JAMAR SUMMERS to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
merged threads...

1- we have a nj commit???

2- i see the stuff on him now. i got a text saying we got a nj commit. got hyped thinking it was miller for a sec(longshot crazy lol) its on the sites and dez had it right away it looks like. just found his twitter. umass offered it looks like. gonna dig some now. he must have killed it at a camp, look like a db.

pj

Reaction Score
Jamar Summers ... I don't know anything about him.

APA

Reaction Score
Not in Scout databank at all. In Rivals he is listed, but not ranked. Ultimate under the radar. Looks like one other offer, that being UMass.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
yea not sure about this. looks like RE under the radar type. he must have killed it at camp, thats the only thing i can think of. ifs thats true then maybe he is a late bloomer and we have something. hes in espn as well as rivals but jot scout or 247.

while the umass offer isn't a bcs offer, its a mac offer which at least tells me they also saw something at camp i guess or on a film we dont have public. i'll wait and see on this one at this point. but fwiw while most of this class seems to be nice, 2 of the lesser pieces are dbs. summers and lucas...

pj

Reaction Score
It's funny because there were a lot of highly rated DBs we didn't offer. Maybe Don Brown prefers guys he can see at camp?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
maybe SJscout has some info possibly for us?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Per his twitter: "thats where I wanna go so I verbally, but if anything good come along I'll talk it over with my fam."

If the staff is confident enough in him to offer, I'm all for it, but it's really tough to get excited about a verbal commitment these days.

Reaction Score
So the twitter translation is "This is the best offer I have so far, but if a better one comes along, I am gone".

Reaction Score
I don't know what to make of that twitter comment, so I will have a tongue sandwich for dinner tonight.

Reaction Score
Tough to like a tweet like that, but welcome aboard Jamar. Hopefully, you'll soon realize that UConn, is the best place for you barnone.

Reaction Score
Would love for a UConn coach to tell this kid "You have an offer from us unless someone better comes along"

All kidding aside I would love for a coach to ccoach to call him out on this and ask him to explain what he means by this tweet.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Stats last year: 3 interceptions 24 tackles on defense, 28 receptions 580 yards 9 tds on offense. 8 games on each side of the ball.

His Twitter: https://twitter.com/jamar_tweets NSFW

He's run 11.22 in the 100m and 22.81 in the 200m. http://nj.milesplit.com/athletes/2792576-jamar-summers
Not exactly blazing speed for a DB. This would be 4.52 in the 40 but I'm not using the 100m is an accurate gauge of his 40 time. Not liking his comment about better offers. This is the second commit in the last week I've seen make a comment like that (the other was the 5' 8 wide receiver who formerly commited to Oregon State and Fresno State). If a better offer comes, great for them, until then, zip your lips.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Would love for a UConn coach to tell this kid "You have an offer from us unless someone better comes along"

All kidding aside I would love for a coach to ccoach to call him out on this and ask him to explain what he means by this tweet.
You guys are incredibly thin skinned. Coaches do this all the time. You're always hearing about kids who thought they had offers and then they're gone. Granted the kid is nuts for saying this, but he's a kid.

Reaction Score
I think you withdraw his offer. Obviously this kid is not mature enough to understand the definition of commit.

I agree with the sentiment. Were I his recruiting coach I'ld call him up and tell him we're not ducking around. We're committed to him, IF he's committed to us. We have no intention of rescinding the offer as long as he has no intention of backing out of his commitment. Are you committed son - yes or no?!!

Awful process and these kids are learning very bad habbits.

Reaction Score
You guys are incredibly thin skinned. Coaches do this all the time. You're always hearing about kids who thought they had offers and then they're gone. Granted the kid is nuts for saying this, but he's a kid.

When a school offers a kid I'm sure there are times the kid is told "You have an offer and we will accept your committment but we have other offers out and if we get a commit at your position before you commit we will have to rescind the offer."

Not even close to the same thing.

As for being a kid. He better grow up quick. This is big boy football where maturity is key to success.

Reaction Score
Not sure what he meant by that. Maybe dez can clarify. He speaks a different dialect than I do.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
for the record, i looked at that tweet. the person hes having a convo with is locked so we have no clue what the actual q and a really is. its also before we knew about the commit so he could have been talking about a lesser school(umass) and one of our coaches saw a opportunity(he was i guess on the radar) and swooped in quickly...yes thats right, i just said that.

Reaction Score

I am far less bothered by the "morality" of this -- remember, the NCAA rule is that either side is free to do whatever they want up to February 1st -- than by the kid not having the intelligence to shut his trap.

Reaction Score
Hey you know what? You want these kids to be loyal about their verbal commits. Put up a season in 2012 to make them want to be committed to UConn. Right now winning solves a lot of things for the Huskies. Win all the non-conference games(especially the one everyone will be watching...at Maryland), win the conference, win the BCS bowl. That will turn heads in our direction fast.

Reaction Score
Per his twitter: "thats where I wanna go so I verbally, but if anything good come along I'll talk it over with my fam."
"Anything good"? That's almost a slap in the face to UConn. If I HCPP, I'd consider pulling the offer. This kid has the chance to go to a school that is very hard to get into nowadays and he's worried about "anything good"?

Reaction Score
I don't particularly like these comments either.....but the days of pulling offers when kids take other visits is long gone. Our former coach doesn't even do it anymore.

Time to put on our big boy pants and stop worrying when 18 year old kids make stupid comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom