jason Sylva to JUCO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From reading his twitter it looks like it...

He tweeted: "JUCO ? Seriously .... Can't believe this at all"

And then he seemed to mention that it's due to his GPA.

I can't believe that a kid who was almost an early enrollee would end up having to go to JUCO. Does he go to Dean?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Who says it's even about him?

Edit: just read it myself. It does seem to be about him. My apologies. Could it just be a late April fools joke?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
hes going to dean and going to grey shirt the first year, play the 2nd year then goto uconn that janurary...its dobbs all over again btw.

i believe now that temple is in the BE its not a option but umass still could be...so its dean then uconn or umass for his choice.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
aj doyle is already recruiting him to umass. chesus this is getting ugly quick. doyle is a great looking qb that was commited to ncst or some southern acc school early in the process but he had clearing issues for those who don't know the deal and ended up at umass.

Reaction Score
damn. i was really excited about this kid. i really hope we bring him into school next year.

Reaction Score
This seem incomprehensible to me. The kid has been one of the most excited on twitter of anyone I've seen to be coming here, and now it all comes crashing do. Criticize whoever you choose, but that's sure got to sting.

I feel like all of our scholarships for next year are alloted with Dean kids. We're going to have no room for high schoolers.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This seem incomprehensible to me. The kid has been one of the most excited on twitter of anyone I've seen to be coming here, and now it all comes crashing do. Criticize whoever you choose, but that's sure got to sting.

I feel like all of our scholarships for next year are alloted with Dean kids. We're going to have no room for high schoolers.

kids can goto dean for 1 or 2 years depending on there qualifying situation. we are for sure using dean and directing alot of kids there. but its on those kids to improve in the classroom and on the field to earn a offer. some will be huskys i think but a good amount will goto umass and others also.

Reaction Score

How does a kid who spends a year at Tabor ( a real, or used to be real, Prep School maybe a half-rung below the Andover, St. Paul, Exeter and Choate types) not qualify? Maybe it has changed but I remember when Tabor was listed as the "High School" on many Ivy League FB and Hockey rosters. Makes no sense at all.

Reaction Score
Dean college is really starting to be a pit stop for the recruits that are academically inelligable. This sounds alot like Taylor Wrice from Bristol CT who last year was high on coming here. but got lost somewhere and now is going to Dean to maybe come here or Umass i believe.. do you guys think that now Umass is in the bcs that we may be fighting for recruits from them. before if a kid got a offer from uconn or umass the kid would most likely pick uconn but now im starting to wonder if new england kids see umass as a school on the rise in football and would like to make a career there rather then uconn.With victor cuz becoming a nfl star now coming out of umass i can see alot of the skilled position kids from around here thinking that they have a shot at the league. and i am sure the coaching staff will be telling them that to. uconn has donald brown but in all honestly hes been kind of a bust. but just wondering do you think umass can become the better school in football for years to come?

Reaction Score
How does a kid who spends a year at Tabor ( a real, or used to be real, Prep School maybe a half-rung below the Andover, St. Paul, Exeter and Choate types) not qualify? Maybe it has changed but I remember when Tabor was listed as the "High School" on many Ivy League FB and Hockey rosters. Makes no sense at all.

Tabor is a real prep school. Have nephews who went there. This is a very strange story, and I'd love to know what the heck really went on.

Reaction Score
He left Tabor in January and finished out his last semester in a nearby public school

Apparently he was supposed to enroll early, but Tabor screwed him over with credits so he switched schools

This isn't official or anything, it is just what I read on twitter.....however, he was pretty detailed about it when he tweeted

Reaction Score
“@Jsylv_huskies: I am still faithfully committed to UCONN but will need to spend my fresh and soph years doin what I need to to get back on track”

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its looking like dean. says hes still commited to us and he told taylor wrice hes his teammate now. good luck to jason, hope he turns this alla round and gets to the rent in 2 years. i imagine if everything goes well that the staff will bring him in in janurary so a year and a half of juco becuase he would be a contender to play right away at that point so a spring semester to learnt he system would be needed for him. we will be watching dean here on this board in the fall and this is just more incentive to pay attention on whats going on up there this fall with milford and the other preps/jcs also...

does this mean we have our 1st 2014 commit? i should add him and neally in each thread as potential verbals?

Reaction Score
He's got the right attitude... Just needs to execute. He was so pumped to get to Storrs.

“@Jsylv_huskies: Didn't clear thru the NCAA clearing house need to deal with this spendin the next two seasons at Junior College I remain committed to UCONN”

“@Jsylv_huskies: Waking up with the goal of becoming the best JUCO LB in the country as a freshman”

Reaction Score
He's got the right attitude... Just needs to execute. He was so pumped to get to Storrs.

“@Jsylv_huskies: Didn't clear thru the NCAA clearing house need to deal with this spendin the next two seasons at Junior College I remain committed to UCONN”

“@Jsylv_huskies: Waking up with the goal of becoming the best JUCO LB in the country as a freshman”
Dose he really need to spend 2 years at dean? cant you just go there for the fall semester play that season get your grades up and enroll for the spring semester.or if anything come in that summer. why 2 years thats along time and juco football would get boring to me if i have ambitions to be a BE football player.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dose he really need to spend 2 years at dean? cant you just go there for the fall semester play that season get your grades up and enroll for the spring semester.or if anything come in that summer. why 2 years thats along time and juco football would get boring to me if i have ambitions to be a BE football player.

its all a matter of how many credits he needs i think to enroll.

i'm pretty sure kids potentially can grey shirt at juco and get things done in 1 year but otherwise you red shirt 1 and play the other and then go bcs so u would have 3 years left fball wise.

but i'm not exactly sure how it can all be worked out or if its allowed to be hust 1 year.

Reaction Score
its all a matter of how many credits he needs i think to enroll.

i'm pretty sure kids potentially can grey shirt at juco and get things done in 1 year but otherwise you red shirt 1 and play the other and then go bcs so u would have 3 years left fball wise.

but i'm not exactly sure how it can all be worked out or if its allowed to be hust 1 year.
so are you saying if you have to be at dean for 2 years you would play 1 and not another so what year do you play then? your first year there or 2nd?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so are you saying if you have to be at dean for 2 years you would play 1 and not another so what year do you play then? your first year there or 2nd?

in jasons case if he had to go for 2 years(the more i think about it the more i think 2 years is how everyone has to do it) since he is already a proven recruit at the bcs level, it would be smart for him to rs his frosh year and play his soph year then enroll at uconn that janurary of year 2. just a guess. doing that burns his rs but it gives him 3 possible years to play at uconn instead of 2.

for other kids they are going juco tto get good enough to play at the bcs level so they will play both years to improve. leaving them with 2 years left elgibility wise...

think i need some 1 who understands this stuff better here to step in.

Reaction Score
i hear ya but
in jasons case if he had to go for 2 years(the more i think about it the more i think 2 years is how everyone has to do it) since he is already a proven recruit at the bcs level, it would be smart for him to rs his frosh year and play his soph year then enroll at uconn that janurary of year 2. just a guess. doing that burns his rs but it gives him 3 possible years to play at uconn instead of 2.

for other kids they are going juco tto get good enough to play at the bcs level so they will play both years to improve. leaving them with 2 years left elgibility wise...

think i need some 1 who understands this stuff better here to step in.
I hear ya..thats gotta be hard for a kid that is suppose to be here this fall playing(probley redshirting) and have to be at a boring juco (have heard that there's not much to do up at Dean) out of football and have to wait 2 years to play BE football. Do you know if Dean or juco allows him to red shirt like they do at D1 schools (like let him suit up for practice,scout team all that) basically everything but play?

Reaction Score
Dean college is really starting to be a pit stop for the recruits that are academically inelligable. This sounds alot like Taylor Wrice from Bristol CT who last year was high on coming here. but got lost somewhere and now is going to Dean to maybe come here or Umass i believe.. do you guys think that now Umass is in the bcs that we may be fighting for recruits from them. before if a kid got a offer from uconn or umass the kid would most likely pick uconn but now im starting to wonder if new england kids see umass as a school on the rise in football and would like to make a career there rather then uconn.With victor cuz becoming a nfl star now coming out of umass i can see alot of the skilled position kids from around here thinking that they have a shot at the league. and i am sure the coaching staff will be telling them that to. uconn has donald brown but in all honestly hes been kind of a bust. but just wondering do you think umass can become the better school in football for years to come?
UMass is in the MAC. That is not a BCS conference. They are D-1, and 2-3 MAC schools go to minor bowls (UConn played Buffalo in the defunct Int'l bowl, and Toledo in the Motor City bowl) but MAC schools cannot compete in BCS bowls. That's a huge recruiting advantage UConn has over UMass.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Why can't MAC schools compete in BCS bowls?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
MAC schools can play in BCS games if they are picked. For that to happen though is a long shot. ball st was a hot name a couple years ago. A MAC team would need several big time upsets early and to run the table for that to ever happen. The MAC is actually somewhat know for being a quarterback conf...

The MAC has no auto BCS bid like the SEC/BI6/B12/PAC/ACC/BE does now. Thats the huge recruit advantage we have over them plus the fact that they are just ariving now and we have been here for 10 years plus the fact of the burton facility etc etc....relax with the UMass is going to beat us out for players stuff. They are going to land some good players every year, the reaosn is becuase those players are partial qualifiers. Those kids can't go to a school like UConn or BCU. Its just the way the rules are in the BE and ACC. UMass can get kids like BSU/Temple/ECU/Marshall types have in the past 5 years(dobbs is a example). BSU and Temple can no longer do that and i hope i can say that for ECU soon also...

Reaction Score
He's got the right attitude... ”

No, by the way, he probably does not have the right attitude. If he had the right attitude he most likely would have done what he needed to do in school to be in a position where he could help us next fall.

Attitude in life is measured by deeds. Not tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom