Jalen 1 of 5 players in entire country | The Boneyard

Jalen 1 of 5 players in entire country

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I see Jalen as Kemba level next year.
He's already ahead of kemba at this stage of his sophomore year and I would also say bazz. If he puts in the work to limit turnovers, continue to improve his midrange game, and definitely his 3point shooting he'll be tops in the country. It also has to do if the rest of the team continues to improve as well

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm going to get a handle on this before you guys jinx things.

Dyson had better numbers than this at a comparable point of the season his senior year. Unfortunately JC lost confidence with soph Kemba and moved JD to the one until late in the season.

But JA is handling the switch much better than JD was able to do. I'm going to argue based on this KO gets more out of his players switching out of position than JC. :cool:

Reaction Score
Looks like its actually 6 players so far in this category:
Jalen Adams (UConn - sophomore)
Jon Elmore (Marshall - junior)
De'Aaron Fox (UK - freshman)
Markelle Fultz (UW - freshman)
Monte Morris (ISU - senior)
Dennis Smith Jr. (NC State - freshman)​

But if Jalen keeps up the pace, he'd join these other sophomores in the 15, 6, 4 club:
Code:
Player             Season                   School  TRB AST  PTS
Kris Dunn         2014-15               Providence  5.5 7.5 15.6
Kay Felder        2014-15                  Oakland  4.8 7.6 18.1
Jalan West        2013-14       Northwestern State  4.0 6.4 19.4
Chaz Williams     2011-12            Massachusetts  4.4 6.2 16.9
D.J. Cooper       2010-11                     Ohio  5.0 7.5 15.8
Nate Wolters      2010-11       South Dakota State  4.6 6.1 19.5
Nick Calathes     2008-09                  Florida  5.3 6.4 17.2
Greivis Vasquez   2007-08                 Maryland  5.7 6.8 17.0
Chris Paul        2004-05              Wake Forest  4.5 6.6 15.3
David Bailey      2000-01              Loyola (IL)  4.3 6.1 17.3
Speedy Claxton    1997-98                  Hofstra  4.6 7.2 16.3
Jason Kidd        1993-94 University of California  6.9 9.1 16.7

More in-depth look here: Player Season Finder Query Results | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Reaction Score
Looks like its actually 6 players so far in this category:
Jalen Adams (UConn - sophomore)
Jon Elmore (Marshall - junior)
De'Aaron Fox (UK - freshman)
Markelle Fultz (UW - freshman)
Monte Morris (ISU - senior)
Dennis Smith Jr. (NC State - freshman)​

But if Jalen keeps up the pace, he'd join these other sophomores in the 15, 6, 4 club:
Code:
Player             Season                   School  TRB AST  PTS
Kris Dunn         2014-15               Providence  5.5 7.5 15.6
Kay Felder        2014-15                  Oakland  4.8 7.6 18.1
Jalan West        2013-14       Northwestern State  4.0 6.4 19.4
Chaz Williams     2011-12            Massachusetts  4.4 6.2 16.9
D.J. Cooper       2010-11                     Ohio  5.0 7.5 15.8
Nate Wolters      2010-11       South Dakota State  4.6 6.1 19.5
Nick Calathes     2008-09                  Florida  5.3 6.4 17.2
Greivis Vasquez   2007-08                 Maryland  5.7 6.8 17.0
Chris Paul        2004-05              Wake Forest  4.5 6.6 15.3
David Bailey      2000-01              Loyola (IL)  4.3 6.1 17.3
Speedy Claxton    1997-98                  Hofstra  4.6 7.2 16.3
Jason Kidd        1993-94 University of California  6.9 9.1 16.7

More in-depth look here: Player Season Finder Query Results | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

It would be really interesting to know of the players who ended up averaging 15, 6, & 4, how many came back to play the following season. I know that at least 4 of the current 6 will not be back, and I am not sure about Jon Elmore (never heard of him before).

I am not advocating for Jalen to enter the draft, I strongly believe coming back will be the right choice and I think he will be back. I just hope that the rest of college bball realizes what Jalen is doing this year. I hope going into next year when the "experts" talk about best player in college bball the words Jalen and Adams are a prerequisite.

Also Jason kid was a baller in college!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Shot isn't wet enough yet, but Kemba transformed in the offseason between year 2 and 3.
It was the away game against nova his sophomore year from what I remember but I would never have guessed he'd turn into a legend

Reaction Score
It would be really interesting to know of the players who ended up averaging 15, 6, & 4, how many came back to play the following season. I know that at least 4 of the current 6 will not be back, and I am not sure about Jon Elmore (never heard of him before).

I am not advocating for Jalen to enter the draft, I strongly believe coming back will be the right choice and I think he will be back. I just hope that the rest of college bball realizes what Jalen is doing this year. I hope going into next year when the "experts" talk about best player in college bball the words Jalen and Adams are a prerequisite.

Also Jason kid was a baller in college!
Yeah, I've thought about this a lot as well. Have to think he'd have a decent chance at being a preseason All-American.

Reaction Score
He's already ahead of kemba at this stage of his sophomore year and I would also say bazz. If he puts in the work to limit turnovers, continue to improve his midrange game, and definitely his 3point shooting he'll be tops in the country. It also has to do if the rest of the team continues to improve as well

The stats to back this up

Reaction Score
I'm going to get a handle on this before you guys jinx things.

Dyson had better numbers than this at a comparable point of the season his senior year. Unfortunately JC lost confidence with soph Kemba and moved JD to the one until late in the season.

But JA is handling the switch much better than JD was able to do. I'm going to argue based on this KO gets more out of his players switching out of position than JC. :cool:

Nice..but it was a mistake to consider JA a 2 instead of a 1. Ollie moved JA back to his actual position.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Nice..but it was a mistake to consider JA a 2 instead of a 1. Ollie moved JA back to his actual position.
JA was a combo guard throughout AAU and high school, including at Brewster. David Crisp (who's now at UW), was the primary initiator of the offense when Jalen was a senior, and there were other guys in line before that.

You could see it last year when Jalen was asked to play point. He was excellent at getting into the lane and finding people, but less so at running the offense itself. It didn't really click for him in that regard until the first half of the Auburn game this season, and he's been excellent (when not concussed, or playing at SMU) ever since.

Reaction Score
5 or so games ago in-game chat I implored Jalen to stay for another year. Several people questioned me, as if my implications that he may enter the draft and may get picked up.

The analysts and scouts that matter, who work for NBA franchises, will find stats like this

To average 15pts, 6 asts, and 4 rebounds. Paul Biancardi only named Dearon Fox, fultz, and denis smith. But I responded to his tweet with Jalens stats.

He is in elite company.

and see what he was able to do it with, AND see his athletic ability, overall potential, and improved shooting, and may take a shot with him.

...LeBron sure likes UConn guards and says he needs a PG... he could use a young, talented, moldable one.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
5 or so games ago in-game chat I implored Jalen to stay for another year. Several people questioned me, as if my implications that he may enter the draft and may get picked up.

The analysts and scouts that matter, who work for NBA franchises, will find stats like this

and see what he was able to do it with, AND see his athletic ability, overall potential, and improved shooting, and may take a shot with him.

...LeBron sure likes UConn guards and says he needs a PG... he could use a young, talented, moldable one.
Easy. The draft is stacked. If Adams comes back and improves he's a lottery

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
JA was a combo guard throughout AAU and high school, including at Brewster. David Crisp (who's now at UW), was the primary initiator of the offense when Jalen was a senior, and there were other guys in line before that.

You could see it last year when Jalen was asked to play point. He was excellent at getting into the lane and finding people, but less so at running the offense itself. It didn't really click for him in that regard until the first half of the Auburn game this season, and he's been excellent (when not concussed, or playing at SMU) ever since.
Don't think this is true. I watched Brewster a few times when Adams was there, and I remember him being the primary ball handler/distributor for that team. But maybe I'm wrong.

FWIW I wanted Crisp out of high school, and now he's a really nice player for Washington.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I understand Jalen was a "combo guard" throughout high school but he looked lost with Aterique running the point earlier this year.

He's been a MUCH better player at the point this year.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I understand Jalen was a "combo guard" throughout high school but he looked lost with Aterique running the point earlier this year.

He's been a MUCH better player at the point this year.

He did . And I said it before but God willing hes back, the ball needs to be run through him more than ko had initial designs on the first few games when Gilbert was in too. KO coaching his butt off recently . Im sure he sees it too.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He did . And I said it before but God willing hes back, the ball needs to be run through him more than ko had initial designs on the first few games when Gilbert was in too. KO coaching his butt off recently . Im sure he sees it too.
it should be like kemba and bazz... what ever happened offensively kemba ran it unless he got winded and bazz took over

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
it should be like kemba and bazz... what ever happened offensively kemba ran it unless he got winded and bazz took over
Jalen and Alterique should play off of each other, amplifying their strengths...but this is Jalen's team and it needs to stay that way. Alterique and MAL (and Vital) will give some great talent and flexibility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom