Jackie Bradley Jr. | The Boneyard

Jackie Bradley Jr.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Two years ago, the guy was pathetic. Now he has become a monster. A tremendous turnaround. How to account for it?

Reaction Score
From what I have observed, JBJ is a streak hitter. When he is hot, there is none better but when he is not, he is very ordinary. When he figures out how to be more consistent, he will not be hitting 9th.

Reaction Score
He was an elite college player that took a while to adjust to the majors. Some guys never do. Now that he adjusted, the pitchers will adjust again and so on. But the skills are there, he is balanced, has a nice stoke, a good sense of the strike zone, he just needs to keep putting in the work.

Reaction Score
Two years ago, the guy was pathetic. Now he has become a monster. A tremendous turnaround. How to account for it?

Papi maybe taking him under his wing? Like Manny did for him.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ready defensively and offense had to catch up. He was rushed based on an outstanding Spring training.

Reaction Score
Feel free to share your own opinion!

Reaction Score
He was an elite college player would not have made it to the sox if he had t broken his wrist or whatever that injury was.
Very good offensively in the minors and he was streaky as hell in the majors.

Clearly the answer is steroids

Reaction Score
He was an elite college player would not have made it to the sox if he had t broken his wrist or whatever that injury was.
Very good offensively in the minors and he was streaky as hell in the majors.

Clearly the answer is steroids

Seriously Vike I'm kidding but to your point how many guys had GREAT college careers to not even have a cup of coffee? And how many guys had great minor league careers to only have a cup of coffee? Hardly anything at all to go by. But he's looking pretty good right now for sure.

Reaction Score
JBJ was a top prospect (College All-American and he tore up the lower minors a la Mookie Betts) that got rushed to the majors because of a ridiculously great 2013 spring training that led to skipping AAA and going straight to Boston. Once major league pitchers figured him out they jumped on his weaknesses (particularly high fastballs and a tendency to get pull crazy with an overly long swing) causing him to be sent back to the minors where he belonged. He still wasn't ready in 2014 but the Yankees signing Ellsbury meant they tried to rush him again. By the 2nd half of last season he was ready to be brought back up and he had an incredible August that was roughly comparable to his last month. He's a streaky player, but the biggest issue is that he's adjusted to big league pitching with a shorter, more compact swing that uses the entire field.

Reaction Score
I'm still not convinced on Bradley's hitting. I do like that he uses all fields and Chili Davis probably has a lot to do with that because we see it through the Sox lineup: Bogarts, Pedroia, Shaw, Betts etc. If Bradley hits .285 with occasional power that is fine with me.

Reaction Score
I'm still not convinced on Bradley's hitting. I do like that he uses all fields and Chili Davis probably has a lot to do with that because we see it through the Sox lineup: Bogarts, Pedroia, Shaw, Betts etc. If Bradley hits .285 with occasional power that is fine with me.

.285 is a 10M a year guy. Hell I'm a Yankee fan a .285 hitter with occasional power is unheard of as of late.:eek:

Reaction Score
.285 is a 10M a year guy. Hell I'm a Yankee fan a .285 hitter with occasional power is unheard of as of late.:eek:
I hear you both on JBJ. I think he is at a crossroad in his career. If he has the work ethic of a Yaz, he can become a really special player. He has all the tools - good arm, good speed, great fielder, occasional power and the ability to hit for average. On the other hand if he is lazy, this could be his career highlight. I'm not saying he can become a Yaz but he certainly can become a Dwight Evans and I would be happy with that.

Reaction Score
I hear you both on JBJ. I think he is at a crossroad in his career. If he has the work ethic of a Yaz, he can become a really special player. He has all the tools - good arm, good speed, great fielder, occasional power and the ability to hit for average. On the other hand if he is lazy, this could be his career highlight. I'm not saying he can become a Yaz but he certainly can become a Dwight Evans and I would be happy with that.

The way the kid plays the outfield and throws if he hits .250 with occasional power he's a keeper.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Dwight Evans had a Just-Shy-of-Hall-of-Fame career. It's shameful he didn't garner more votes. I don't think any Red Sox Fan would be disappointed if Bradley turned that in after 19 years. On the other hand, I also don't think it is a reasonable expectation...just yet.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wonder if JBJ is doing what he's doing if Farrell doesn't get sick. He proved last year he was a big league player and has gone on from there. Farrell would have bailed on the guy at the first hint of trouble..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom