Jake Golic to Cincy for final yr of eligibility | The Boneyard

Jake Golic to Cincy for final yr of eligibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Zero career receptions

Yup... "Golic appeared in two games for the Fighting Irish in both the 2010 and 2012 seasons, with zero receptions. He also participated in special teams.". As a CT kid - I wish him well.

Would have been nice only for the shill factor of his dad for UConn.;)

Reaction Score
I agree, he can go wherever. Kid is a bust. Father gets him into ND. Glad to see other kid went undrafted. Golic is so annoying.

SCREW him and his father!!!!:(

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Daddy and wife were hanging out at the spring game and chatting up Warde on the field afterwards. I wonder if he was trying to get the kid in here?

Reaction Score
You guys are brutal. I mean harping on his stats like that.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You guys are brutal. I mean harping on his stats like that.
What stats?

Yup... "Golic appeared in two games for the Fighting Irish in both the 2010 and 2012 seasons, with zero receptions. He also participated in special teams.". As a CT kid - I wish him well.

Would have been nice only for the shill factor of his dad for UConn.;)

Whether you like Mike Golic (or Mike and Mike in the Morning by extention) is a moot point. He's syndicated on almost every ESPN Radio affiliate in the country during the morning drive and every time he mentions his kids, he almost always mentions their school. It would have good free publicity...

On the other hand ESPN allegedly had a hand in bannishing both UConn and Cinci to a have-not conference, so they may make use of the 7 second delay to bleep out Jake's new institute of higher learning.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He's not a bust. Anyone paying attention knew he shouldn't have been at the level. I have no idea why Cinci wants him.

Reaction Score
He's not a bust. Anyone paying attention knew he shouldn't have been at the level. I have no idea why Cinci wants him.

With Kelce gone to NFL and returning TEs having one catch between them - no risk and free publicity?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It MUST be for the publicity because with the Golic add they now have THREE tight ends with one catch between them.

Reaction Score
Cincy fan here. I was also confused as to why we were taking him. But we've been told that he's not going to be on scholarship. He's coming to attend grad school in industrial design (a top 5 program in that field). We don't have much in the way of experience at the TE position so he may see some time although there is some good young talent that I'd wager will pass him by. Probably will contribute more on special teams if I had to guess.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Yeah I sat behind Big Mike and his wife at the spring game and he mentioned that UConn was still in the running. I had no idea he still had a kid being recruited until I heard he was a fifth year senior.

Reaction Score
Too bad. I don't know him, but I know people that do. Heard he is a good kid. I wish him well as he starts his life.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It is probably a mute point at this time, but Golic did not come to UConn, not because he didn't want to, but becuase he could not get into the Graduate Program he applied to. It is very similar to the Frey issue of a couple of years ago. I know this second hand, through a conversation with his father.

I hope I don't open up the Pandora's Box that this issue did with Frey, solely on the fact that Frey seemed much more valuable to us then Golic ever would have been.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
It is probably a mute point at this time, but Golic did not come to UConn, not because he didn't want to, but becuase he could not get into the Graduate Program he applied to.

Do you really believe that is why Golic didn't come to UConn?! The minute he got a ND (gift) offer, he was never going anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom