Jan 21: Baylor vs WV Televised Game MSG-Plus 2PM | The Boneyard

Jan 21: Baylor vs WV Televised Game MSG-Plus 2PM

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good opportunity to see our best rivals in action against a decent opponent in Waco.
Massey Prediction (83-55) . Hope a lot of good scouting and analysis is provided by the BY.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Baylor's in for a game against a fairly good shooting team in WV that has good size. Early on I've noticed that WV is FINALLY playing Davis as OSU and UConn played her. Back off of her, let her shoot that horrible shot, or let her make that spin move inside and stop/block her shot. Why doesn't everyone in that conference play her that way? Whenever I've watched Baylor almost all teams play up on her. Ridiculous.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Jones has a big ole mouse under her right eye. Baylor packing it inside now.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Jones has a big ole mouse under her right eye. Baylor packing it inside now.

Geez, was Alexis Jones in an MMA fight? That's a severe shiner.

West Virginia playing Baylor tough so far. 25-24 after Q1.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Suddenly WVA players playing Davis tight on the perimeter and as expected, she drives in for a layup. Absolutely baffling. Just let her shoot!

JordyG

Reaction Score
Geez, was Alexis Jones in an MMA fight? That's a severe shiner.

West Virginia playing Baylor tough so far. 25-24 after Q1.
If so she sure didn't get it from Rousey.

JordyG

Reaction Score
WVA playing hard. Not always smart or effective, but hard. Unlike UConn, I don't think WVA has the conditioning to play 4 quarters like this.

JordyG

Reaction Score
2 secs left in the half, play goes off a WVA foot and WVA gets the inbounds. Mulkey rightly cross-eyed.

Plebe

Reaction Score
If so she sure didn't get it from Rousey.

I was just thinking, maybe she was auditioning to be Rousey's body double for her next fight.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Great game. WVU is playing some really good ball and I think this game will be close until the end unless they poop out in the fourth quarter. Will depth be a factor? We shall see.

Kalani Brown is really a handful inside. And Mompremier has played some of her best offense of the season.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Baylor is impressive, but WV is playing tough. For a second there I thought the late 2d quarter out of bounds call was going to produce a classic Mulkey clothing toss, but no. :(

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor is impressive, but WV is playing tough. For a second there I thought the late 2d quarter out of bounds call was going to produce a classic Mulkey clothing toss, but no. :(

It's still early.

I think that for the most part the refs are doing a good job. This game is pretty physical so they have a lot to monitor.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I was just thinking, maybe she was auditioning to be Rousey's body double for her next fight.
No one wants to needlessly take that kind of pounding.

Reaction Score

Plebe

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Uconn will beat Baylor if they meet again. It's the system. Both theirs and ours.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The refs really stole the momentum from West Virginia with a horrible no-call. With WV within 4 points, Baylor got away with an OBVIOUS foul on the offensive rebound, which they then converted for 2.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Beyond the Baylor - UConn game, this game vs WV shows that Baylor is not invincible. They are still very much the favorites to win the Big12, but an upset is certainly a possibility.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Credit to West Virginia. That's by far the best I've seen them play. They did well to stay close with Baylor the entire game. I said a few days ago that I'd be shocked if any Big 12 team stayed within single digits of Baylor, and WVU sure did it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
WV was not intimidated by Baylor's size. They drove to the basket multiple times. Impressive. I bet they move up some in the rankings.

IMHO, Baylor is fairly pedestrian defensively, shooting and in their offensive schemes but their offensive rebounding is tough and can really imperil UConn both on the scoreboard and with fouls.

On the bright side, once Baylor got Montgomery in foul trouble, I thought they would fold but they did not. WV actually had more offensive rebounds than Baylor (16-14). WV played with great effort. Kudos

Cox is still not ready for prime time but Cave, Brown and Mompremier are all tough.

Nina Davis looked pretty good but UConn knows how to deal with her. The other guards and wings were ok but
I think WV outplayed them

I was really impressed by the sportsmanship of Kim Mulkey. Very positive things to say about their opponent unlike some other
coaches I might name :rolleyes:

I hope we play them in the FF in their own back yard. Natalie will need to bring it. It will be fun. :D:D

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The refs really stole the momentum from West Virginia with a horrible no-call. With WV within 4 points, Baylor got away with an OBVIOUS foul on the offensive rebound, which they then converted for 2.

Yep, that one call basically cost them the game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Uconn will beat Baylor if they meet again. It's the system. Both theirs and ours.

Will depend on foul trouble and injuries. If UCONN goes into the game with a six player rotation I like Baylor's chances.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom