Jack Wynn-UMass commit | The Boneyard

Jack Wynn-UMass commit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was looking at his highlights. Looked impressive. Anyone know if this is someone worth getting involved with late in the game? He is from Greenwhich.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't know very much about him (other than his last name is spelled Wynne). I did see a note in Rivals where DJ Hernandez called him with interest from Iowa, although it isn't showing that a scholarship was offered. Still, DJ wouldn't have called him if he wasn't worth something. He's listed as a DE at 6'4", 223 lbs. Probably not yet the prototypical end in a 3-4 system (I'm not sure about that), but could be beefed up a little or could be converted to an LB...

EDIT: He indeed got that offer from Iowa! Surprising that he chose UMass over Iowa with that being the case. Here's the note from Rivals:
http://connecticut.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1474734

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know very much about him (other than his last name is spelled Wynne). I did see a note in Rivals where DJ Hernandez called him with interest from Iowa, although it isn't showing that a scholarship was offered. Still, DJ wouldn't have called him if he wasn't worth something. He's listed as a DE at 6'4", 223 lbs. Probably not yet the prototypical end in a 3-4 system (I'm not sure about that), but could be beefed up a little or could be converted to an LB...

EDIT: He indeed got that offer from Iowa! Surprising that he chose UMass over Iowa with that being the case. Here's the note from Rivals:

His "Program Weight" is 240. Program tends to be truthful for kids being recruited. Seniors actually shrink.

Made All-FCIAC, Hearst "Big-33" and 2nd Team Register All-State. Some scared off by Asthma. I've seen him play. He passes my inexpert eye test. Fast/quick. I wondered why UCONN wasn't involved. Maybe a "prototype" thing?

Reaction Score
Perhaps he chose UMass just so he could be close to home. If that were the case, all logic would indicate he's take a Uconn offer in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score

Interesting. That article was from last February and I wonder if something happened to that Iowa offer or if it ever really came to fruition. The recruiting sites say his only offer was UMass. With recruiting, when a big school across the country makes an offer it tends to create the "me too" effect with the mid-tier schools suddenly jumping on. Once a B10 school offers from way out of state, other schools will simply offer with little knowledge of the kid assuming a school like Iowa uncovered a gem. Tough to think he would choose UMass over Iowa based on their poor performance to date and financial issues. And if was a geography thing, you would think some other local schools equivalent to UMass would have jumped on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom