January Transfer Window | The Boneyard

January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stevie G. to LA Galaxy on a free. Joining the team in June.

Reaction Score
Stevie G. to LA Galaxy on a free. Joining the team in June.

MLS definitely treats the LA Galaxy like royalty. Any word on who MLS may give the Red Bulls after losing Henry to retirement?

On the other side of the pond, still waiting impatiently for Wenger to open up the purse strings and grab a central defender and holding midfielder or two. If the Gunners want to finish in the top 4, this needs to be done. Then again, only been waiting for eternity for this.

Reaction Score
Wenger is targeting some undersized french center back. Seriously? I guess the business of soccer is winning, unless you are Arsenal:)

Reaction Score
Diskerud to NYC FC, Petke fired at Red Bulls.

Not sure if either move is good. NYCFC looks like it is going to be a mess coming out of the gate with no home field and issues as to whom its players play for - NYC FC of Man City. I liked Peke and he got them to the semi-finals in his second year. Not bad. I wonder if this is part of a cost-cutting move due to the rumored departure of Red Bulls Inc.

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-...-impacts-jesse-marsch-to-be-named-replacement

Reaction Score
Not sure if either move is good. NYCFC looks like it is going to be a mess coming out of the gate with no home field and issues as to whom its players play for - NYC FC of Man City. I liked Peke and he got them to the semi-finals in his second year. Not bad. I wonder if this is part of a cost-cutting move due to the rumored departure of Red Bulls Inc.

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-...-impacts-jesse-marsch-to-be-named-replacement

These New York clubs make the Knicks look competent.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Swansea looking like they're cashing in on Bony. Not really happy as I'm a Swans fan but I get why they're selling. 30 mill pounds is a lot of money. Just not sold on Gomis but we'll see more since Bony is away at African Cup.

Not sure they have the strikers to replace Bony.

Then again, you gotta wonder what some of these guys want. Bony has said he wants Champs League and I get it but once those Man City strikers come back, how much PT will he find? Reminds me of another Swansea player who got lost at Man City, Scott Sinclair

Reaction Score
Don't forget to repick your fantasy sides. Also, make sure you don't sign anybody from Africa or Asia because they are probably playing for their countries through February.

Reaction Score
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...xploring-mls-options-in-contract-discussions/

Jozy in talks with Toronto, NYRB and Port.

Sascha K. in talks with NYRB

Odd that Jozy has done very well on the USMNT, quite a bit of which dos not show-up on the scorecard; but, he has been historically inconsistent in league play. He scored at will during his initial run with the Red Bulls and then AZ in the Netherlands; but, has been abysmal with Villarreal (Spain), Hull (UK), and now Sunderland (UK). Maybe it in part due tot he higher skill level in the EPL and it is a league well known for physical play, which is Jozy's strength. Nevertheless, I wish him well in MLS of France because the US needs him in form for he Cups later this year and next year's start of Cup Qualifying.

Reaction Score
Odd that Jozy has done very well on the USMNT, quite a bit of which dos not show-up on the scorecard; but, he has been historically inconsistent in league play. He scored at will during his initial run with the Red Bulls and then AZ in the Netherlands; but, has been abysmal with Villarreal (Spain), Hull (UK), and now Sunderland (UK). Maybe it in part due tot he higher skill level in the EPL and it is a league well known for physical play, which is Jozy's strength. Nevertheless, I wish him well in MLS of France because the US needs him in form for he Cups later this year and next year's start of Cup Qualifying.

He looks like total garbage at Sunderland. He looks clumsy, uncoordinated and he has no touch. At first I used to hope he would get on the field and now when he does it's borderline embarrassing.

According to this site, Red Bulls are pretty much for sale and it's kind of an open secret.

http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/columns/lewis.php?article_id=39806

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Jozy probably needs MLS. Others it hurts growth. That's why Garber should shut up.

Reaction Score
Jozy needs to go back to the Dutch League or try Ligue One. Klinsmann would probably blow a circuit if he came back to MLS.

NYRB would be dumb to sign him. They already have Bradley Wright-Phillips on a Designated Player contract.

TFC might be a good fit since they are going to lose Defoe and getting some long balls from Bradley might make him more effective.

Portland? Maybe.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So there's a chance Messi could end up in the Premier League? How awesome would that be?

Reaction Score
So there's a chance Messi could end up in the Premier League? How awesome would that be?

It would be awesome, but Barcelona can't sign any players for a year. If they sold him, they wouldn't be able to sign anyone to replace him.

Reaction Score
According to this site, Red Bulls are pretty much for sale and it's kind of an open secret.

http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/columns/lewis.php?article_id=39806

Sad, the Red bulls, whose name I can't stand, have a good following and a great soccer venue just outside the country's largest city with access to mass transit and highways. Exactly what NYC FC needs. While NYC can support two MLS clubs unlike LA, MLS should be smart and make sure the existing team is stable as having 2 clubs in trouble in NYC would be foolish.

Reaction Score
Looks like it is official, Jozy is going from Sunderland (EPL) to Toronto (MLS). Main benefit I can see in this is providing time for Jozy and Bradley to work together regularly and hopefully reclaim their A games for the USMNT.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2242968/...ltidore-from-sunderland-for-jermain-defoecash

That's like going from Mordor to some other place that is really bad. I hate how MLS just decides to use the allocation order or in this case throws it out the window.

I would like to know what he is being paid, I heard he was asking for 6.5 mil a year, which is a joke.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm becoming more aware about European soccer, then I see this poll:

Who would you rather have in your team?
-Andre Schurrle
-Juan Cuadrado

Wha? What's the answer?

Reaction Score

-Andre Schurrle
-Juan Cuadrado

Wha? What's the answer?
Cuadrado...and it's about to get done for Chelsea. Cuadardo comes in, Schurrle will head back to Bundesliga where his game is better suited. Big question is how long it will take him to acclimate from the Colombian and Italian style of play to the game in and game out physical nature of the PL. Very different from Series A in terms of style of play.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

-Andre Schurrle
-Juan Cuadrado

Wha? What's the answer?
Depends on what you need. Personally I'd take Schurrle. I think he can play as the wing forward or the striker (if in a pinch). Cuadrado is a winger through and through. Also depends on of you are talking EPL team (which in this case it would be, Chelsea), then I'd want Schurrle since he's already played decently there. And he's bigger/stronger. However, you are talking Mourinho, so everything goes out the window. He wants a new toy. Schurrle is more like a poor man's Mueller (well they are both German). Cuadrado more like a poor man's Hazard. But Mourinho really likes Hazard. (who wouldn't?)

Either way you are getting a really good player. Do you like Germans or S Americans better??

Reaction Score
Anyone seen former Real Madrid player (now with Hamburg) Rafael Van der Vaart play lately? Apparently Sporting Kansas City wants to sign him and one of the owners and Peter Vermes met with him this weekend. Sounds like a waste of money but would like to hear otherwise.

Reaction Score
Anyone seen former Real Madrid player (now with Hamburg) Rafael Van der Vaart play lately? Apparently Sporting Kansas City wants to sign him and one of the owners and Peter Vermes met with him this weekend. Sounds like a waste of money but would like to hear otherwise.
He spent 3 seasons with Tottenham about 3 years ago (give or take) under 'arry Redknap. He was a solid player then, but got injered a bunch his final season at WHL if memory serves correct. It was a nice midfield with him, Modric, and Bale. He went to Hamburg after Tottenham and I never really heard much about him since. He was a Dutch national, but don't think he was on the 2014 WC team. He's got to be early-mid 30's age wise. He isn't going to give you 90 minutes, but could be a good 50-60 minute a game guy to start. Being from Amsterdam he's probably got the good weed hookup too...so that's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom