JAMAR SUMMERS to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

JAMAR SUMMERS to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think this one tweet, taken without context, is nearly enough to hang the kid. As HFDan said- and his tweet reading skills are nonparaleil- we have no idea what this tweet is in response to...it could have been in response to him going to UMass for all we know. If it was, then his tweet makes perfect sense.

I get the outrage, but I don't believe it's warranted nor fair to Summers. Let's welcome him to Huskynation. Save our anger for UMass.

"Anything good"? That's almost a slap in the face to UConn. If I HCPP, I'd consider pulling the offer. This kid has the chance to go to a school that is very hard to get into nowadays and he's worried about "anything good"?

Reaction Score
Hey you know what? You want these kids to be loyal about their verbal commits. Put up a season in 2012 to make them want to be committed to UConn. Right now winning solves a lot of things for the Huskies. Win all the non-conference games(especially the one everyone will be watching...at Maryland), win the conference, win the BCS bowl. That will turn heads in our direction fast.

To paraphrase Steve Martin:

"So, you want to be a millionaire and not pay taxes? First, get a million bucks.

Reaction Score
These are the most useless posts. 16!yr old kids will tweet anything. They just don't care. Be happy that he said that he would discuss w/parents. We take for granted way too much.

Reaction Score
There is only one school in the country that can rescind offers of verbal commits when they waver in their commitment and have great success and that's Texas.

I love UConn, but if he gets an offer from USC and turns it down to go to UConn, he's an idiot.

pj

Reaction Score
I love UConn, but if he gets an offer from USC and turns it down to go to UConn, he's an idiot.

I disagree ... lots of highly ranked recruits have gone to USC and failed, lots of lower ranked recruits have come to UConn and made the NFL. I'm not saying UConn is better for everyone, but for some people it is.

Reaction Score
I disagree ... lots of highly ranked recruits have gone to USC and failed, lots of lower ranked recruits have come to UConn and made the NFL. I'm not saying UConn is better for everyone, but for some people it is.

UConn's program does not compare to USC's in any way. They still put a far higher percentage of their guys in the NFL.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
UConn's program does not compare to USC's in any way. They still put a far higher percentage of their guys in the NFL.
That doesn't mean they are a perfect match for every guy. Some guys need to get on the field for four years to fully blossom at college. You have a better shot at doing that at UConn. Sometimes style of play can make certain players choose a program over another. Sometimes you have a better relationship with the position coach at one program over another.

pj

Reaction Score

Because they get better guys to begin with. The question for a recruit should be, "Which program will do the best job at getting ME to the NFL?" I think UConn stacks up well against any program in the country at that. But every player will have a better or worse fit with certain schools. Some players will fit especially well at UConn.

Reaction Score
That doesn't mean they are a perfect match for every guy. Some guys need to get on the field for four years to fully blossom at college. You have a better shot at doing that at UConn. Sometimes style of play can make certain players choose a program over another. Sometimes you have a better relationship with the position coach at one program over another.

Of course some things matter to some recruits and some different things matter to other recruits.

But I'm saying that nobody on here should be upset if a kid de-commits from UConn and goes to a blue blood. We're just not even close to that level yet.

Reaction Score
It's not about committing to UConn and then going elsewhere. It's about insulting us (UConn) by saying he committed here but if something better comes along........

We need to stop using the "He's just a kid" line. In the past 10 years I can't remember reading one quote like we've seen twice this year from a recruit.

Doesn't mean it didn't happen but I don't remember. I'm sure others have felt this way but were smart enough to keep it to themselves.

Not like these recruits are such studs they will have multiple offers from top schools either.

Do you really want these recruits here on visits telling other recruits "Yeah I committed but I'm hearing from RU and might go with them. You should check out RU too".

I promise you the coaches won't let these guys around other recruits

pj

Reaction Score
I think you're over-reading this. First, he said he committed because he thinks we're his best available opportunity. Isn't that why everyone commits everywhere? Second, he said if another good opportunity came along he would discuss it with his parents. Isn't that what everyone would do? He didn't say he would drop UConn for another school that earlier, pre-commitment, he might have considered better. He just said he'd discuss it with the most trusted people in his life.

So all he did was honestly say he would do what anyone else in his position would do.

Reaction Score
Because a kid would discuss other offers with his parents we devote 4 pages??? Wow

Reaction Score
He said better opportunity, not good. Big, big difference. Not other offers, better offers.

If people are ok with him using us as a safety net, fine. I'm not. I want kids who see the great opportunity UConn offers. A forum like this is for oppinions .

If we can have a thread with 100 pages about the ACC 4 pages is not a big deal.

Reaction Score
He said better opportunity, not good. Big, big difference. Not other offers, better offers.

If people are ok with him using us as a safety net, fine. I'm not. I want kids who see the great opportunity UConn offers. A forum like this is for oppinions .

If we don't play the "flipping" game, we have no chance at ever being big time in college football. Coach P understands this.

Reaction Score

The staff at the rivals discussion board says that his account was hacked into. So he probably didn't write it.

Reaction Score
The staff at the rivals discussion board says that his account was hacked into. So he probably didn't write it.

Well if Rivals staff said it then it must be true. My guess is their source is Jamar.

:confused:

Reaction Score

Oof. Better to not say anything, than to use the hacked excuse.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oof. Better to not say anything, than to use the hacked excuse.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It's still a better excuse than Kobe's "My shirt had a drink spilled on it and while I was waiting for it to get cleaned I was photographed topless next to two young women at a club in Barcelona, neither or whom are my wife, while checking my cell phone" excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom