It's Time to Make Geno the Highest Paid Basketball Coach in America | The Boneyard

It's Time to Make Geno the Highest Paid Basketball Coach in America

Reaction Score
I assume that in reality, Geno is a wealthy individual, who could probably coach for free and not see a drastic change in his financial status.

However, this is America. We worship one GOD above all others – THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR. It is the dollar that we use to indicate superiority. For coaches of any major sport in America, it is their salary that is a direct indication of their value to team, fans, city, and state they coach in.

Geno has said repeatably, that he understands the basic economic principles that make men's college basketball, superior, within the context of its financial benefit to its educational institution, then that of the woman's game, which for all schools, including UCONN, is a financial losing proposition. That is the sad fact of the college woman's game in America today.

No offense to you Kevin Ollie fans, but there is no way in this world that he and the now deteriorating mens basketball program at UCONN is worth more then Geno and the woman's game. What UCONN pays Geno is a total INSULT to a man who will be a sports HISTORICAL FIGURE. A man who took as third-rate university with one of the worst woman's basketball programs in America and transformed it into a program that actually operates in a different realm of existence from every other woman's basketball program in America; and along the way was a force that help transformed the university itself into an institution of educational excellence. A man who has changed the very nature of the entire woman's college basketball landscape in America.

Of course the University will tell you that the foundation of the men's and woman's programs have very different intrinsic values, especially within the financial realm that simple does not allow the University to have the funds to pay Geno what he is really worth. Geno, would probably agree.

However, Geno goes beyond the University. He glorifies the entire State of Connecticut. He is Connecticut. He is the most popular human in the state. The UCONN Woman's Basketball Team is the face of the entire state; its greatest ambassador. He will be forever glorified and revered as long as Connecticut exist.

So, citizens of Connecticut, it is time for you, through the legislative process, to pass a bill that authorizes the state to pay this extra-ordinary human-being a salary that honers his greatness and his contributions to the state itself. Geno should be paid one million dollars per year for each national championship he produces. That means, he would be making a base salary of eleven million dollars this year. He still may get another five or more before he retires.

My humble opinion.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. I hope that at the very least he is the highest paid women's coach , but I assume that's true.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I assume that in reality, Geno is a wealthy individual, who could probably coach for free and not see a drastic change in his financial status.

However, this is America. We worship one GOD above all others – THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR. It is the dollar that we use to indicate superiority. For coaches of any major sport in America, it is their salary that is a direct indication of their value to team, fans, city, and state they coach in.

Geno has said repeatably, that he understands the basic economic principles that make men's college basketball, superior, within the context of its financial benefit to its educational institution, then that of the woman's game, which for all schools, including UCONN, is a financial losing proposition. That is the sad fact of the college woman's game in America today.

No offense to you Kevin Ollie fans, but there is no way in this world that he and the now deteriorating mens basketball program at UCONN is worth more then Geno and the woman's game. What UCONN pays Geno is a total INSULT to a man who will be a sports HISTORICAL FIGURE. A man who took as third-rate university with one of the worst woman's basketball programs in America and transformed it into a program that actually operates in a different realm of existence from every other woman's basketball program in America; and along the way was a force that help transformed the university itself into an institution of educational excellence. A man who has changed the very nature of the entire woman's college basketball landscape in America.

Of course the University will tell you that the foundation of the men's and woman's programs have very different intrinsic values, especially within the financial realm that simple does not allow the University to have the funds to pay Geno what he is really worth. Geno, would probably agree.

However, Geno goes beyond the University. He glorifies the entire State of Connecticut. He is Connecticut. He is the most popular human in the state. The UCONN Woman's Basketball Team is the face of the entire state; its greatest ambassador. He will be forever glorified and revered as long as Connecticut exist.

So, citizens of Connecticut, it is time for you, through the legislative process, to pass a bill that authorizes the state to pay this extra-ordinary human-being a salary that honers his greatness and his contributions to the state itself. Geno should be paid one million dollars per year for each national championship he produces. That means, he would be making a base salary of eleven million dollars this year. He still may get another five or more before he retires.

My humble opinion.

1) You still sipping on that Egg Nog I see :cool::p:D:rolleyes:;):):cool::p:D

2) How much are you willing to chip in ?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am sure Geno and his staff are paid very well and fairly based on a number of metrics tied to everything from wins, NC's, seniority, attendance, TV ratings etc. I for one would like this stuff to be private but that is just me.

Reaction Score

My humble opinion.
Nice job Cathy. ;^)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I thought Geno made more than your men's coach? I know there are plenty of men's coaches that make more than he does, and yes it's wrong, but as someone said, where is the money supposed to come from?

In any case, yes, so far as I know he is the highest paid women's coach.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I had not realized that xoxxox is Geno's agent.;)

Reaction Score
How about lowering the men's coaching salaries to below what Geno makes? that would accomplish the same objective and save the state (i.e, us) a ton of money.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Wow, this comes from a random place, it seems to me.

Geno's contract would be up for renewal in 2018. I trust both Geno and the state of CT to get it done. Presumably, a WCBB coaching salary will be based on how much revenue he brings into the state of Connecticut, as well as how low a supply of alternatives there is to meet demand. That will be what is negotiated. Simple as that.

I will trust the process and cannot do a thing to "make" Geno the highest-paid anything, anywhere.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I always thought Vince McMahon was the most popular person in Connecticut.
He certainly packs more arenas than Geno.:rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I always thought Vince McMahon was the most popular person in Connecticut.
He certainly packs more arenas than Geno.:rolleyes:
I just saw that Linda McMahon is worth about $1.5 billion. Wrestling has been very good to the McMahons.

Reaction Score
No. UConn and its students already provide a 39 million dollar subsidy to our 79 million dollar athletics budget. In a time when the state is cutting education funds as well as municipal aid it is completely ridiculous to give a man an extra 9 million dollars because his unpaid student athletes are good at throwing balls through hoops.

Reaction Score
I thought he was the highest paid coach, the girls have given him 11 National Championships. I don't think Geno has a problem with his pay so it is nothing I am going to lose any sleep over.

Reaction Score
Geno makes what 2 million a year ? The assistants make 200k per year? I know that's not crazy for CT, but still that's a decent wage.

My information is that CD makes $350,000 and that Shea makes $170,000 and Mairssa makes $160,000

Reaction Score

My humble opinion.
Very ignorant comment about the men's team deteriorating.two star players hurt and done for season and a third expected to contribute is also done for the season. Think no Lou,Crystal or Natalie and how good of a season would the women be having. Geno is awesome and deserves the world, but the men's team is not deteriorating. Takes time to rebuild in the men's game and they are super young.

Reaction Score
Very ignorant comment about the men's team deteriorating.two star players hurt and done for season and a third expected to contribute is also done for the season. Think no Lou,Crystal or Natalie and how good of a season would the women be having. Geno is awesome and deserves the world, but the men's team is not deteriorating. Takes time to rebuild in the men's game and they are super young.

Sorry you don't see it but it has deteriorated already. The only good thing about it is there is no where to go but up. Hopefully this is the last year of embarrassments.

Reaction Score
Sorry you don't see it but it has deteriorated already. The only good thing about it is there is no where to go but up. Hopefully this is the last year of embarrassments.

You obviously don't follow them....maybe your a box score checker, which would lead one to believe that.

Reaction Score

My humble opinion.

There is a point in the accumulation of DOLLAR s, and those from taxpayers should be the least desirable, where more dollars buys you not one cent more of value. The Rockerfeller (sp), Morgans, etc measured success via the accumulation of dollars--but most of that came for business successes. How can it be success to take from working families, fathers, mothers, kids to add to an already wealthy person? Geno, from all his past good works and caring for his (total) community, I believe , would NOT go along with this premise ?
On a comparable basis--is he worth it --hell yes--should the Ct taxes be increased make the PROPER comparison?? Hell no! I have seen , first hand, the miss uses of tax dollars with the mentality of ---there is more where that came from--that was wrong then--to me this is a bad premise.

Reaction Score

My humble opinion.
Honers? You don't happen to control Donald Trump's twitter account do you?

Reaction Score
Thank you so much BroadwayVa for these wise words. I've erased more than one post about this for fear of sounding more outraged than I should. Frankly, CT has very serious financial issues that have carried over to the university. Every additional dollar in salary brings little net given his tax bracket, while students work 20+ hrs/week busing dishes etc just to make ends meet. Meanwhile Geno makes a great deal in other ways as well, as he should and is richly deserving.

It's time not to put Geno in an arms race for who gets the most money, but rather to be proud that a public university which is putting all available resources into improving its academics and financial aid does NOT pay him as much as some other coaches get.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom