Jade Williams?? | The Boneyard

Jade Williams??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have not heard much about UConn and Jade Williams since they did a home visit with her.

The coaches have been out and about visiting other recruits but I have not heard it mentioned that any of the coaches have gone to any of her games this season.

Is UConn still pursuing her or is she still interested in UConn???

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
From a Jan. 22, 2016 article about Moriah and recruiting in Texas:

UConn made a run at landing Lauren Cox, the top-rated player in the current high school senior class. They are actively recruiting top Class of 2017 prospects Lexi Gordon and Jade Williams, who are among the nine Texas products in the top 40 in ESPN’s Class of ‘17 rankings. While Auriemma can’t speak about specific unsigned Texas high school stars, he did talk in general terms about the talent available in Texas.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Perhaps Coco will again chime in on this.

Reaction Score
Has Jade Williams attended any of our games this season? Have Uconn coaches visited any of her games recently? Yeses to at least one of those questions would provide some up-to-date information on mutual interest by Williams and Uconn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Perhaps Coco will again chime in on this.
Nan pretty much nailed it. UCONN is in pursuit of Jade Williams & Charli Collier as post players from Texas but keep in mind the coaches are restricted from commenting on any recruits until after they sign NLI.

Reaction Score
I am with JDUBCT. If one of the coaches have attended one of her games or if she is planning to attend a UConn game. That will say how interested either party is.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Jade Home visit.jpg

Has Jade Williams attended any of our games this season? Have Uconn coaches visited any of her games recently? Yeses to at least one of those questions would provide some up-to-date information on mutual interest by Williams and Uconn.
Q: Has Jade Williams attended any of our games this season?
A: Not that I'm aware of. Jade's Mom provided an update in September which indicated that the family would be conducting home visits with Notre Dame 9/16 ,Utah 9/17, UConn 9/18 (Slu provided picture above) & Duke 9/23.
Q: Have Uconn coaches visited any of her games recently?
A: Not that I'm aware of.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am with JDUBCT. If one of the coaches have attended one of her games or if she is planning to attend a UConn game. That will say how interested either party is.
Maybe. Another explanation is that the family maybe controlling the recruiting process and have already decided when and where the next contact will be. For example the family could have decided no contact during her HS season or until they narrow the list down.

Reaction Score
Well I am keeping my fingers crossed that we are still actively recruiting her. We need a few bigs in the next few recruiting classes.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/8

Plano Prestonwood lost their state title game. Jade Williams had 14 points to lead the team. She had 11 points and 10 boards in the semi but was saddled with foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Maybe. Another explanation is that the family maybe controlling the recruiting process and have already decided when and where the next contact will be. For example the family could have decided no contact during her HS season or until they narrow the list down.
Coco, I noticed that Lindsay Jarosinski (2018) has UCONN listed as one of the schools she is considering - do you know if there is any interest on either side or is this another case of a recruit listing all of the schools currently in the news?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco, I noticed that Lindsay Jarosinski (2018) has UCONN listed as one of the schools she is considering - do you know if there is any interest on either side or is this another case of a recruit listing all of the schools currently in the news?

There are at least two very reliable sources indicating that Lindsay Jarosinski has been on UCONN radar.
From the Chicago Tribune all the way back to Nov, 2014

"Lindsey Jarosinski, Montini, Fr., C
The 6-4 center is a physical low-post scorer and rebounder with good footwork. Already tabbed a starter, Jarosinski has Division I offers and has interest from UConn and Louisville.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-spt-1121-prep-girls-basketbal-top-underclassmen-20141120-story.html

An there was a positng by Slu around the May 2016 time frame that she was still on UCONN radar

Incidentally, there are at least 5 other players on UConn's radar who are trying out for the under-16 team:
Kasiyahna Kushkituah, Honesty Grayson, Bexley Wallace, Lindsey Jarosinski, and Aquira DeCosta.

I have not read anything recently where UCONN has gone to see her play and there is much more two-way buzz with UCONN around Charli Collier.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
There are at least two very reliable sources indicating that Lindsay Jarosinski has been on UCONN radar.
From the Chicago Tribune all the way back to Nov, 2014

"Lindsey Jarosinski, Montini, Fr., C
The 6-4 center is a physical low-post scorer and rebounder with good footwork. Already tabbed a starter, Jarosinski has Division I offers and has interest from UConn and Louisville.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-spt-1121-prep-girls-basketbal-top-underclassmen-20141120-story.html

An there was a positng by Slu around the May 2016 time frame that she was still on UCONN radar

I have not read anything recently where UCONN has gone to see her play and there is much more two-way buzz with UCONN around Charli Collier.
There is just this Gollum entity in me that always grits his teeth and says "Mine Mine Mine"! Part of me is such a selfish pig that wants them all. My therapist says however I'm much better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom