Jacoby Ellsbury | The Boneyard

Jacoby Ellsbury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jacoby is sure to test the free agent market and I think his chances of signing with the Sox are slim. Would the Yankees be interested in him? At one time I would have said yes, but I really don't think he is that much of an upgrade over Brett Gardner. They are both fast runners and good outfielders with relatively weak arms. Neither is a power hitter although Jacoby is a slightly better hitter. I think the Yankees would pass on Jacoby choosing to spend their money elsewhere. Any thoughts?

Reaction Score
Jacoby is sure to test the free agent market and I think his chances of signing with the Sox are slim. Would the Yankees be interested in him? At one time I would have said yes, but I really don't think he is that much of an upgrade over Brett Gardner. They are both fast runners and good outfielders with relatively weak arms. Neither is a power hitter although Jacoby is a slightly better hitter. I think the Yankees would pass on Jacoby choosing to spend their money elsewhere. Any thoughts?

They are both injury prone and he can't throw worth a lick......I take Granderson in a second!!

Reaction Score
I bet the Mets go hard after Jacoby. He fills two key needs...lead off and CFer....

Reaction Score
You guys will probably get Steven Drew.
I think Farrell really likes Drew and would like to bring him back for one more year. The problem is that Drew will be looking for a multi-year contract so he is gone for sure. I am pretty sure they will bring Napoli back and will try to sign Salty. The biggest question for the Sox will be can Jackie Bradley Jr. replace Jacoby. I still think he can. His biggest problem right now is confidence.

Reaction Score
So the TWO threads about Sox steamrolling towards locking up homefield throughout the playoffs AND nearly decimating the Yankees post-season chances are about CONTRACTS for next year and beyond?!! What's the point in worrying or talking about that? The goal or purpose of putting a player under contract is to make the playoffs and win games, YET in the midst of doing so the prospective contracts dominate the conversation?

I don't understand fans fascination with this and continual desire to play speculative GM. Who cares, what we say, think or write isn't going to make a bit of difference. Teams make their choices and we are stuck rooting for the guy in the laundry regardless.

That can be awfully fun when a bunch of random bearded guys are wearing that laundry. Sox hammered the Yankees this year and sent them scurrying away this weekend. We've got better things to think about.

Reaction Score
So the TWO threads about Sox steamrolling towards locking up homefield throughout the playoffs AND nearly decimating the Yankees post-season chances are about CONTRACTS for next year and beyond?!! What's the point in worrying or talking about that? The goal or purpose of putting a player under contract is to make the playoffs and win games, YET in the midst of doing so the prospective contracts dominate the conversation
I don't understand fans fascination with this and continual desire to play speculative GM. Who cares, what we say, think or write isn't going to make a bit of difference. Teams make their choices and we are stuck rooting for the guy in the laundry regardless.

That can be awfully fun when a bunch of random bearded guys are wearing that laundry. Sox hammered the Yankees this year and sent them scurrying away this weekend. We've got better things to think about.

Again, typical here.......couldn't find Dogdeacon last year at all......POOF he's back and with a mouth!! imagine that?

Hope you have a chance to look back last year when we were playing and you weren't even sniffing.......not too many (me for sure) even busting balls, that's exactly why you guys make me laugh. You personify what you THINK Yankee fans are.......

Maybe you should act like you've been there.......hmmmmm heard that on the hoops board.......bad news is the hoops board is much different
for you jamokes when it comes to baseball, and the Pats.....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You personify what you THINK Yankee fans are.......

Actually, you personify what I think Yankee fans are.

Last year: Yankee fans never bring up injuries
This year: Girardi for MOY, he's had to deal with so many injuries

Reaction Score
Actually, you personify what I think Yankee fans are.

Last year: Yankee fans never bring up injuries
This year: Girardi for MOY, he's had to deal with so many injuries

Please.......you are pitiful........!!Nice try.....Waq is back!:eek:..........the obvious is tough for you to comprehend huh.....by the way there were people who obviously know a lot more baseball than you (that's a high percentage I'm sure) that were saying the same thing on TV and radio. Only you Vike and your wannabe buddies from WEEI thought otherwise.

Like I said he doesn't deserve to win now, he got hammered around two weekends in a row but it was close til then. Only dopes would think otherwise.......

Reaction Score
Again, typical here.......couldn't find Dogdeacon last year at all......POOF he's back and with a mouth!! imagine that?

Hope you have a chance to look back last year when we were playing and you weren't even sniffing.......not too many (me for sure) even busting balls, that's exactly why you guys make me laugh. You personify what you THINK Yankee fans are.......

Maybe you should act like you've been there.......hmmmmm heard that on the hoops board.......bad news is the hoops board is much different
for you jamokes when it comes to baseball, and the Pats.....
I posted that people (mostly Sox fans actually who started both contract threads) are too busy worrying about contracts instead of enjoying the games and pending playoffs. How that is a slight to Yankee fans escapes me.

I think we've all posted less than years past and the trend continues down, but thinking that folks hide(1) from the message boards because they are some stereotype(2)of fraidy scared 'bad' or pink hat Sox fans is only indicative of pompous Yankee fan thought process.

(1) you only need to go back to page 4 or 5 to see last August & September posts and I was here. I probably didn't post too much down the stretch or during playoffs as I wasn't watching but I was here facing the music when the Sox were at their worst for whatever that is worth which is in reality nada as stated above.

(2) AND check my post from 10.19.12 I nearly predicted the Yankee implosion bitch(3)!
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/the-yankers-a-tale-of-two-seasons.25688/

(3) In honor of poor beaten hostaged indentured manservant Jesse Pinkman

Reaction Score
Why do you guys respond to Mau's nonsense? He has 2 replies. Where were you last season? And you are a Red Sox fan so of course you didn't follow baseball before 2004.

Both incredibly stupid, and even if true (which I am sure for everyone here is not) they are both irrelevant.

Guy thinks he's a baseball wizard, but his posts suggest the complete opposite.

Reaction Score
Jerry...f off ....

I have forgotten more about baseball than you will ever know, probably the Sox too......

The digs he made are just what they are and he deserves and you, well you don't deserve crap because you're a proven dope! Again, I remembered last year and had no reason to even throw digs around unless the stupidity of Sox fans came out....

Notice how easy it is to deal with 60's fan and GOUCONN as Sox fans because they're not arrogant idiots like so many...........maybe you can learn something from that when it's give and take and not all about YOU!

Reaction Score
So the TWO threads about Sox steamrolling towards locking up homefield throughout the playoffs AND nearly decimating the Yankees post-season chances are about CONTRACTS for next year and beyond?!! What's the point in worrying or talking about that? The goal or purpose of putting a player under contract is to make the playoffs and win games, YET in the midst of doing so the prospective contracts dominate the conversation?

Are you having a bad day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99